BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #481
cms1249

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I have downloaded JL cmdr and have it installed on my vista...When I open it I get to the screen that wants to know "Which JavaLoader command do you want to use" And when I choose 6 I get this message on my note pad: "'JAVALOADER' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have changed the program to admin and also changed the target to "C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JL_Cmder.cmd"

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Please can someone help me.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #482
timbarth

Model: 8100
Carrier: at&t

i found this program very usfull to reset my 8100 to factery setings and it delted the it.. SWEET! thanks guys
Old 06-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #483
timbarth

Model: 8100
Carrier: at&t

i found this program very usfull to reset my 8100 to factery setings and it delted the it.. SWEET! thanks guys
Old 07-15-2009, 02:47 AM   #484
gdinn

Model: 7250
Carrier: boostmobile

I downloaded JL_Cmder and tried to install it, but for some reason the program isnt installed. A cmd screen pops open then is gone. When i try to double click the shortcut it says "cannot find JL_Cmder.cmd in c:\program files\jl_cmder\JL_cmder.cmd" What do you think the issue is?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 AM   #485
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

What OS are you using on your PC, if Vista, try right click and run as admin.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #486
smarlayne

Model: 8120
Carrier: rogers

Hi Doug,
I am going crazy trying to remove the firewall on my used bberry I bought. I downloaded your program, and keep getting an error message: c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose 'close' to terminate this application.

Can you offer any help? I've searched for this autoexec file to no avail....
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #487
xp4nd3r

Model: 8900
Carrier: Telkomsel

hi doug, after i've done with JL_cmder wipe, will the phone lock the sim card...because i'm using Tmo unlock version now.

thx
Old 07-21-2009, 07:50 AM   #488
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

No, the device cannot be locked again once unlocked.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 07-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #489
imasri01

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

i too downloaded the JL_Cmder but it does nothing when i try to install it??

this is so fgrustrating as i cannot return my 8330 to factory or to wipe it because the kayboard is randomly not working. didnt drop it in water or anything, just totally random stopped working... is there another way to do a wipe or how can i get jelp installing this?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:49 AM   #490
ligjuk1

Model: 9500
Carrier: tmob

thanks, my 9500 works now fine with tmob and BES
Old 07-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #491
saladinfirdaus

Model: 8310
Carrier: xl
Default I Can't install os 4.5

I just wipe my BB with jl_cmdr, then i start to install my new version os 4.5 but it always close with warning unexplained fatal error. please help me!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:20 PM   #492
gng007

Carrier: t-mobile
Default JL-Cmder doesn't seem to be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher View Post
Uploaded a new version of JL_Cmder. The primary change is the addition of an uninstall option (see thumbnail above). An empty directory is left behind at %ProgramFiles%\JL_Cmder.

Doug
I downloaded the JL_Cmder, it was automatically put as an icon on my desktop. I right clicked on the icon, clicked "run as administrator", and it then appeared to do something . . . . not really sure. I saw a black box pop up and disappear in about 0.1 seconds. Nothing happend after that. Any help?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #493
gng007

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdinn View Post
I downloaded JL_Cmder and tried to install it, but for some reason the program isnt installed. A cmd screen pops open then is gone. When i try to double click the shortcut it says "cannot find JL_Cmder.cmd in c:\program files\jl_cmder\JL_cmder.cmd" What do you think the issue is?

Thanks
I think your program MAY have installed. When I installed it, a Jl_Cmder icon was put on my desktop. However, when I right click on that icon and "run as administrator" a black box pops up for like 0.1 seconds (maybe 0.2 sec, hardy har har) and then disappears.

Does anybody know why it would do this? The program doesn't seem to run on my pc. I don't have any antivirus running, i'm using Vista . . . no idea what the problem is.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #494
rmlewisjr

Model: 9300
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gng007 View Post
I think your program MAY have installed. When I installed it, a Jl_Cmder icon was put on my desktop. However, when I right click on that icon and "run as administrator" a black box pops up for like 0.1 seconds (maybe 0.2 sec, hardy har har) and then disappears.

Does anybody know why it would do this? The program doesn't seem to run on my pc. I don't have any antivirus running, i'm using Vista . . . no idea what the problem is.
Running vista the program installs in the ..\Program Files (x86)\.. directory. The shortcut may point to the ..\Program Files\.. directory.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #495
ericwg

Model: 9000
Lightbulb Same thing happened to me...here's what I did afterwards which worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by gng007 View Post

I had the exact same thing happen to me the first time I installed/ran JL_Cmder. BTW, I am a Vista user as well. Just to be clear, this is the process I followed the first time, which produced the same result you guys saw...

1.) DL'd JL_Cmder zip file...saved it to a temp_download folder
2.) Double clicked the .zip file, which Vista calls a "Compressed (zipped) Folder"
3.) This created a sub-folder with a "JL_Cmder" file in it, file type: "Application"
4.) I double clicked this, assuming it would start the install. I believe I got the typical Vista "are you really sure you want to do this" window...clicked continue...but basically this is the first time where I saw the same thing you guys did...a window popped up for a split second, then disappeared. At this point, a JL_Cmder icon appeared on my Desktop, file type : ".cmd". This led me to believe that the install completed successfully.
NOTE: Up until this point, all of the "JL_CMder" icons were...what's the right word...generic? Plain? Meaning, they have the default basic windows avatar...not what I typically expect from a program that's installed correctly.
5.) I first tried right-clicking the JL_Cmder icon on my Desktop and selected "Run as administrator"...as was suggested in the original instructions...this produced the same result observed in #4, a window popped up for a split second, then disappeared. Most importantly, no JL_Cmder program.
6.) I even tried just double-clicking the JL_Cmder icon on my Desktop, but this failed to do anything either.

Since this didn't work, I decided to run thru the install process again, trying something a little bit different this time. Here's what I did...

1.) I deleted the "Application" file that was created when I originally double clicked the JL_Cmder zip file.
2.) I created a new folder/directory on my c:/ drive titled "JL_Cmder".
3.) Double-clicking the JL_Cmder zip file from before apparantly emptied it out...because it was no longer the right size and didn't contain any files anymore. Soooo, I downloaded the JL_Cmder.zip file again from the forum, this time saving it in the newly created "JL_Cmder" directory (step #2).
4.) Rather than double-clicking the JL_Cmder.zip file as I did before, this time I right-clicked on it and selected "Extract All". This brought up another window which asks you to select the directory you wish to extract the files to. I selected the JL_Cmder directory I created in step #2 then clicked "Extract".
5.) This produced another JL_Cmder file (file type: "application") in the JL_Cmder directory, however, this time it had a black "tool" themed icon, rather than the default (generic) Windows icon I got the first time.
6.) I double clicked it and this launched another "are you really sure you wanna do this" Vista window. After clicking continue this time, I got a typical program installation window, something I didn't see the first time.
7.) After the installation was complete (FYI: VERY fast), the JL_Cmder icon on my Desktop, now had the same black "tool" theme, as mentioned in step #5. Again, this was different than the default (generic) Windows icon I got the first time.
8.) I right-clicked the JL_Cmder icon on my Desktop, selected "Run as administrator", and BAM...success! The utility popped up in a new window...showing the welcome screen seen at the beginning of this thread.

It might be important, so I will mention that before I started any of this, I already had my BOLD (OS 4.6.0.167) connected to my PC...and Desktop Manager.

Sorry for the long post...but hopefully this works for some of you that are experiencing this problem.

-Eric
Old 08-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #496
ericwg

Model: 9000
Thumbs up Thanks!!!

Just wanted to take a second to say thank you very much to Doug and anyone else that may have helped to develop the JL_Cmder utility. It did exactly what I wanted, thus saving me a lot of time and certain frustration. I really appreciate all the time and energy you must have put into this. Keep up the great work!!!

Take Care,
Eric
Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #497
Bacchus15
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Note3
Carrier: Rogers

well for me no go, install goes well and everything exept i must right-click on C:\Program Files (x86)\JL_Cmder\JL_Cmder.cmd and run as admin then it works (as per the FAQ) but the windows open, make my choices and it loop back to the first screen.

in the FAQ it says: "This may take several attempts to connect to the device, so keep trying until it connects and wipes"

just how many times it will take?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #498
evilkoala

Model: 9530

Can anyone tell me what this does on the BES side? If I use it to erase my IT policy, install applications, and then connect back to my BES (where the IT policy will load itself again) - will the BES flag an admin that the IT policy was tampered with?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #499
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

The policy will come right back when you reconnexct to the BES. You can't get around the policy if connected to the BES.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #500
evilkoala

Model: 9530
Default Another question

But does it tell the BES admin that the IT policy was compromised or anything that will flag by BES account? I'm glad it restores the IT policy when I reconnect, I just want to minimize any warnings that will show up on their end...