Old 07-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
kleake
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: USCellular
Default Audio drops with background noise

Please Login to Remove!

I use mine as a GPS and mp3 player while riding my motorcycle. I just switched to the curve from a Nokia so i'm still learning. This issue I have is while listening to mp3's through the ear buds that came with it, as I start going down the highway the audio will drop completely, then come back. I thought it might be vibration, but I have eliminated that. All I can figure is there is enough background wind noise that is effecting something and causing the audio to drop for a few seconds. It's so bad, that above 60, I might as well not even have it on. At about 30 or so, it only does it once in a while, but it's a huge pain. I plan to use it while mowing as well, and can see that not happening either. Any ideas?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
kerph32
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Does it happen with a different set of headphones?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
kleake

I don't have another set of headphones to try, but I did get a little more info on my last test ride. What it does is switch to the speaker instead of headset. I can see the volume in the media player change presets and a couple of times I could hear it playing from the handset although with my helmet on going down the road it was difficult to hear.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Is this possibly part of the Blackberry noise cancelling system at work!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
kleake

Ok, tried standard ear buds without a mic and they work perfect. I don't know about the noise cancelling,,,, can you fill me in? Somewhere in the menus I saw a place for an auto volume or somethingrather. It was disabled, but now I can't seem to find it in the menu.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S

The only thing about using a standard headset is that I don't know if you can answer a call easily if one happens to come in while you are listening to your music since the ones with the mic will mute the music when a call comes through. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong since I've never used a standard headset on my BB.

Or maybe you can, but you'd have to unplug the headet which wouldn't be too convenient while riding...or mowing.

Last edited by PCgirl; 07-03-2008 at 09:06 PM..
Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #7
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleake View Post
Ok, tried standard ear buds without a mic and they work perfect. I don't know about the noise cancelling,,,, can you fill me in? Somewhere in the menus I saw a place for an auto volume or somethingrather. It was disabled, but now I can't seem to find it in the menu.

Hmm. I don't know about auto volume but the default call volume can be found while in phone mode/screen when you hit menu --> options --> default call volume. There you can choose 100%, 75%, whatever, or choose "previous" level.

Last edited by PCgirl; 07-03-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #8
kleake

Found it, goto phone mode/screen when you hit menu --> options --> enhanced audio --> auto volume control. And I "should" be able to answer using the button as phone mode should override music right? I've got more playing to do today.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
kleake

Ok, I have found a combination that "somewhat" works. I have tried several sets of earbuds, but the only one that works "decent" is my Planetronics with an adaper from "Bodyglove". It still cuts out at times, but not nearly as much. I have tried 5 sets of ear buds, while riding 2 different motorcycles. It's definitely not volume related because it does it on my semi-loud shadow, and my dads quiet Goldwing, and it will do it at 30mph as well as 70mph. I am guessing it has something to do with the internal resistor in the mic or maybe interferance from the motorcycle engine. Any ideas how to solve this wierd issue?
Closed Thread