CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att
Default Re: 9900 Delayed.... again

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiego-uk View Post
Ppl often forget stuff.
I agree with you, RIM will probably hit high when QNX plataform get introduced to their smartphones.
The only problem is how long it will take....
That's the bi*ch isn't it. How many BB users will bail because of the delays?
Old 07-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #22
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinda35 View Post
That's the bi*ch isn't it. How many BB users will bail because of the delays?
I agree partially. I don't think customers will ever bail RIM. Fact is that ppl will stick with whatever please them most. If RIM is doing their market by their mouth soon ppl will move on and when they bring their devices It could possibly be too late for them.
Im happy with my bold, its still a pretty good device even though being old it does most of my needs which dont really put me off of it but as a consumer, we are always looking for the top high end products so lets say I could be happier.
Im no fan of any particular brand and havent changed mobile yet cause I love BB keyboard and unfortunately am waiting for a better device to come up, not on RIM but any device.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #23
OzzieDog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I sure hope it doesnt follow what happened to Palm, it was also a touch screen and full keyboard. I wonder how many of that combination are still around? Why doesnt RIM just have the Storm with its touch screen and the 9900 with regular screen and full keyboard like the 9000? And a better OS. I like mine little on the old side but so far so good. My two cents only.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #24
smoothadmin

Model: 9860
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiego-uk View Post
Ppl often forget stuff.
I agree with you, RIM will probably hit high when QNX plataform get introduced to their smartphones.
The only problem is how long it will take....
Well in the world of business "time is money" and RIM doesn't have a lot of neither to be wasting away while Apple and Android take bigger pieces out of their market share.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:20 AM   #25
BCCaper
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9790
Carrier: Rogers

I hope that this one will be released with most (preferably all) of the bugs worked out. I've only had an 8130 and using a 9300 now so I want to get good quality blackberry finally. I'm really looking forward to this device. I want to get rid of my current BB asap, I hope the delay isn't for much longer and we hear an official release date soon.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #26
gurvir19
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

people wont bail on them. I had a BB and then went to android for a year. I currently have the galaxy S2 and also using the new 9900. Even though the hardware should have been release last year the functionality for email is not the same as iphone/android.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #27
Bacchus15
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Note3

To think that the only reason i dont have a torch was because of a rumor of a certain BB codenamed "Dakota"...hate the wait! Wont bail, but still...
Old 07-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #28
dulcamara

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

I don't read BBForums nearly as much as I used to. There's nothing new either here or at RIM.

I hope RIM releases the 9900 before I die.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #29
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Ummmm -ya sure. RIM will go the route of Palm shortly...

Get a grip.

RIM is here for a very long time to come.

They are cash rich and have an excellent product/platform. They will eventually get more in touch with their audience and become the top dog once again.

Have you forgotten what happened to Apple in the late 90's and how they were bailed out by Microsoft? They almost died...and now today...look where they are, or were you not not paying attention back then?
You seem to misplace or ignore a LOT of FACTS!

1. Completely different industry: Apple was completely into PC, Desktop Publishing, Education, and Music market. It wasn't considering phones then.
2. Apple had and still has a PLETHORA of HUGE patents and innovated developers and hardware design team; always had. You remember the TAM right? It had an LCD for a desktop 10yrs before ANY of the competition.
3. Apple had its founding CEO return after being kicked out - the SOLE reason why Gates made the decision to invest NON-voting shares for 5yrs HOLD; it sure helped that Microsoft was under 27 US State Monolopy/Anti-Trust court case and HEAVILY threatened to be broken up into 2+ company's and it was VERY close to getting there in less than 12mths time at the point of investment. Jobs had been showered, kicked to the curb and almost completely broke & in debt ... BUT he recruited an incredibly talented team at NeXT learned from scratch while the Desktop Workstation market began to take hold.
4. Apple's CORE Mac OS X is the basis for their smartphone with HUGE patents for Accessibility - they LEAD in this space; despite what you may think with Windows and available hardware (brail, etc).
5. Apple had a HUGE tri-fector partnership for their core chipset: IBM+Motorola+Apple (Apple being more the design & ROM which eventually evolved).

IF RIM had to be registered as Bankrupt or purchased in 2yrs time at their going market (US/Worldwide) drop rate (revenue dropping too), and along with perceived lack of security importance (yes its not as important even for the largest USA national bank) - I'd say that RIM would NOT exist the same then as their core business today. I'd be willing to say that RIM would be Canada's next big Nortel Networks Patent sale.

I don't want RIM to loose and this 9900 is looking sweet everyday - but with a model like the NOC costing them so much to maintain along with all the crap they put up with governments with their OWN terrorist security issues/fears ... you gotta wonder how much more can they take?

On the positive I do think that this 9900 will debut quite well - almost as well received as the original Bold 9000 did if not more.

EDIT: One very important thing to note is that AutoText feature may no longer be unique to the BlackBerry ... "Shortcuts" is what its called in iOS5 Beta2.

Last edited by Jagga; 07-11-2011 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: AutoText is no longer unique
Closed Thread