johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl.kl View Post
New update available.
What does the new update do? better contact sync? Any comments on the update at all or just the news?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
daryl.kl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A

Just news. I never had issues with the previous version but I did update to this new version. I notice that now you have the option to Reset Calendar and Contacts sync separately.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl.kl View Post
Just news. I never had issues with the previous version but I did update to this new version. I notice that now you have the option to Reset Calendar and Contacts sync separately.
Thanks- I use the BB to Google calendar sync and the Google to Outlook Calendar sync but do not let it touch my contacts as they are in Outlook Business Contact Manager and there is no sync for that.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Can anyone offer advice, I tried Google Sync for BB when it first came out and there was an issue with 4.5/4.6 of syncing multiple calendars. Judging by the Bold posters in this thread, has multiple calendar sync been fixed in this new release.? I hope so I cna get rid of GooSync, nice service but too expensive and was a hold over for the meanwhile. Please let me know friends, thanks!!!! DBB
Old 11-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
Can anyone offer advice, I tried Google Sync for BB when it first came out and there was an issue with 4.5/4.6 of syncing multiple calendars. Judging by the Bold posters in this thread, has multiple calendar sync been fixed in this new release.? I hope so I cna get rid of GooSync, nice service but too expensive and was a hold over for the meanwhile. Please let me know friends, thanks!!!! DBB
I was in the original thread with you DBB. You can sync more than one calendar but you cannot tell the difference between where they originally came from on the bb. Let me clarify; my wife and I both have seperate Google calendars and we both have access to each others and can view each others on Google- I see all of the stuff from both on my BB but they look the same. I cannot add to her calendar from my BB-just mine.

Does that help?

I have not upgraded because I do not want the Contact sync- maybe I will try the new version and see if it breaks up the calendars but that seems to me that it is a BB issue not Google.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #7
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
I was in the original thread with you DBB. You can sync more than one calendar but you cannot tell the difference between where they originally came from on the bb. Let me clarify; my wife and I both have seperate Google calendars and we both have access to each others and can view each others on Google- I see all of the stuff from both on my BB but they look the same. I cannot add to her calendar from my BB-just mine.

Does that help?

I have not upgraded because I do not want the Contact sync- maybe I will try the new version and see if it breaks up the calendars but that seems to me that it is a BB issue not Google.
johnfromphilly,

I remember you friend. So I guess sticking for GooSync is my best bet to keep my calendars separated by their tagging method upon sync? I cant believe it has taken Google this long to get this one fixed - multiple calendar syncing issue. But in their defense, RIM came out with 4.5/4.6/4.7 kind of altogether. Let me know, thanks!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
johnfromphilly,

I remember you friend. So I guess sticking for GooSync is my best bet to keep my calendars separated by their tagging method upon sync? I cant believe it has taken Google this long to get this one fixed - multiple calendar syncing issue. But in their defense, RIM came out with 4.5/4.6/4.7 kind of altogether. Let me know, thanks!

Are you looking for (for example) 3 calendars on BB synched with 3 seperate Google Calendars then being able to view them together but with a color (or something) differentiating the different calendars?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

johnfromphilly,

I was also fearful of the contacts sync in the new version. But it has an option to turn off contact sync - and its set to off by default. You should be OK with the new version.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Are you looking for (for example) 3 calendars on BB synched with 3 seperate Google Calendars then being able to view them together but with a color (or something) differentiating the different calendars?
Right now how goosync works is as is:

I have 2 google calendars
Personal
Work

From with in goosync, I can set up a tag like [per] for my personal calendar and [wrk] for my work calendar, and when I create new appointments on my blackberry, as long as the tag (bracket included) is at the beginning of the appointment name, I can create appts and sync them up to my google calendars, with the event item being added to my main calendar on my blackberry bold.

Now on my BB, all of the events/appts are on one calendar, but when syncing, they go to their respective google calendars.

So will the newest GoogleSync version at least get me the ability to sync my multiple calendars down to my device and then if I create a new calendar item, at least allow me to sync to my default calendar? or does it work differently?

Last edited by DaBlackberryBoy; 11-26-2008 at 03:39 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #11
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Right now how goosync works is as is:

I have 2 google calendars
Personal
Work

From with in goosync, I can set up a tag like [per] for my personal calendar and [wrk] for my work calendar, and when I create new appointments on my blackberry, as long as the tag (bracket included) is at the beginning of the appointment name, I can create appts and sync them up to my google calendars, with the event item being added to my main calendar on my blackberry bold.

Now on my BB, all of the events/appts are on one calendar, but when syncing, they go to their respective google calendars.

So will the newest GoogleSync version at least get me the ability to sync my multiple calendars down to my device and then if I create a new calendar item, at least allow me to sync to my default calendar? or does it work differently?

Ok I think I get it.

Yes- right now you can "see" two calendars on the BB, for me it is my Google calendar (default) with my wife's checked off on the left side of Google calendar.
Google Default-John
syncs with BB
has wife's calendar active under Google's "other calendars"

Google- wife
has my calendar active under Google's "other calendars"

If I add an activity it adds it to the main calendar (default) only but it is viewable on my wife's Google calendar since she has my calendar showing on hers. Make sense? If not I can clarify.

whsbuss,
I have upgraded to the newest version, did not check off contacts, and all works well with the calendar.

Last edited by johnfromphilly; 11-26-2008 at 04:01 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #12
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Ok I think I get it.

Yes- right now you can "see" two calendars on the BB, for me it is my Google calendar (default) with my wife's checked off on the left side of Google calendar. If I add an activity it adds it to the main calendar (default) only but it is viewable on my wife's Google calendar since she has my calendar showing on hers. Make sense? If not I can clarify.

whsbuss,
I have upgraded to the newest version, did not check off contacts, and all works well with the calendar.
I kind of get it, but could you give me a more elaborate example (usually dont hear that). If I am reading you right you have events from yours and her calendar on your berry, and when you add an event on your berry, it adds to your default google calendar...am I close or not even in the area?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #13
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I kind of get it, but could you give me a more elaborate example (usually dont hear that). If I am reading you right you have events from yours and her calendar on your berry, and when you add an event on your berry, it adds to your default google calendar...am I close or not even in the area?
exactly correct. and she can also see that event on her Google calendar since my calendar is active on her Google calendar.

I editted my prior post also fo clarity...maybe
Old 11-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #14
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

All of this also syncs with Oulook Business contact manager's calendar on the PC thru Google's Outlook sync
Old 11-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #15
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Very nice, well I guess I can get my money back - right in time for black friday - from goosync!!! Thanks johnfromphilly!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #16
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Very nice, well I guess I can get my money back - right in time for black friday - from goosync!!! Thanks johnfromphilly!!!!!
You cannot create an event on the BB and have it go to seperate calendars in google like you said you can do now with your [per] prefix. You can only add to your default from the BB but you can view multiple Google calendars on the BB if that is your goal.

Happy Thanksgiving,
John
Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #17
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
You cannot create an event on the BB and have it go to seperate calendars in google like you said you can do now with your [per] prefix. You can only add to your default from the BB but you can view multiple Google calendars on the BB if that is your goal.

Happy Thanksgiving,
John
I usually do not create appt on my berry, but if I do it is usually for work, and my default google calendar is for my work (google desktop syncs my outlook to the default calendar). So at least I can sync to that calendar and switch which calendar it is assigned to if it is outside of work. As long as I can delete appointments off my berry and they will be removed form the corresponding calendar, I can live with things, for $50 less!

EDIT: FOR ALL INTERESTED BOLD USERS, MULTIPLE CALENDAR SYNC IS BACK BUT THE SYNC WILL SYNC ALL OF YOUR MULTIPLE GOOGLE CALENDARS TO YOUR DEFAULT BLACKBERRY CALENDAR, NOT THE CALENDARS FOR EACH EMAIL ADDRESS. SO BE ADVISED OF THAT, BUT FOR THE MOST PART, WORKS LIKE IT DID PRIOR!

Last edited by DaBlackberryBoy; 11-26-2008 at 05:16 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #18
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: Head

Quote:
What does the new update do? better contact sync? Any comments on the update at all or just the news?
I've sync'd with it three times since updating to the new version. Thus far I am not having any of the issues as before. No duplicated addresses or phone number issues yet.

It's slow still, but I am told that once you have a few sync's in with it it will speed up like calendar sync did.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:57 AM   #19
Jaime

Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile

Any brave man syncing contacts again? Please keep us informed

Best,
Jaime
Old 11-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #20
dualsub2006

Model: Droid
PIN: Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Any brave man syncing contacts again? Please keep us informed

Best,
Jaime
I have been using the new version since yesterday. Working just fine for me so far. I don't have all of the dupe addresses and phone numbers in my Gmail contacts like before. I am syncing with Outlook every so often to detect any changes on my BB and there haven't been any.

Calendar syncs fine and then about a minute after that completes contact sync completes. I'm loving it.
Closed Thread