Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
shut.down

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Busy Server?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, sorry my first time thread has to be asking for help, but here goes.

I recently received a refurbished Blackberry because my old one blew out on me. Long story, but in the end Blackberry supplied me a new phone for free because it was under the year warranty. Gratefully, I tried to get back into the swing of life with my new Blackberry.
The first few days went fine, and I was able to get internet, as I was paying the $30/month or whatever cost for it. But after a bit, it got funky.
Basically, the internet gave out on me. I repeatedly receive this message whenever trying to load a page or sign my e-mail up after a good 1.5-minute wait for the "Requesting..." bar:

"A communication failure occurred with the selected provisioning server. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider."

What I get from this is that it's the servers fault and that it has a problem. Thing is that I don't really believe that, I feel it's probably more user-error.
Realize now that I have had relatively no time to update it. I have yet to hook it up to my computer (it's in a box at the moment; on my girlfriend's), nor set-up my e-mail account.
Everything else on the phone works fine such as SMS text, Blackberry Messenger, etc. and it has a strong signal and is connected to "edge".

My question is: is this seemingly problem with the internet due to user error, server error or Blackberry sending my a refurbished phone? Do I just need to hook it up to my computer and all questions will be answered? Any help is appreciated (and btw, no a google search didn't sum it up for me ).
Old 08-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Is that edge or EDGE? If its owercase, that's the issue. Try pulling the batter or reregistering the device (host routing table)
Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
shut.down

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomryan View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Is that edge or EDGE? If its owercase, that's the issue. Try pulling the batter or reregistering the device (host routing table)
no, it's particularly "edge" lowercase. but when i searched elsewhere for troubleshooting, everything else had lowercase as well. nonetheless, i'll pull the battery since reregistering sounds hard.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #4
TomN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: I'm not supposed to play with sharp things.
Carrier: at&t

Yes the lowercase edge on the device is the problem. Removing the battery should fix it. If not, call your mobile phone company and get them involved.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:56 AM   #5
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys

what happens when you're getting this error with uppercase edge? this happens to me at least twice a week.
Closed Thread