Old 10-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
tecboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Camera Pictures and Media Card

Please Login to Remove!

I am either missing a setting or looking at something incorrectly...but...the camera options are set to store pictures on media card and not device memory. WHen i connect the USB cable to the phone..the Mass Media Storage yes/no window comes up. If i answer no, then the Media Card Icon shows up in "My Computer". If i answer yes, then i can access the phone folder structure under "My Computer" where the pictures taken with the camera are in the Pictures folder. I have the camera option set to store files on media card but when i take a picture then check the Media card folder on my computer, media card is empty. It "appears" that the pictures are saving to device memory. Am i missing a setting or is this "normal"?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
wcr3d
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy
I am either missing a setting or looking at something incorrectly...but...the camera options are set to store pictures on media card and not device memory. WHen i connect the USB cable to the phone..the Mass Media Storage yes/no window comes up. If i answer no, then the Media Card Icon shows up in "My Computer". If i answer yes, then i can access the phone folder structure under "My Computer" where the pictures taken with the camera are in the Pictures folder. I have the camera option set to store files on media card but when i take a picture then check the Media card folder on my computer, media card is empty. It "appears" that the pictures are saving to device memory. Am i missing a setting or is this "normal"?
No, its not. Can you access the card via the phone? Is the proper folder structure there?
Old 10-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
tecboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

where do i access the card from? i did a format of the card to make sure the phone seen it correctly and that worked fine. Where do i check and./or change the folder structure?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
Sydman
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Go to your main media section and hit your menu button and hit explore. Should be able to navigate the media card and pictures and music and such
Old 10-23-2009, 07:55 AM   #5
tecboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

where and how do you change the folder structure where the pictures are stored?
Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
Sydman
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Each time you save a picture it asks you where you want to save it. You have to navigate to the pictures folder on your memory card and put it there. Chances are you have just been hitting save and saving them to the default folder. Now pictures you take. Open up the camara and go to options and select memory card for storage location. This will only work for pictues you take again ones sent to you in mms or email you will choose each time where they go.