Old 10-31-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
ateganda29
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default which version of desktop manager for 8310 titanium with at&t

Please Login to Remove!

hello guys! i just got my first blackberry. i bought a branded at&t 8310 titanium. i haven't downloaded onto my pc the desktop manager software that came with the phone. i was just wondering, because i've read in other threads that there are other versions of the desktop manager, which version i need for my 8310? do i need to download the software that came with the phone and then upgrade to a different version? or should i download the updated version to begin with instead of upgrading? sorry for the noob question. i'm new to the world of blackberries!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

There haven't been any new releases of the Desktop Manager software in quite some time. I'm sure the version on the CD is probably the latest. But you can also get the latest here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry - Sys Req V4-2 Pack 2
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
ateganda29

Model: 9800

how will i know which version of desktop manager software came in the box of the phone? i just looked at the cd and it's not specified on the label. i just checked the link you gave me. it looks like the v4.2 does not support windows vista (i'm running vista) and there have been SP1 and SP2 since then. both SPs support windows vista. so how will i know if the software that came in the box is either SP1 or SP2? is there any way to find out before actually installing the software? thanks!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
meth0dz

Model: 8300

You should have the version 4.2 SP2 on your disc. But if you still want to download just download. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what version of Desktop Manager you're using for whatever blackberry model. Only the OS would really matter in differences.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:21 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

You need SP2 for Vista. As stated twice (once by me and once by meth0dz) you most likely have the latest on the CD. However, if you're that worried about it, just download from the link I posted above and you're good to go.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
ss0R
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

I recently purchased an 8310 from AT&T as well. (BES) My company set me up with it and installed Desktop Manager for me. The version I have installed is 4.2.0.10 (July 26 2006). It also says Policy Set: <my company's name>

So here's my question. I want to upgrade to the latest OS version, but the instructions in the stickied thread say to install the latest version of desktop manager. If I install that version, will it effect my BES performance at all? Will I lose the firm policy settings or anything? Can I perform the upgrade with my current version of DM?

Thanks
Closed Thread