Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
JR.POLL

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Unhappy MY BB pearl is BROKEN! HELP!

Please Login to Remove!

my pearl has just called it quits on me, I am only able to talk on it through my speaker phone, i guess the internal speaker inside went out, i only had this phone for about 3 months, what should i do!?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Contact whoever sold it to you (hopefully a carrier) and request service. This would seem like a warranty issue to me.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR.POLL View Post
my pearl has just called it quits on me, I am only able to talk on it through my speaker phone, i guess the internal speaker inside went out, i only had this phone for about 3 months, what should i do!?
You need to provide more details, including when it happened, how it happened, exact symptoms, etc. And like other post, where and how did you buy it. This may be a warranty issue and you should not be attempting self-help on a forum site when making a warranty claim with the carrier is the solution.

Best tip: did you do the battery reset? That fixes about 99.9% of all problems. Battery reset, you ask? Pull the battery out, wait about five seconds, reinsert, problem fixed [especially sound/speaker issues].

Still won't work [reset three times to be sure that procedure is not working]?

If you bought the phone second hand on eBay, you may want to check BBF's Buy/Sell section. I am selling the earpiece speaker. Hope that this is not your solution/fix as most people can't rip apart their phones.

Let us know what happens after the battery reset.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 07-13-2007 at 11:29 AM..
Old 07-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
JR.POLL

well i bought it through wirefly with a t-mobile contract, will t-mobile process the manufactor warranty?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #5
JR.POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
You need to provide more details, including when it happened, how it happened, exact symptoms, etc. And like other post, where and how did you buy it. This may be a warranty issue and you should not be attempting self-help on a forum site when making a warranty claim with the carrier is the solution.

Best tip: did you do the battery reset? That fixes about 99.9% of all problems. Battery reset, you ask? Pull the battery out, wait about five seconds, reinsert, problem fixed [especially sound/speaker issues].

Still won't work [reset three times to be sure that procedure is not working]?

If you bought the phone second hand on eBay, you may want to check BBF's Buy/Sell section. I am selling the earpiece speaker. Hope that this is not your solution/fix as most people can't rip apart their phones.

Let us know what happens after the battery reset.

well i bought it through wirefly with a t-mobile contract, will t-mobile process the manufactor warranty?
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR.POLL View Post
Well I assume you tried the battery reset and that did not work.

Rather than try to fix it via here, call T-Mo customer service and they will go through a check with you. If they can't fix it, then YES, it is covered through T-Mo. Takes about 5 minutes for them to order you another phone.

It's covered because all you did was buy the phone through a vendor. Authorized vendors who set up service for carriers are T-Mo agents/reps. So the stuff they sell you is covered.

Call them today, Sunday, as custo service and tech support is open.

By the way, good move going with T-Mo, they have the best custo service and tech support I have ever seen from any company. They will stay on the phone with you for three hours if need be.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #7
SanFrancisco

By the way, my speaker, not the earpiece speaker, went out in Oct 2006. T-Mo replaced it and I had the new phone in about three days from the call.

The Pearl has many, many parts that can fail because they are not super beefed up components. So this stuff does go out.
Closed Thread