BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:18 AM   #81
jpb39
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: SFR/Giffgaff
Default Cingular unlimited INTL data plan?

Please Login to Remove!

Since this thread has mutated into a Cingular/TMO tariff comparison, I wonder if anyone can comment on the cost and reliability of the unlimited international roaming option that Cingular offers. (There was a lengthy discussion of the TMO plan in an earlier thread.) When the 8800 is released, I am thinking of getting a US-based plan with an unlimited international option, even though I will be spending more time abroad than in the US.

JPB
Old 01-14-2007, 01:45 PM   #82
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb39
Since this thread has mutated into a Cingular/TMO tariff comparison, I wonder if anyone can comment on the cost and reliability of the unlimited international roaming option that Cingular offers. (There was a lengthy discussion of the TMO plan in an earlier thread.) When the 8800 is released, I am thinking of getting a US-based plan with an unlimited international option, even though I will be spending more time abroad than in the US.

JPB
With the Cingular BB option, there are no issues. the only thing is that you have to make sure that they do have GPRS roaming in the places that you need it. With T mobile there was a thread where some said that int'l roaming option does not include web browsing and I would check on that with T mobile (the thread is some where in the 8700 section) and if T mobile provides the same as Cingualr then you have to decide which provider serves you best at while at home aas over seas they will be the same.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #83
pritnert

Model: 8100
PIN: 23E8E707
Carrier: Cingular
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayPenguin
It says on my bill that i have the BBRYUNL ALL4(Eff02/03/07 ). Does anybody know what this means(the Eff02/03/07 part)? Also, When I check my data usage, I have unlimited data, and also unlimited text. Is this right? The weird thing is that it says $0.00 next to the BBRYUNL.

Added Features

Monthly Cost
Unlimited Shared $9.99
IMS APN Feature $0.00
BBRYUNL ALL4 (Eff02/03/07 ) $0.00

What is the Unlimited share?

Any insight appreciated and thanks in advance.
I just switched my data plan around as well because I just realized that my email address qualified for premier. So, the same thing was added to my account "BBRYUNL_ALL4(Eff02/03/07 )" except the date was 3/10/07. While it does say $0.00 next to it, I believe at some point it is supposed to update to $39.99 (if you wanted the 1000 txt msg along with your BIS unlimited data). The date refers to the point at which your promotion ends, which right now is unlimited txt msgs for one month. It probably also coincides with your monthly billing cylce. Your premier discount will reduce the $39.99 by whatever percentage your premier account allows, in my case 15%. This $39.99 price is after the $5 discount for having a voice plan. So, in my case I will pay $50.99 for 900 min./mo with rollover and $33.99 (with my 15% premier discount) for unlimited BIS data and 1000 txt msgs. However, until 3/10/07 I guess I get unlimited txt since they are running that promotion right now. I have no idea what unlimited share is...my guess is something to do with a family type plan, but I am just guessing. BTW, I am able to tether with the Pearl to my laptop with no additional charges. Hope that helps a little if you were still confused.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #84
GrayPenguin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23EAF79C
Carrier: Cingular

My bill just updated and so the BBRYUNL ALL4 is now $39.99 as expected. But, now when i look at the data I've used, there are 4 new categories. I was hoping that someone would know the difference because i can't tell what they mean.

Internet/MEdia Net*
UNLIMITED
Used 0.1MB of Unlimited
Internet/MEdia Net*
UNLIMITED
Used 0 of Unlimited
Internet/MEdia Net*
UNLIMITED
Used 0.6MB of Unlimited
Internet/MEdia Net*
UNLIMITED
Used 0.1MB of Unlimited
Integrated Messaging
UNLIMITED
Used 0 of Unlimited
Integrated Messaging
Used 0 of 1000

So, there are 4 MEdia Net, all with different amounts of data, and 2 integrated messaging, one of which is unlimited and one that has 1000. So...do i have unlimited sms/mms or just 1000? Also, does anyone know if there's a difference between the 4 MEdia Nets? I guess it doesn't really matter for them since they're all unlimited, but it would still be nice to know.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #85
mjalkut

Model: 8703e
Carrier: sprint

Hi, I just got my BB and tried to get Cingular to turn on "BlackBerry Personal Unlimited" as advertized on their website for $34.95.

On the first call, I chose to talk to the "email/internet" issues person via the touch tone select. They were rude, intimidating, and suggested I was trying too cheat the system if I wanted unlimited for anything less than $49.95.

On the second call, I tried sales. I got a newbie who had to continue to put me on hold and ask her manager for help. Between the two of them, they couldn't find anywhere that said BB plans were $34.95. I kept telling them to simply look on their web page. First they gave me the story that the web prices were for the east coast and I am on the west coast. When I wouldn't accept that answer, they tried to tell me the web prices don't reflect the actual updated prices. I rejected that. They kept me on the phone for an hour, repeatedly returning with yet another nonsense story about why I was wrong. I held my ground. The newbie finally told me I was being beligerant and that she was trying her best to get what I wanted; but getting mad would not help. I hadn't gotten mad at all. Finally after another long hold break she came back and said it was turned on, $34.95, unlimited. I turned on the BB and indeed it worked.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #86
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjalkut
Hi, I just got my BB and tried to get Cingular to turn on "BlackBerry Personal Unlimited" as advertized on their website for $34.95.

On the first call, I chose to talk to the "email/internet" issues person via the touch tone select. They were rude, intimidating, and suggested I was trying too cheat the system if I wanted unlimited for anything less than $49.95.

On the second call, I tried sales. I got a newbie who had to continue to put me on hold and ask her manager for help. Between the two of them, they couldn't find anywhere that said BB plans were $34.95. I kept telling them to simply look on their web page. First they gave me the story that the web prices were for the east coast and I am on the west coast. When I wouldn't accept that answer, they tried to tell me the web prices don't reflect the actual updated prices. I rejected that. They kept me on the phone for an hour, repeatedly returning with yet another nonsense story about why I was wrong. I held my ground. The newbie finally told me I was being beligerant and that she was trying her best to get what I wanted; but getting mad would not help. I hadn't gotten mad at all. Finally after another long hold break she came back and said it was turned on, $34.95, unlimited. I turned on the BB and indeed it worked.
Wow, Cingular realy needs to train their CS on data plans. May be when one encounters an issue then this person should ask to have them connet the data support department and get the right story from them. I also wonder if any of those reps to get some credit for plan subsctibtion and they say no so they can gt one on the higher plan and as a result get more credit for what they did.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 AM   #87
dandrzejewski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I think the key to remember here is the difference between the "Personal" and "Enterprise" plans. With Cingular, Personal means you're not allowed to connect to a BES, but you can use BIS (personal email). Business means you can use both BIS and BES.

The plans are $34.99 and $44.99 - the first being just unlimited data and email, the second being the same thing but with 1,000 included SMS and MMS messages. If you have a voice plan, they chop $5 off that price, making it $29.99 and $39.99 respectively.

If you want to use it on a BES server, you have to go to one of the more expensive plans. The equivalent plans look like they're $15 more (Enterprise with unlimited data = $49.99... add on 1000 messages = $59.99). These also have that $5 discount if you have a voice plan, making them $44.99 and $54.99 respectively.

If you want work e-mail but don't want to pay more to be on a BES, you can use the desktop redirector, that works fine with the BB Personal plans. I don't know if you'll get in any trouble or not, but I haven't yet.

Here's a link to the table with the prices: Data Connect Table
Old 02-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #88
shadow63
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Question. I have the 39.99 plan, but originally i had the 29.99 plan. I wanted the 1000 text messages, so i went up on the plan. Now i am wanting to be able to tether the Pearl to my laptop. If i go with the 59.99 or 79.99 plan and i already have a voice plan, will that include the unlimited access for my BB with email, text and internet use on the phone in addition to being able to tether to my laptop or are they going to be seperate charges. I have tried the pc card with not good results. Thanks.
Closed Thread