BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #61
stevesreed

Model: 7290

Please Login to Remove!

BBlight is working great, but I was wondering if anyone know how to make it use the "brighter" setting of the light on the 7290? Currently only the dim light comes on, and you have to press the power button to get the brighter ligh to activate...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #62
spblat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo
Default BBToday

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaldez
Wish I could get BBtoday weather to work at all. Every time I try to change the location ID it always goes back to some place in Texas! Not that TX is a bad state, it just isn't where I am right now...
1) Me too. I have tried "City, State" and a couple different zip codes. Each time I just get "The Woodlands, Texas".

2) I can't change the stock symbols. As soon as I make a change to the symbols, they revert back to the defaults. Am I missing something?

3) Is there a clever and fast way to switch instantly to the BBToday screen? I guess Alt-Esc (or sometimes just Esc) will do, but it might be nice to have an option to default to BBtoday when I hit the end-call button (with a second press to get to the home screen).
Old 05-20-2005, 12:21 AM   #63
mrrippey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t
Default bbreply use

BBReply, maybe I am doing something very wrong but when I want to send an email, I have no option to select which reply to address to use. I have set 2 addresses in BBreply but in messages I do not see anything. what am I doing wrong?

using bwc on t-mobile..

rippey

Last edited by mrrippey; 05-20-2005 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: added more information
Old 05-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #64
7100simpleisbetter

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrippey
BBReply, maybe I am doing something very wrong but when I want to send an email, I have no option to select which reply to address to use. I have set 2 addresses in BBreply but in messages I do not see anything. what am I doing wrong?

using bwc on t-mobile..

rippey
From experience, you have to reboot (full reboot which means remove battery and replace in 7100t) for the menu option to show up in your email scroll menu. You should then see a ReplyTo: option and it will ask which one after that if you have set multiple.

7100sib
Old 05-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #65
barstow

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Default BBToday and logo screen

I have the 7520 an installed BBToday several times, and everytime it resets all I can see is the Nextel logo screen. I can try to power off and it ill show me the main screen behind the "Pres any key to abort" but as soon as I push a key to abort the shut off it goes right back to the Nextel logo. I can also use the task switcher buttons to bring up the tasks list but it still goes right back to the nextel logo. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I will have to uninstall this app until I can get this issue resolved. From what I did see of it, it works great. I like what I saw briefly until the next restart. and I even had all the functions working.

I hope someone has an answer for my problem.

Thanks
Barstow

Update: I finally got it working but I have no idea how. Hopefully it willcontinue to work.

Last edited by barstow; 05-21-2005 at 01:22 PM..
Old 05-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #66
adunphy

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by occitan
Many thanks for providing these utilities, I've installed BBToday on my new Blackberry 7100v and I find it very useful indeed.

However, I have not managed to get the Weather module to work. I do not use a BES, but connect directly - is that called WAP Transport ? My assumption is that this means I should select Disable MDS Proxy, as if I understand correctly, MDS is a feature of BES.

My GPRS ADN is correctly set to wapsfr, as per my Services entry, however although my browser works fine, the weather module fails with Bad DNS Address, and Malformed Address. Returning Null.

I see in a number of places info about configuring WAP transport for java apps :-

http://www.reqwireless.com/support_bb_wap.html
http://www.simprit.com/miniexcel/support_faq_bb.html

However, I don;t see a way of configuring that in BBweather. Is there a way to get BBweather to work with WAP transport users ?

Cheers
Have you resolved your "Bad DNS Address" when using BBWeather? I am having the same problem.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #67
jontvr

I'm unable to install BBToday 1.5 due to invalid or expired digital signatures. The message is displayed after going through the Application Loader.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #68
jontvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontvr
I'm unable to install BBToday 1.5 due to invalid or expired digital signatures. The message is displayed after going through the Application Loader.
Nevermind - I learned about BES policies today - feel free to delete these posts. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:59 PM   #69
voami

Model: 7750
Question 7750/verizon with 4.0 -- No "Options | TCP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by csquare
Sorry to be such a pain about this topic.. On the 7750, there is no TCP-IP configuration.

Chris
Has anyone any answers regarding this? My thinking is going:
  • Is this specific to the Verizon release of 4 for the 7750, or could I attempt another vendor's release?
  • Is there another way around this?

The specific situation is trying to run an app (bbtoday) that needs a service book entry for IPPP (not the BIBS that is installed).
Old 05-24-2005, 02:56 PM   #70
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Some good new info...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniet
I wanted to let everyone know we have setup OTA for BBLight, BBCorrector, BBToday, & BBWeather. We are also setup a feature request section to get ideas on what to improve with the different tools. Please log all bugs you find at the SourceForge site also so we can track them.

You should download from the SourceForge site to get the very latest version. Below is the web site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackberrytools/

For OTA you can go here:

http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/

We are also looking for programmers to work on the project. We also need someone that would like to sign releases of the BBTools. Please PM me if you are interested in either.

Thanks,

Vinnie
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 05-24-2005, 05:41 PM   #71
bbTodd

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default Public BBCorrector Servers?

I'm surprised no one has volunteered to host a public BBCorrector Server. Anyone interested?

One word of caution: anyone who uses a public BBCorrector Server is likely to expose confidential information via the spell checking. I suspect it passes quite a bit of text in the order it's written to the server. This means that someone (e.g., the server administrator) could log the HTTP traffic for spell checking and recreate emails, addresses, etc.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:38 AM   #72
gren2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: bell

Which one of these utilities work with a bell blackberry? I had a problem with the weather one.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #73
heavyio

Model: 7100T

I can't get my bbtoday to work I tried my UID and PW in the APN allong with

this as my string

+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com","",0,0

I do not have any fire walls enabled. I have 4.0 loaded my do not need DNS server enabled. I use my 7100t for internet connection with my laptop. I love that hack... Thanks to all who helped with that.

I get ether no tunnel if I enable it's own fw if I disable it I get the IPPP error.

Is there a STEP-BY-STEP setup for it. I am on tmobile in Texas. 7100t with 4.0 no BES.

thanks all

heavy
Old 05-29-2005, 08:28 AM   #74
Nice

Model: 8230
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spblat
1) Me too. I have tried "City, State" and a couple different zip codes. Each time I just get "The Woodlands, Texas".

2) I can't change the stock symbols. As soon as I make a change to the symbols, they revert back to the defaults. Am I missing something?

3) Is there a clever and fast way to switch instantly to the BBToday screen? I guess Alt-Esc (or sometimes just Esc) will do, but it might be nice to have an option to default to BBtoday when I hit the end-call button (with a second press to get to the home screen).
had same problems as well.. I put in weather location ID or zip code, neither of them stay saved. down with Woodlands, TX!

then I got it to save my location. I believe what I did differently was to enter my location ID then click the wheel then choose Save as opposed to hitting Back and letting it ask me if I wanted to save. gotta be proactive I guess!

Last edited by Nice; 05-29-2005 at 08:39 AM..
Old 06-02-2005, 01:25 PM   #75
danlan

Default BBCorrector

Hello,

What do I put for the BBCorrector Server URL, Username and Password?

Thank you
Old 06-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #76
vinniet

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlan
Hello,

What do I put for the BBCorrector Server URL, Username and Password?

Thank you
Currently there are no public spell servers (that I know of). You would have to create one or look around to see if anyone has made one. I have created several of them and it is easy.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #77
freak4kryst

Model: 7520

I keep reading that the BBToday program will "override" your home screen but this doesnt seem to be happening. I have to launch this program every time i want to see it. I dont see anything in prefs or options to correct this. i'm using v. 1.5. is this something new in this version? i would rather have my BB default to this screen than to have to launch it every time.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #78
Lord_ZealoN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 205CB46C
Carrier: Movistar

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 7100v: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I can't see the ota link from my blackberry

TodoBlackBerry.com: Your spanish community about BlackBerry I'm BB-Online again
Old 06-12-2005, 09:11 AM   #79
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Type the whole OTA link into your BlackBerry Browser -- may need to check what the web address is from a PC, then type it directly.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 06-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #80
Lord_ZealoN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 205CB46C
Carrier: Movistar

But the problem is, thath from my BB i dont see any link.

I only see this.

Quote:
Enter this webadress into your blackberry for wireless over-the-air downloads.
<Here may be the link, and i don't see nothing>
Or if you prefer.......

TodoBlackBerry.com: Your spanish community about BlackBerry I'm BB-Online again