Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
CakedivaBlaine

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Calling 911 Blackberry Tour

Please Login to Remove!

I just recently had to have my Tour replaced because the Technical help at Verizon and Blackberry could figure out what happened. Apparently I call 911 due to an extreme emergency that I had Friday evening, well after placing the call it got locked into emergency mode and they tried for 3 hours to figure it out. Needless to say they never could figure it out so they replaced my Tour with a brand new Tour because I refused to let them give me a refurbished phone. Considering my phone was less that 6 weeks old. Does anyone know what happened? They said that I had them stumped. Feedback is definitely welcomed in this case.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakedivaBlaine View Post
I just recently had to have my Tour replaced because the Technical help at Verizon and Blackberry could figure out what happened. Apparently I call 911 due to an extreme emergency that I had Friday evening, well after placing the call it got locked into emergency mode and they tried for 3 hours to figure it out. Needless to say they never could figure it out so they replaced my Tour with a brand new Tour because I refused to let them give me a refurbished phone. Considering my phone was less that 6 weeks old. Does anyone know what happened? They said that I had them stumped. Feedback is definitely welcomed in this case.
First of all, the verizon reps would have been the last people I would have asked about this. They don't know squat and I don't mean to be mean but I'm being real. But anyways.....its called "Emergency Call Back Mode" and basically it locks up that way so the only call coming through is from 911 operators just incase they need to call u back. It also gives u priority in the towers as far as reception in an emergency situation, and gives the 911 operators your GPS coordinates of where u are located...according to the Blackberru website, it is set to last for 5 minutes but can differ by carrier on how long your phone will stay on that mode. Usually the phone gets out of that mode when you dial a phone number. I'm curious to know but how long before you went to the verizon store did u wait for it to get out of "emergency call back" mode? (By the way, battery pulls and reloading OS won't do anything. Its all in the network)

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!

Last edited by xxDruMMer BoYxx; 09-01-2009 at 02:53 AM..
Old 09-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Sydman
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Yeah I work in 911 call center and we get people calling us all the time saying they are locked in that mode. If you restart the phone it takes you out of the "911 mode".
Old 09-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
Sydman
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDruMMer BoYxx View Post
basically it locks up that way so the only call coming through is from 911 operators just incase they need to call u back. It also gives u priority in the towers as far as reception in an emergency situation, and gives the 911 operators your GPS coordinates of where u are located
True to a point. Crappy part is your phone does not know the number that comes out when we call you back. Its just a basic number that reads out whenever anyone in the city calls. So your phone will block us too. GPS yeah we get that from any of what they call phase2 wireless caller whether or not they are in 911 mode. If you don't have phase2 it will give us the address of the cell tower you are bouncing off of.