Serkle K
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcurlyq View Post
It's really all about what you're going to be using the device for. If your primary need involves surfing the web, watching YouTube videos, listening to music, and updating your Facebook profile, then by all means go with the iPhone. However, for those of us with actual professional and personal lives (read: Adults), the BB is the way to go. For example, I need instant access/notification of emails to a variety of accounts, task lists, and a really good calendar to keep track of my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
To be clear, the iPhone and BlackBerry can co-exist peacefully in an adult's life. My iPhone 3G lives happily in my pocket and my Bold happily in its pouch. The iPhone is my house phone, and the Bold is my office.
I do agree with you both. I honestly just dont understand the hoopla over the OPs post... or even underlying point for that matter. I guess to me it still just doesn't make sence when I know people that have iPhones and then they say (especially when they first came out, I had my WinMo device) hey look what I have, and look what it can do... when then I said yeah, thats cool, I have this and it does this... and then they reply, "Oh yeah I'm going to make my iPhone do that, I just have to jailbreak it first." That's when I just have to laugh because 98% of the people that have one, have it for the name, and "cool" factor, not functionality.

If you ask me, is it a decent phone? Yes, IMO, it is decent at best.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #62
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
That's when I just have to laugh because 98% of the people that have one, have it for the name, and "cool" factor, not functionality.

If you ask me, is it a decent phone? Yes, IMO, it is decent at best.
I think your 98% is way high, yes as with alot of apple products people buy them because they are cool to have but they keep them and buy more of them because they are easy to use.

The BB has a cool factor as well, just look in here at the people who buy them and do not get a data plan. Those people don't care about BIS / BES or security. To a lot of people the BB is overkill and it can be intimidating to set up let alone have to update the OS or search for apps.

To be honest, at this point people know what they get with either device and they know what they have to do make it perform for them. But it certainly doesn't boil down to business vs. fun or child vs. adult as it has been stated in this thread.

Last edited by test54; 02-17-2009 at 12:41 PM..
Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #63
Serkle K

Model: 9800
PIN: ... --- ...

^^ you're right, I am looking at the "disscussion" from a practicle point of view.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #64
Chevyguy

Model: Apple
PIN: Jailbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serkle K View Post
^^ you're right, I am looking at the "disscussion" from a practicle point of view.
Practical is a good way to put it with both. Both phones can be what we want them to be , and that's all that really matters here, not about what one or the other can do out of the box. It is true, if it weren't for jailbreaking, I would definitly still have my BB. But now my iPhone can pretty much do everything I did on my BB and then some, so I am happy with my decision over the Bold that I would have bought, (for a $123 more). Be happy with what you have and let others be happy with what they have, no need to put any one down about it!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #65
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

This thread is not productive in the least, why is it still open?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #66
Chevyguy

Model: Apple
PIN: Jailbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
This thread is not productive in the least, why is it still open?
don't know ?? Why is it still open ??
Old 02-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #67
ScooterG

Model: E71x
PIN: Up Models Rule.

"Excuse me, ladies, while I just go hang myself."

"Which brings me to my second point, kids. Don't do crack."
Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #68
modjo345
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

I would love to get the iphone except its made by apple, the most restrictive company on the planet. All they wan to do is control the market with their monopolistic ways. If youre down for being an apple puppet then go right ahead and feed the evil company.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #69
Arcangel

Model: APPLE
Carrier: AT&T white 32G iPhone 3GS

^^^ That's just lame^^^ Oh and I just returned my storm for an iphone 3G not because I'm anti BB, because I love them equally, my storm couldn't hold a 3G signal and the iphone 3G is all the way up all over NJ so it was the best decision for me. Apps are a great plus and the easy sync ability with my mac is another plus. For me copy and past no big and neither is mms!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #70
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

this fun to read over and over again. ive been back here about 4 times today reading from post 1
Old 02-18-2009, 05:57 AM   #71
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit

Thank you and good night.