Old 09-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
notsatisfied
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Blackberry Support Prefers to win rather than resolve

Please Login to Remove!

When Blackberry indicates that their Tour model isnt water proof they dont mean deep sea diving into the abyss that is the atlantic or pacific ocean. They dont really even mean deep diving into your bath tub or kitchen sink. What they DO mean is bring the phone to your ear on a hot day and having sweat from that same ear LEAK into the LCD of the Tour. Since WATER DAMAGE is not covered as part of the Warranty neither is Ear Sweat...which Blackberrys crack customer support professionals who also seem to be experts in liquid chemistry just informed me. NOTE, when asked how I was to use my Tour if I wasnt head long into my freezer avoiding what to my knowledge in 41 years is not an over anxious ear sweat gland, I was told to use an ear piece. SO, Blackberry apparently doesnt hire Support People that care about what to me seems to be a rational disatisfaction---ie---why didnt Blackberry warn me that i shouldnt use my ear to take or make calls unless I was standing on the top of Mount Everest. I dont recall seeing a warning anywhere that normal levels of sweat from a human ear could cause FLOOD DAMAGE the likes of katrina in your Tour---and would not be covered under warranty????? Also, why didnt Blackberry inform their customer service professionals that the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT...even when he is wrong???? The problem with America people????....you cant use your ear to talk on the phone anymore!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by notsatisfied; 09-02-2010 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsatisfied View Post
Also, why didnt Blackberry inform their customer service professionals that the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT...even when he is wrong????
Because obviously you are wrong. Go read your Verizon warranty.
Your service provider provides the warranty service on the device, and it is pretty clearly spelled out that moisture damage is not covered.
That's pretty clear on ANY mobile phone or smartphone.

However, if you settle down to the point of doing something about it, read the FAQ about wet blackberrys and save yours.

Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 09-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
notsatisfied

Default really????

didnt you read..."even when they are wrong"???? AND NOTE...where does it tell me that i need to be careful not to put the phone to my ear as MINIMAL amounts of SWEAT will seep into my LCD??????? Where does it tell me this IN WRITING???? Since I am so wrong in your view!! I am aware that WATER damage isnt covered!!!! What I WASNT aware of, if you read clearly, is that ear sweat is the same as a pool!!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Moved to Rants and Raves

Your issue is with Verizon Wireless. Complain to them. This is a privately run forum, volunteer supported, that is not associated with RIM or any carrier.

Sorry you got your BB wet.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
notsatisfied

Default not with verizon only

my issue is not entirely with verizon. i assume people from Blackberry read these forum discussions. they should be aware that their customer support people are not very effective. tour users should also be aware that they may get into trouble if they are hot and chose to use their tour without an ear piece. this is not a rant...it is a legit post that brings up a legit concern.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
notsatisfied

AND Note...i called Blackberry in addition to Verizon. they both lack concern for the basic premise that you cannot bring the Tour to your ear if it is hot out!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

No, it IS a rant. 100% certified.
You can stop arguing now as it is over.
Sorry.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Lulz.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Wow
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
notsatisfied

is it truly that much of a stretch for people to realize that i am concerned that i have a phone that i cannot bring to my ear without damaging it? blackberry and verizon could care less as they are covered by the water damage clause of the warranty. however, what is striking to me is that others have not had this issue. if this is true, than my phone is dysfunctional and both verizon and blackberry are avoiding replacing it on a technicality. as a consumer oriented forum i would think more people would be concerned that two major players in the cell phone industry could care less that a phone they both offer is leaking ear sweat---primarily because most of us...unless i am from the wrong planet...hear out of our ears!!!! how am i to use my phone if it leaks ear sweat???? doesnt that strike the users of this forum as strange? i could be out close to 500 bucks because blackberry built a phone that cant contain my ear sweat.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
is it truly that much of a stretch for people to realize that i am concerned that i have a phone that i cannot bring to my ear without damaging it? blackberry and verizon could care less as they are covered by the water damage clause of the warranty. however, what is striking to me is that others have not had this issue. if this is true, than my phone is dysfunctional and both verizon and blackberry are avoiding replacing it on a technicality. as a consumer oriented forum i would think more people would be concerned that two major players in the cell phone industry could care less that a phone they both offer is leaking ear sweat---primarily because most of us...unless i am from the wrong planet...hear out of our ears!!!! how am i to use my phone if it leaks ear sweat???? doesnt that strike the users of this forum as strange? i could be out close to 500 bucks because blackberry built a phone that cant contain my ear sweat.
I've been on this forum, and other mobile phone forums, daily for over 5 years.
I've never heard of anyone, other than you, who has had this "problem".

Just accept the fact that you're different and move on. So you sweat more than anyone else on the planet... big deal. Carry a rag with you and wipe your ears often.
What else do you expect people to say here?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #12
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I'm late to the party, but I'll take this seriously and advise that you get another smartphone, and another, and another, until you find one that you are satisfied with. Seriously.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #13
notsatisfied

interesting...if in 5 years, you like me, havent encountered this, than the phone that i currently have in my possession is mechanically NOT functioning properly and therefore should be replaced under warranty.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
notsatisfied

and i dont expect anyone here to do anything...you see, this is a forum where people discuss all things Blackberry...does it escape you, Penguin, that people from Blackberry might actually be reading some of these posts???? additionally, if there are others that have had this problem then there might be those that have a solution---other than your brilliant suggestion that I walk the earth with a rag.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #15
notsatisfied

and if you have been on phone forums daily for 5 years straight than you are either in prison or need to get a life!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #16
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
and i dont expect anyone here to do anything...you see, this is a forum where people discuss all things Blackberry...does it escape you, Penguin, that people from Blackberry might actually be reading some of these posts???? additionally, if there are others that have had this problem then there might be those that have a solution---other than your brilliant suggestion that I walk the earth with a rag.
Don't think anyone has a problem with you doing a little venting. But littering this forum with your countless rants is beyond tolerable. In fact it's bordering on spam.

Last edited by devnull; 09-02-2010 at 07:36 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #17
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Or you got it wet some other way. Sweaty pockets, foggy shower rooms and so forth have been reported to cause moisture damage symptoms..... But I too have never come across sweat dripping into the device from the user's ear.

The fact remains, however, that if the device shows evidence of water damage, it is your fault, not the device's or the manufacturer's or the seller's.

Find a device that works for you.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #18
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930

Quote:
my issue is not entirely with verizon. i assume people from Blackberry read these forum discussions. they should be aware that their customer support people are not very effective. tour users should also be aware that they may get into trouble if they are hot and chose to use their tour without an ear piece. this is not a rant...it is a legit post that brings up a legit concern.
What in the world would make you think that anyone from RIM reads these forum discussions?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #19
NumNums

Model: Z10
PIN: 2671618F
Carrier: Bell Mobility

At least you are not being told that you are holding it in your hand the wrong way
Old 09-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #20
notsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
What in the world would make you think that anyone from RIM reads these forum discussions?
dude...its what i do...social marketeers gauge their customers experience by reading forums like this!!! actually...since RIM doesnt seem to care that i had a bad experience, my guess is you are correct...they dont read customer discussion forums.

as for SPAM...lol...really. Is this discussion forum only for discussion topics that YOU accept? like i said, i was hoping to find someone that had a similar experience...clearly i am not going to find the special someone...so i am out 500 bucks...and 2 dollars for a rag.
Closed Thread