BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
idnarbjm

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Email

Please Login to Remove!

Is it possible to show your email accounts on separate icons instead of all of your accounts going into the one icon?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
PMurray633
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: 3049C9C6

If you set the email up, I believe that the phone is set to make a new icon for each email address, and in the message options, you can set it to either THEME CONTROLLED, COMBINED, or SEPARATE, hope that helps
Old 11-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
idnarbjm

Thanks for the quick response, but I tried that and that option is to separate the SMS from email. I setup my yahoo account and I haven't found an option to make it stop going into the same folder as my BES email.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Your main folder will get all of the email. If you don't want click the icon and choose "hide"

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
webmstrk9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

For all the email accounts you setup in BIS, there should be a separate icon for each. If they are not there, highlight an icon, press menu until the menu pops up, choose show all. This will show all hidden icons, of the email boxes you setup, highlight the ones you want to be visible, and press menu until the menu pops up and uncheck hide. Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
islapp

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Speaking of emails, on my Curve, whenever I get an email, alot of it is not in clear text. You have to click on links. Supposedly getting software from empower will fix or help that.
Do we have the same issues with the Storm?
Mike
Old 12-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Another email question if anyone can share their input is everytime I send a email I immediately get a confirmation email sent to me even though I have "confirm delivery", "confirm read", and "send read reciepts" all in the "no" option.

This is pretty annoying...
Old 12-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by user242 View Post
Another email question if anyone can share their input is everytime I send a email I immediately get a confirmation email sent to me even though I have "confirm delivery", "confirm read", and "send read reciepts" all in the "no" option.

This is pretty annoying...
Did you reset it on the BIS server? I had a problem once with signatures, changed it on my phone email set-up, but it still said "sent from my Verizon wireless blackberry". When I logged into the Verizon BIS site and was able to change it there.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #9
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

not exactly 100% related to this subject, but I'll ask anyways, I could not log into the BIS Verizon website to change my settings, as whenever I tried to register a new account (for the first time) it kept telling me PIN already in use. I could however change email settings from the setup menu on the phone. Any thoughts?
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
coop5571

Quote:
Originally Posted by islapp View Post
Speaking of emails, on my Curve, whenever I get an email, alot of it is not in clear text. You have to click on links. Supposedly getting software from empower will fix or help that.
Do we have the same issues with the Storm?
Mike
Yes, However I just downloaded & installed the software from Empower there are (2) seperate apps, one to set up an independent folder icon for BES (corporate email) $20 & one to view HTML email $30. both work great. I installed the trial versions but will have to pony up $50 once they run out. I have our IT upgrading the BES servers so hopefully that will solve the HTML issue, but the seperate email folder issue will still be there.

BTW I'm have a Storm & I am using the leaked .75 software version.

On a seperate note the more I learn about this phone the more I'm starting to like it.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #11
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

You might already have an account? I think it becomes set up for you as soon as you validate your email accounts. Maybe click on "require assistance" and see if they can send you the login info. Otherwise I had good luck once speaking with Verizon Technical Support. They were able to help me with the website and give me the correct information.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamegs View Post
You might already have an account? I think it becomes set up for you as soon as you validate your email accounts. Maybe click on "require assistance" and see if they can send you the login info. Otherwise I had good luck once speaking with Verizon Technical Support. They were able to help me with the website and give me the correct information.
not likely, I was a new Verizon customer, and the Storm was brand new, got it on the 21st at a local Circuit City...just walked in, no lines, amazing.
Anyways, I returned it after a couple of days and cancelled the account/service. Ordered a new one yesterday (kept hearing better and better things about the storm) which will ship "by 12/15". Let's see how my new setup works.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBerry View Post
not likely, I was a new Verizon customer, and the Storm was brand new, got it on the 21st at a local Circuit City...just walked in, no lines, amazing.
Anyways, I returned it after a couple of days and cancelled the account/service. Ordered a new one yesterday (kept hearing better and better things about the storm) which will ship "by 12/15". Let's see how my new setup works.
The account was automatically set up when I activated emails on the device. I knew nothing about it until I received a replacement BB for a faulty Pearl, and I kept getting a message stating I needed to validate my email accounts. I called Verizon tech Support and he had me log on to the BIS site and there was all my information. It was my first time on the site and I never set it up. so I imagine you had one set up as soon as you activated the phone. That is why the PIN says already in use.

Hope you enjoy your new phone. I is better with the OS update. A friend of mine just got one today at Best Buy, and it has the .65 OS on it still.
Closed Thread