BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 04:17 AM   #1
Smatty
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Smatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: Curve
Carrier: O2
Posts: 124
Default How do I get hold of the Today Theme

Please Login to Remove!

For my bold. I'm a bit groggy in the morning, so I like to turn my bold on and see what meetings I have for the day.

My sim free bold came with only two themes, Zen and Zen Silver

Any help much appreciated.

Any other themes about?
__________________
Dad dancing is a dish best served pissed
Offline  
Old 09-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #2
Smatty
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Smatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: Curve
Carrier: O2
Posts: 124
Default

Someone, please
__________________
Dad dancing is a dish best served pissed
Offline  
Old 09-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
amassere
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 196
Default

i had the same request..and the answer is...u cant !
Offline  
Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
Smatty
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Smatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: Curve
Carrier: O2
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amassere View Post
i had the same request..and the answer is...u cant !
So you cant show what is in your diary for the day, like the 'today' theme on all other BB's????



__________________
Dad dancing is a dish best served pissed
Offline  
Old 09-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
estabulla
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
estabulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 396
Default

Unfortunately for the Bold I think the number of themes is limited and from what I am told most vendor themes look the same. Try unlocking the other themes and see if you have any luck.
__________________
--EB/ASN
9700 on 6.0.0.something, BES 4.1 on Exchange, BIS (AT&T)
Ex 8700, 8800, 8100, 8310, 9000
Offline  
Old 09-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
rambo47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,063
Default

They're coming, but they require an entirely new kit from Plazmic to create them. Patience.
Offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
beyondthesmile
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 27
Default

bplay.com now has some Today themes up for the Bold but I haven't tried any of them.
Offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
Michael_bb
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.190
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cellcom
Posts: 25
Default

Wirelessly posted (Bold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthesmile
bplay.com now has some Today themes up for the Bold but I haven't tried any of them.
I just downloaded one but I'm not crazy about it. It's the iberry today theme. Unless I've missed something the home screen only has by default Message and Calender and no icons. The icon for the browser is rediculous. A compass?? If anyone is familiar with their products do you know if the theme is configurable?
Offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_bb View Post
Wirelessly posted (Bold)



I just downloaded one but I'm not crazy about it. It's the iberry today theme. Unless I've missed something the home screen only has by default Message and Calender and no icons. The icon for the browser is rediculous. A compass?? If anyone is familiar with their products do you know if the theme is configurable?
OH NO! Not a compass for the browser! It has to be from a iPhone user!
Offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
Medic48
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Medic48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Model: 9810
OS: 7.1.0...
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by estabulla View Post
Unfortunately for the Bold I think the number of themes is limited and from what I am told most vendor themes look the same. Try unlocking the other themes and see if you have any luck.
I have unlocked all the themes and no today them. They are pretty much the same (all the vendor themes) so far.

--Phil
__________________
Phil
Emergency Medical & Disaster Response
BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB, 9900, 9810, 9800, 9780, 9700, 9000, 8310, 8220, 8700R, 8100, 8300, 7290
Offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #11
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.199
Carrier: None
Posts: 2,622
Default

can you use a theme from say a 8800 or 8300 4.5?
Offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 07:22 AM   #12
Dubdub
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App6+
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
can you use a theme from say a 8800 or 8300 4.5?
AFAIK, themes are pretty much for device specific. Could be wrong as I have not kept up with the latest in theme making.
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #13
Crooky
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bristol, UK
Model: 9000
PIN: 255400BF
Carrier: Orange UK
Posts: 11
Default

Wirelessly posted

Try the new Bplay Reflex 2 Today Plus theme - probably does what you want.
Offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #14
Smatty
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Smatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: Curve
Carrier: O2
Posts: 124
Default

Cheers folks, I will have a look
__________________
Dad dancing is a dish best served pissed
Offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #15
Smatty
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Smatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: Curve
Carrier: O2
Posts: 124
Default

Just purchased the iBerry 2.0 Today plus - its canny and does everything I want
__________________
Dad dancing is a dish best served pissed
Offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #16
adamzeit
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
adamzeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 35
Default

Ditto - bought the iBerry Today Plus theme - works perfect!
Offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #17
Michael_bb
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.190
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cellcom
Posts: 25
Default

Wirelessly posted (Bold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamzeit
Ditto - bought the iBerry Today Plus theme - works perfect!
Well maybe the iberry today plus theme is better then the iberry today theme. On the iberry today theme they didn't even bother to center the date. How 2nd rate is that?
Offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #18
adamzeit
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
adamzeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_bb View Post
Wirelessly posted (Bold)



Well maybe the iberry today plus theme is better then the iberry today theme. On the iberry today theme they didn't even bother to center the date. How 2nd rate is that?

Well, the iBerry Today Plus theme shows "Messages" with the 2 most recent new messages displayed. Then it shows Calendar with your 2 next upcoming appts. The, the "plus" part I guess is that when you scroll down past the calendar, the first 5 icons from your top row of icons appears and you can select one of those 5 items.

But NO - the damn date is NOT centered on this one either! It appears to be right-justified with the time (the time is centered).

I have never purchased from Bplay prior to this....so they send out "upgrades" if they enhance an existing theme that you purchased?? Like fixed it and added functionality? That would be nice....especially for $ 8 for this one! But otherwise, it does what I wanted....for sure.
Offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #19
Michael_bb
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.190
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cellcom
Posts: 25
Default

Wirelessly posted (Bold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamzeit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_bb View Post
Wirelessly posted (Bold)



Well maybe the iberry today plus theme is better then the iberry today theme. On the iberry today theme they didn't even bother to center the date. How 2nd rate is that?

Well, the iBerry Today Plus theme shows "Messages" with the 2 most recent new messages displayed. Then it shows Calendar with your 2 next upcoming appts. The, the "plus" part I guess is that when you scroll down past the calendar, the first 5 icons from your top row of icons appears and you can select one of those 5 items.

But NO - the damn date is NOT centered on this one either! It appears to be right-justified with the time (the time is centered).

I have never purchased from Bplay prior to this....so they send out "upgrades" if they enhance an existing theme that you purchased?? Like fixed it and added functionality? That would be nice....especially for $ 8 for this one! But otherwise, it does what I wanted....for sure.
I agree that the functionality is ok. Although if you add a wallpaper to the front page it also uses the same wallpaper on the applications page.
That is also amature. Why would somebody want to put a wallpaper usually loaded with a picture or scene on the second page that is covered with icons?? I'm dissapointed and feeling like I overpaid for this.
Offline  
Old 09-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #20
adamzeit
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
adamzeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_bb View Post
Wirelessly posted (Bold)



I agree that the functionality is ok. Although if you add a wallpaper to the front page it also uses the same wallpaper on the applications page.
That is also amature. Why would somebody want to put a wallpaper usually loaded with a picture or scene on the second page that is covered with icons?? I'm dissapointed and feeling like I overpaid for this.
Yea - I hear you - I put a wallpaper on and it shows up on both pages...that is a bit "JV" for sure. Hopefully they will make some updates to their themes....
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

LOT(4)RADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-33 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC SCSI 16MB
$675.0
LOT(4)RADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-33 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC SCSI 16MB pictureRADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-31 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC Module card
$185.0
RADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-31 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC  Module  card pictureRADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-31 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC Module card SCSI
$185.0
RADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-31 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC Module card SCSI pictureRADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-33 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC SCSI 16MB
$185.0
RADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-33 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC SCSI 16MB pictureRADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-33 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC
$185.0
RADSTONE VME BOARD PME 68-33 MOTOROLA 6800 33Mhz AMIGA PPC picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.