Old 01-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
caggarcia
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 242662F2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Arrow "My Number" isn't mine.

Please Login to Remove!

I just recently had to change my phone number due to a stalker problem. Went through the whole rigmarole with T-Mobile and finally was assigned a new phone number. They said it would activate immediately (which it did) but it might take a day or two for the Caller ID to start working correctly on Outgoing calls, which is fine.

The only thing that's really bugging me, and if you ask me why I'll have to ignore you, but on my Call Log window, it shows my OLD NUMBER still. It really irks me. Is this something that updates automatically from the service, or would I have to call T-Mob back to have them change it or guide me through changing it?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Hmmm not sure but I believe your phone number is on the SIM card. Try taking the device to a T-Mo store, explain the situation, and have them swap out the SIM. Or maybe they can edit the current SIM. If not they should be able to give you a new one with your new number on it, in fact I am a little surprise T-Mo did not just send you a new SIM. There should be no charge for this, I have had SIMs go bad and had them replaced by Cingular, Nextel, not T-Mo yet, but it happens.

I might be wrong about this, but if so, sure someone else will post an additional reply
Old 01-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
billclark

Model: 8120
Carrier: AT&T

Have you tried pulling the battery out and popping it back in so the SIM re-registers on the network?

When I was your age, Pluto was still a planet.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
caggarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by billclark
Have you tried pulling the battery out and popping it back in so the SIM re-registers on the network?
Yes I have, still no luck.

When I disable the "Show 'My Number'" on the options, it sends something to the network, which is odd. And when I re-enable it it still shows the old number with no data being sent.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
paulmac

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caggarcia
Yes I have, still no luck.

When I disable the "Show 'My Number'" on the options, it sends something to the network, which is odd. And when I re-enable it it still shows the old number with no data being sent.
Just found this, under Options, Advanced options, go to SIM Card, then hit the menu button once your SIM info is displayed, one of the options is Edit SIM Phone number, however, not sure what will happen. Still think I would want to run it through a T-mo Store, and have them do it.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
caggarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmac
Just found this, under Options, Advanced options, go to SIM Card, then hit the menu button once your SIM info is displayed, one of the options is Edit SIM Phone number, however, not sure what will happen. Still think I would want to run it through a T-mo Store, and have them do it.
That did the trick! Thanks a lot Paulmac
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
sman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmac
I had this changed myself when I used to have a 7100, it doesn't affect the SIM in any way except changing your number on the call log screen. It's an easy fix.
Closed Thread