Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
PIN: a colada
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo6 View Post
i thought the iPhone is 3G.
Nope, its edge. That's why AT&T tweaked their network. I was wondering why they didnt use the 3g myself.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #22
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

No video recording, no voice dialing, no video phone calls, no flash, no 3G, no removable battery, no MP3 ringtones, NO THANKS!

Old 06-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #23
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

software update, software update, EDGE certainly not fast enough for that, no flash is a good one though, no 3G because of battery drain on chipset, different OS so might not be a need for battery pull (you can kill apps that freeze and do resets), ringtone wil of course be sold through iTunes, im not buying either but do think it will do well.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #24
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin View Post
No video recording, no voice dialing, no video phone calls, no flash, no 3G, no removable battery, no MP3 ringtones, NO THANKS!
out of what you just listed the black berry only has

removable battery
voice dialing

your expecting alot out of a device that is not yet offerd for blackberry why?
does this mean your BB is not a good device?

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 06-29-2007, 06:58 PM   #25
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Steve Jobs says in a WSJ interview that 3G support required a drain on battery life and a larger physical chipset that was harder to incorporate into the device's form factor. It's not out for future models, just not in 1.0

Battery pulls aren't necessary for most devices. The iPods you can hard reset with a key combo and I expect the iPhone to be the same.

Software updates are done through iTunes not over the air. But then software updates on the Blackberry are done via the desktop manager. At least iTunes runs on both mac and windows.

Apple does all the support. Extended warranties are through Apple as well (if they're immediately available, I haven't heard yet). So that means if your phone dies and you have to send it in, then yes, three days without. Altho, Apple is rumored to have special AppleCare loaner phones for special circumstances or DOA iPhones. Generally with AppleCare repairs they send you a box overnight, you send the device back in that prepaid overnight box, they fix it same day and over night it back to you. So three-day turnaround.

According to the leaked screenshots iPhone has built-in Exchange support over ActiveSync. I hope they find a way to do BES support in the near future.

The keyboard is an unknown vector, of course. Their promo video shows that they've done a lot with the intelligent design of it. Might be good. might suck.

Voice dialing is the first thing I turn off, so I hope they never incorporate that. As far as MP3 ring tones.... are you sure about that? It can obviously play music (as an iPod) so the use of music as ringers isn't a far stretch.

What kills it for me is AT&T only and no IM. I've grown very dependent on my JiveTalk.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #26
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME

They will have MP3 rintones but they have to be purchased through itunes for 99 Cents. Most of the world is use to paying for ringtones so that wont hurt them much. I also turn voice dialing off its annoying i thought i was the only person that did that.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 06-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #27
No Longer Registered.

This what I know about getting an iPhone:

1. You can't activate it at the store. You need to logon into your iTunes and sign in and activate.

2. They just basically give a sealed box and if you open it and decide to not use it or even touch it, returning it to the store would cost you restocking fees.

3. The iTunes feature of the iPhone would not work unless you have a data plan. If you decide to keep the phone without any data plan or contract, it is basically a very expensive white Brick.

This information I got from a friend of mine who works with AT&T

Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #28
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesecatt View Post
This what I know about getting an iPhone:

1. You can't activate it at the store. You need to logon into your iTunes and sign in and activate.

2. They just basically give a sealed box and if you open it and decide to not use it or even touch it, returning it to the store would cost you restocking fees.

3. The iTunes feature of the iPhone would not work unless you have a data plan. If you decide to keep the phone without any data plan or contract, it is basically a very expensive white Brick.

This information I got from a friend of mine who works with AT&T
wow thats pretty interesting to say the least.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #29
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

1 and 2 are definitely true but there is nothing in the training manual that says anything about 3. I cant imaging it would not work at all but it is possible.

if curious Boy Genius has the training manual on his site that explains all the rules clearly.

also iTunes will create ringtone from songs you own also

Last edited by test54; 06-29-2007 at 09:34 PM..
Old 06-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #30
No Longer Registered.

I was watching the news this morning on KTLA and the cyberguy was interviewing one of the customers waiting patiently outside. He was asked why he is getting the iPhone and his reply was because it is a cool phone.

I think that was pretty dumb answer.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #31
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
I was watching the news this morning on KTLA and the cyberguy was interviewing one of the customers waiting patiently outside. He was asked why he is getting the iPhone and his reply was because it is a cool phone.

I think that was pretty dumb answer.
but thats exactly why most will buy it for that reason alone.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #32
No Longer Registered.

More facts:

14 day return policy for iPhone

All out of box failures are handled by Apple.. no in-store replacement (good luck on this )

To get contacts from another device they have to buy a special flash drive to load them on then transfer to iPhone .. for $15.00, not bad for a flash drive

Customers have 45 days to activate through iTunes

Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #33
No Longer Registered.

Dawg, if I want to be cool and have the money to spare? I'd buy myself a 2007 Maserati Quattroporte

Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #34
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Dawg, if I want to be cool and have the money to spare? I'd buy myself a 2007 Maserati Quattroporte
nah, you'd be cool without any of that.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #35
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
nah, you'd be cool without any of that.
Thanks JS

I think if didn't know BlackBerry, I would go with iPhone and toss it after a a month or less. This mobile device is more for entertainment than business. I can't imagine myself replying to emails like I do with my BlackBerry. With my fat digits and all, too hard to be cool when on the side I probably am swearing co'z I am typing 2 characters at a time. That is worse than seeing a hot sexy lady all dolled up and spitting on the gutter NOT COOL.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:01 AM   #36
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

even the NOKIA N9 and N98 have more mutimedi features than the iphon an can atleast transfr numbers from sims. the fact tha you can"t cstomize it to you have to buy a flashfrive to port contacts form a device Isn't that the reson SIM cards are used? so bad
Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #37
King-B
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23F8E72F
Carrier: SunCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
even the NOKIA N9 and N98 have more mutimedi features than the iphon an can atleast transfr numbers from sims. the fact tha you can"t cstomize it to you have to buy a flashfrive to port contacts form a device Isn't that the reson SIM cards are used? so bad
1. Spelling.
2. Spelling..
3. Spelling...

4. I agree that nokia n-series are far more superior. I'm confused by your sim card statement though. The iphone has a sim card slot on the top. And as far as people complaining about porting their non AT&T number to their iphone....well thats always been a problem for years now. Apple is just stupid for making it seem like it was so easy to do.

LOL....I was just sh*ting you on the spelling. I know how much you hate that.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #38
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Nokia cean esily blow apple out of the water. No you can put the sim in but th phone will not read the numbers off of the sim into the adress book. And your right about apply tying to make it look easy. Nothing killed a bad prduct more than good advertising.
Closed Thread