BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
dimarche
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 2558480F
Carrier: TIM
Default Just ordered my new Storm to repalce the Bold (Vodafone Italy)

Please Login to Remove!

Vodafone Italy will start shipping the first touch-screen balckberry the 4th of December. To all the people that subscribed the Storm promo (2000 mins national calls /month, 1000 sms / month, unlimited email, unilited internet via mobile phone, 10 hours per month of WEB browsing using the BB as modem) it seems the devices will be delivered on the end of December.
Let's see... hope to get my hands on the Storm soon. IN the meanwhile I'll keep playing with my Bold.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
franknbeans
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vrz

congrats man... I hear the bold is a great phone. . . but the strom and bold are two different animals.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I think you're in for a letdown going from the Bold to the Storm. Both great devices but.....
Old 12-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
Goran008
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 249FF501

"I think you're in for a letdown going from the Bold to the Storm. Both great devices but....."
So you "think"? hmmm, how so?

G
Old 12-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
CO_BBTechie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran008 View Post
"I think you're in for a letdown going from the Bold to the Storm. Both great devices but....."
So you "think"? hmmm, how so?

G
Let me rephrase that. I would be in for a letdown if I went from the Bold to the Storm. The Bold just has more of everything, and the Storm is still experiencing some launch issues. Granted they should all be rectified by OS updates, but for starters, the Bold has the golden 3 (wi-fi, gps, 3G) which as I understand it, is the first time all 3 have been together on a BB.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #6
Goran008
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 249FF501

I agree!

G
Old 12-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #7
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I had the storm for 5 full days and just could not stand the keyboard anymore. Don't get me wrong, the Storm is a very good BB, it does take some getting used to, but it is not for everyone. My opinion is, if you type frequently (emails/text messages) on a daily basis and need a full qwerty keyboard, the Storm is not for you; Typing, at least for me, was very tiring and difficult. I would make many spelling mistakes due to the small size of the keyboard keys, and pressing the outter keys of the keyboard (like Q, P, A, L, Z, M....) takes harder presses due to the way the hovering screen is built and sure press was designed. If you are happy with a suretype keyboard (this in my opinion is where the Storm excells), this could work for you. I also had concerns for dust coming under the screen (the entire screen wobbles from side to side, and also this is by design), and now it seems some people's storms are starting to show dust under their screens.
It is not a matter of which one is better, it's a matter of which one suits you best. Both the Bold and the Storm are great, I personaly preffer the Bold.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBerry View Post
I had the storm for 5 full days and just could not stand the keyboard anymore. Don't get me wrong, the Storm is a very good BB, it does take some getting used to, but it is not for everyone. My opinion is, if you type frequently (emails/text messages) on a daily basis and need a full qwerty keyboard, the Storm is not for you; Typing, at least for me, was very tiring and difficult. I would make many spelling mistakes due to the small size of the keyboard keys
This has been my feeling as well, but today seems to be the beginning of 'turning the corner'.

At launch, I thought the Storm was a POS. As I learned a bit more about the new OS features, etc, I became sold on the device and the great things that will come with 4.7. 4.7.0.75 made the damn thing functional, and as of today, I've begun to type reasonably fast. If I don't have it down in another week, I'll ditch the Storm, but I think it just has a relatively steep learing curve.

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #9
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Agree on the steep learning curve, and honestly there are times when I miss the Storm; The browser is really great if you compare it to the Bold, it also feels better in the hand than the Bold, so again, each one has its pros and cons; Will I never get a Storm again? I wouldn't say so, when word is out that it is a zippy as the Verizon commercial, the screen wobbling is "fixed" by some HW production adjustments (maybe the 2nd generation Storm/Thunder/Lightning/Hurricane/Tornado) I might get it again...ah what the heck, if I get my hands on a relatively cheap GSM unit I might get back. Let's just recover from our recession first, shall we? It is now official.......
Old 12-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
CO_BBTechie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBerry View Post
maybe the 2nd generation Storm/Thunder/Lightning/Hurricane/Tornado
I vote for Monsoon!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
robotpedlr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I went from the Bold to the Storm... and am happy with the Strom. Sure there were issues (less now with the new OS), but its a great phone unless you are a super hardcore emailer (you type a ton on the device). The Storm is better for all around use...the Bold better for pure email. Of course both devices do both (email vs all around)...they just have sweat spots in the opposite ends of that range.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
BBHorrigan
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A

code named stratosphere ;p
Closed Thread