kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW
Talking

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
Eh that has changed mostly now. It has ALL of the same phone features of other devices and doesnt sacrafice for the email features. Those that say the phone sucks are still using it, and I am willing to bet you put them in something else they are going to hate it more.
I usually agree with you Sith, but I would just want to make a small point. Yes, the BB has pretty much all of the same features of other devices, but I wouldn't say it's execution on each of those functions is equal. I hate to make the comparison, but here it goes....If you think of the features as either fun or functional, I would say the iPhone wins on the fun stuff where the blackberry wins on the functional. Web browsing on the iPhone is much closer to a full desktop web experience compared to the BB and the music player on the iPhone is one of the best in the mobile industry. The phone, contacts, calendar and email on the BB win. This is, of course, just one BB user's opinion and while I would like to say everyone in need of a mobile device should get a BB, I don't think a BB fits everyone perfectly. There just are some users that would have a better mobile experience with the iPhone. Of course, I'm not friends with any of those iPhone weirdos, but I won't deny it does have it's place. As for WMD, they all suck.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #22
lilryan

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

i have owned many, many phones over the last few years including:

sony ericsson W800
sony ericsson k800
Nokia N80
various nokia candybars
motorola krzr (worst piece of **** on the market)
various samsung clamshells

all i can say is that after owning the blackberry curve for a little less than one month, it is the best device i have ever used period. even locked, it allows you to install 3rd party apps, themes and is fully customizable out of the box. the same is not so with many locked gsm phones. sound quality and speakerphone quality is nice and clear ( unlike most sony ericssons which have very low speaker volume ). i have always been partial to SE because of their easy text messaging and battery life, but the blackberry has equal (better?) battery life and much easier texting/typing. speed has always been an issue with nokia symbian phones, and the blackberry beats it out in that department also. it is much more user friendly than the symbian OS imo. it is probably the most complete device on the market at this moment.

also in my experience, those who say they do not like blackberries are, what u say, technically retarded, and probably would be better off with a go phone or the like.

thanks for reading!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #23
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Another reason to love the Blackberry...

No viruses. It's not vulnerable to viruses like the Symbian OS and Windows Mobile devices.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #24
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy` View Post
So... My main question why are you guys so loyal to the phone?
It works. It's reliable. It's durable. It might not have the latest and greatest whistles and bells but I don't waste all my time troubleshooting or resetting my BB.

It's that simple. If something more fully featured comes along that doesn't sacrifice reliability and durability for gee-whiz features then I'd certainly switch. 3 years and 6+ BB's later I have yet to see another viable option. Countless "Blackberry killers" have come and gone.

Last edited by takeshi; 05-02-2008 at 10:13 AM..
Old 05-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #25
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

x2^^^

it works well does what I need well

I don't need a full browser on my phone I prefer wap on the handheld
Old 05-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #26
Frank Castle

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

Interesting post and I don't have much more to add. I've been supporting Blackberry since 2000 and I see pretty much every new mobile device that comes out and always at the end come back to using a Blackberry. That being said a few people touched on something I always talk about when I meet with users on "which device should I get" .. there is no perfect device. Blackberry comes close and it depends on what your expected usage is.

I think the Iphone is a very cool device, the gui is leaps ahead what Palm / Windows Mobile has. But the core of it is not designed for business and it's more lifestyle driven. Same as the Pearl with Suretype .. I need a full keypad and love the feel of the one on the Curve.

Now having to administrate 2000+ of these devices I have to be able to manage a pletheora of things from a security / compliance side but I also campanion that we need to always keep functionality for the end user as if it doesn't work for them .. they just stop using it. I could go on and on about all the things Blackberry does right and for those reasons nothing else can top it yet. Iphone is likely close if Apple would give up some control and dump the Itunes activation process.

Mobility is still early in it's life and I enjoy the experience and new ways to extend business and personal "on the go.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #27
nchavez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: ATA
Carrier: T-Mobile

I agree with everything that been listed... I have been through many o' phones as well..

- Pretty much all sprint phones
- RZR, Sidekick 1, 2 & 3
- HTC Dash
- Iphone

It wasn't until I made my first purchase of a 8700 , that I realized just how great these Blackberrys are. I am a new recent owner of a Curve and I just can't see myself switching to any other phone on the market. The Iphone was kind of cool, but I missed my user interface with the Blackberry. I think with all the options that they provide in and outside of the phone itself, you can't compare it to anything else. That's my take...
Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #28
Frisco
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Alltel

I've just about always said, "This sux!" for about a week after getting my new phone, no matter what it was or how popular that particular model was.

Like many here I've had the Razr and many other cutting edge (at the time ) cellphones.

Blackberries are different, to me, because there is something really substantial about them. The Pearl 8130 and the Curves that my friends have just seem like.. well, I am having trouble finding a word, but "substantial" will have to do for now. My co-workers are impressed with mine (especially since I installed the iPhone 2 theme ), and my 14 year old daughter, with here "ACE," thinks my phone is "the best."

Me, too.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #29
blakeatl

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BlackBerry Kid View Post
nothing special? it most certainly is. i love mine!
I second that notion! Love mines with a passion!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #30
southern118

PIN: 243e5930
Carrier: cingular

i can say i had a pearl for about a year and half. and when it the ear speaker went out i was thinking of something else but couldnt do it. im a crackberry addict until something 10 times better comes out. the build quality and all and durabilty is great on them
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #31
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

I agree, I have 2 Pearls and love the slimmer size, very pocket-friendly, even in the leather holster
Old 05-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #32
jimmy`
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800

yeahh.. in total i saw at least 5 pearls at work ahaha makes me want mine so bad!#@O!#O!@K

i guess BBusers are really loyal to their phones!!
i really can't wait until i get mine

:]
Old 05-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #33
olly666
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

Make sure to let us know when your BB arrives, and your first impressions.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #34
jimmy`

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly666 View Post
Make sure to let us know when your BB arrives, and your first impressions.
ahha oh yes, it'll be the first thing i do, its within a day now... hopefully... **crosses fingers**

Old 05-05-2008, 02:36 AM   #35
Whoooooo-Kid
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

i love everything about me bb b/c of...

email
net
easy textin
its a pantie dropper with the lady's
and more..
Old 05-05-2008, 03:56 AM   #36
btushar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: 27E9A046
Carrier: Vodafone

I was using Nokia since last 8 years and got a new blackberry this feb only and in my opinion blackberry is the best.

I have Nokia's E90, E61i, 9300i, N93,6630, Motorkr (motorola), W830 (Sony) and all these sucks comparitively to blackberry curve (I am proud to be a owner of blackberry ) and more then proud it allows me to not to carry multiple devices like mobile for e-mail and PDA for other stuffs.

Now waiting for RIM 9000 (or whatevery its name).....

And those who say it sucks either they are not a member of these two forums (flackberryforums and crackberry) or they are really dumb that they can't use it properly.

Last edited by btushar; 05-05-2008 at 04:03 AM..
Old 05-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #37
jimmy`

whew... this is killing me it was supposed to be here YESTURDAY, but at least its coming today... can't wait will inform you when its here
Old 05-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #38
jimmy`

WOOOOO!! it's finally here.

Okay soo... I believe its charging right now, it had a dead battery
should I free the space up now? or wait until the battery is full? How long until it'll be full all the way? I'll hit you guys back up for new info after its done charging. I'm heading out to get it a case and screen protector... for now i'm going to play GTA4

Last edited by jimmy`; 05-07-2008 at 11:39 PM..
Old 07-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #39
bushako

PIN: 1,2 buckle my shoe
Carrier: etisalat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy` View Post
Quick question to all of you BB users. I'm still not officially a BB user(my phone was lost through UPS) but I'm still looking forward to owning one. I see many other random BB users can't just keep hoping for mine to come in the mail. I ask them how do they like their phone, all I really get is "This phone really sucks" , "It's not that great". Yet when I come on this website I get an entirely different response. So... My main question why are you guys so loyal to the phone? Is it the fact that you have so many different options torwards the phone and they don't know about it? Or just because the phone really isn't that awesome?

BTW.. I'm getting the pearl.. nothing special.
you know something...blackberry phones have something special now that perhaps no other phone has...blackberry simply means "im serious about business" it even makes a pimp look likes a serious business man,lol..no seriously because its been used by so many people for years now, mostly businessmen/women its well known that its reliable,durable and secure(since that what theyre mostlty after). And for instance with nokia,se or any other devices, you buy a new model and before you know it, its outdated and everybody is talking about the next thing..Its different with blackberry...i see people using the older bb and still satisfied, happy and proud to walk around with it.

Blackberry devices are some what prestigious like a bmw or a merk...and the best thing is that their value dont go down quickly like with nokia or se in dubai atleast it doesnt...

This is all based on my personal experience since ive owned almost 10-15 mobiles before including nokia, se and windows mobile...and currently im using a curve and damn proud and happy about it,lol...Need i say more?!
Closed Thread