Old 08-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #21
kirkgrau
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Upgrade might have messed up USB

Please Login to Remove!

Attempted this upgrade a couple of days ago and ended with a fatal error/unable to continue for some reason. Since then I have not been able to make a connection via USB to my computer. May just be coincidence, but anybody have ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this? Phone will charge from a wall charger, but not the USB cable.

Thanks,

Kirk
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #22
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 09-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #23
dlanemarker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Hey I looked and I cannot find this... is there anyway to have the list Zen theme.. like when you go into your menu.. like the old t-mobile Zen had before.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #24
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

There is no longer a list zen theme for 4.5.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #25
focus88844
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 800
PIN: 24ADAD9B
Carrier: T-mobile

i have a problem trying to download the google sync the latest version, when i go to m.google.com/sync it says my phonie is not supported. go back to the mobile page, and sync is not even listed on there anymore. anybody have any luck with this? or know a place i can just download the file for gsync directly and load through app loader?

many thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #26
chadmd23
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

a few issues I'm having:

1. VM indicator stays on (I use YouMail, so its not a huge deal)

2. All of my alerts/ringtones are gone (I need to read back through the forums to figure out how to get some back. I used JC's guide to remove crap before the install)

3. If I'm on the phone for about 5 minutes, (using a bluetooth headset?) the phone just dies. Not a restart, it just dies and I have to pull the battery to turn it back on.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #27
bavism
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus88844 View Post
i have a problem trying to download the google sync the latest version, when i go to m.google.com/sync it says my phonie is not supported. go back to the mobile page, and sync is not even listed on there anymore. anybody have any luck with this? or know a place i can just download the file for gsync directly and load through app loader?

many thanks in advance.
I was able to download after loading this latest version, so I'm not sure what may be causing your problem. I was directed to the following address for download.
"http://m.google.com/sync/apps/0.4.6/en/BlackBerry-42/GoogleSync.jad?dc=gorganic"

Maybe you can go to it directly.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #28
studerje

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Battery Pull causes Blackberry Messenger contact loss, anyone else?

When ever I do a battery pull and my phone starts back up, blackberry messenger give the following warning, "you have switched blackberry devices would you like to update your contacts. If I choose no, my contacts disappear. If I choose yes, it puts all my contacts into a new category called, "Pending PIN Update Confirmation".
This happens after my update to 4.5.0.55.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
-Jon

8120 T-mobile
BES/BIS

Last edited by studerje; 09-09-2008 at 03:41 PM..
Old 09-10-2008, 03:19 AM   #29
focus88844
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 800
PIN: 24ADAD9B

as much as i'd like to use the latest OS, i couldnt deal with it anymore. it could be me or i did a bad OS load onto my bb, i went back to the previous OS, all issues i had is resolved, previously doesnt matter how i used the phone i would end up with 9mb or 8 mb even after i deleted just about every app i had on the bb, now with .55 i have more apps and i am running around 18mb and dont have to pull battery that often to gain memory back.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #30
sassylass

Question Volume with the 4.5 upgrade

Hi....I've searched and haven't found anything that mentions a solution for the volume problem that occurred during my uprade to the 4.5 OS. I've seen that numerous people have stated they have the same problem, but haven't seen if there is a 'fix'. If I uninstall and install the OS again, does the issue resolve itself or is it something that I will have to hope future releases will fix??

The only other issue I Have seen is with Blackberry Smartview....it seems to randomly choose which emails will be in the 'smartview' format. Anyone else have this probem?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #31
vhato
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassylass View Post
Hi....I've searched and haven't found anything that mentions a solution for the volume problem that occurred during my uprade to the 4.5 OS. I've seen that numerous people have stated they have the same problem, but haven't seen if there is a 'fix'. If I uninstall and install the OS again, does the issue resolve itself or is it something that I will have to hope future releases will fix??

The only other issue I Have seen is with Blackberry Smartview....it seems to randomly choose which emails will be in the 'smartview' format. Anyone else have this probem?

I am unaware of a volume problem. Can you describe it or post a link to the thread talking about it?

I don't think I have experienced the SmartView problem either. Describe it as well? I get lots of email all day and they appear fine. Maybe I am accepting something I never realized was a problem.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #32
sassylass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhato View Post
I am unaware of a volume problem. Can you describe it or post a link to the thread talking about it?

I don't think I have experienced the SmartView problem either. Describe it as well? I get lots of email all day and they appear fine. Maybe I am accepting something I never realized was a problem.
When I upgraded to 4.5, the volume on my phone went way down...ring tones, volume while on a phone call, etc. I've searched several forums and it seems that I am not alone in this occurrence when upgrading to 4.5.

Regarding smartview, some of the emails come across in the smartview, and some don't (not altered at all by bbsmart) I'm not sure how to explain that so it makes more sense.....
Old 09-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #33
John Clark
BBF Moderator

OS 4.5 has it's own built-in HTML email now. BBSmart was designed for the BIS email system that didn't support HTML.

As far as volume goes, I noticed the volume a little lower. There's really nothing you can do except for downgrade back to the 4.2 OS until they fix that.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #34
2005SRT-4

Model: 8110

Just to make sure, i can upgrade to this instead of waiting for ATT to come out with their 4.5? I have ATT and just want to make sure i can use this upgrade instead.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #35
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Yes, you can upgrade to it. I see that you have an 8110, so just be sure that you download the 8110 OS (also sticked in this forum) and follow the instructions in the first post.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #36
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005SRT-4 View Post
Just to make sure, i can upgrade to this instead of waiting for ATT to come out with their 4.5? I have ATT and just want to make sure i can use this upgrade instead.
Use this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html
Closed Thread