BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #1
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Default ToDoMatrix Professional, Optimized for GTD and Franklin Covey is Released v2007.09.01

Please Login to Remove!

REXwireless ToDoMatrix Professional, Optimized for GTD and Franklin Covey is Released (version 2007.09.01.4x)

We are happy to announce that version 2007.09.01.4x of ToDoMatrix for BlackBerry smartphones, which is our GTD and Franklin Covey optimized version, is now available for download.

Here is the upgrade procedure:
REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Support Center - FAQ - Upgrades

This is our most substantial upgrade since we introduce REXdesktop web access. As such, we created our first ever white paper that outlines our recommendations for "how to best use" ToDoMatrix, instead of simply "how it works" documentation. We strongly recommend reading the BlackBerry Task Management Best Practices briefing, which discusses implementing the best of GTD and the best of Franklin Covey in the same task management system:
http://www.rexwireless.com/bestpract...ractices1f.pdf

As always, our release notes summary is available - this one contains 56 bullets so please take a look (we don't want to clutter the post here with such a long list):
REXwireless Software - Recent Releases - Notes

In order to keep it short, here is a baker's dozen of highlights regarding ToDoMatrix 2007.09.01.4x:

(1) Changed the underlying three dimensional ToDoMatrix model (project, time, and delegate) to a seven dimensional model (dimensions 4 - 7 are user configurable). Here is a little more on that topic, already on BlackBerry Forums:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...tml#post632882

(2) Pre-configured dimension 4 as "context" for GTD use and pre-configured dimensions 5 and 6 as "quadrant" and "role" for Franklin Covey use (but the user can change these to any other purposes if desired (for example, attorneys can use these fields for tracking client, matter numbers, construction professionals can use them to track job tickets, etc).

(3) Implemented Regenerating Tasks with or without Relative Alerts.

(4) Added support for International and European date schemes.

(5) Added Multi-Variable Filtering subsystem.

(6) Added Quick Review Wizard subsystem.

(7) Redesigned REXdesktop to accomodate the seven dimension model, filtering, and international date support.

(8) Doubled the capacity of the to-do / task note and folder names to improve direct task injection from BlackBerry e-mail, phonelog, browser, etc. Also added more injection options to the BlackBerry e-mail injection dialog to allow greater precision of what a person wants to inject into ToDoMatrix. If you are not familiar with the injection capabilities, here is a write up on that topic, already on BlackBerry Forums:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...tml#post443297

(9) Enhanced folder and drawers to support hiding, additional icon color selections (folders only).

(10) Redesigned the Counts logic - counts now offer open tasks and all, per folder. Counts are now supported for delegates and views.

(11) Added copy folder to a new folder, copy task. This allows a user to easily create re-usable templates in a Template drawer if they have similiar projects.

(12) Added template task capability by folder.

(13) Global alert window now includes "Delay all Alerts" functionality.

One last thought - simplicity is still possible! We configured this release to allow greater user configuration (see Profile / Preferences on the main menu) so that people that want to start out simply or stay the same as they have been can in fact do so. We envision ToDoMatrix as a system a person can grow into over time.

As always, we offer free trials. We will be updating our website docs and video demo soon.

Have fun,

--the REXguys--

REXwireless Software develops personal productivity, knowledge sharing, and corporate marketing software for BlackBerry smartphones. Free software trials and video demos are available at REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Applications

REXwireless Software is an official BlackBerry Alliances Partner.

+++

REXwireless Software Products in Brief:

ToDoMatrix
ToDoMatrix is a world-class to-do / task management / project management application. ToDoMatrix can manage an unlimited number of personal and delegated tasks, organized by project drawers and folder, cross indexed by time and assigned delegate. ToDoMatrix is a favorite of professionals that subscribe to the "Getting Things Done (GTD)" methodologies of David Allen (see davidco.com) and/or the methods pioneered by Stephen Covey / Franklin Covey (see franklincovey.com).

IdeaMatrix
ideaMatrix is an unlimited, free-form idea and notes management database and features REXwireless's quick free-form Indy*Search. ideaMatrix is a highly-flexible application and is used in many different ways. In addition to the ideaMatrix's primary mission of instant-recall "Post-it Notes" and ideas on your BlackBerry, top ten uses from a recent sampling of users included:
1) Customer Relationship Management Information [Sales Professionals]
2) Personal Journal / Accomplishment Log
3) Student Note Taking in Class [Classroom Education]
4) Comprehensive Conversations Log
5) Medical Reference Information for Doctors [Medical Industry]
6) Investment Opportunity and Note Tracker [Investment Professionals]
7) Time log / logging [for Lawyers / Legal Industry (and billable consultants)]
8) Fitness / Workout Diary
9) Diet / Food Intake Tracker
10) Light Reader for Book and Magazine Article Summaries

REXdesktop
REXdesktop is a web-based browser system that enables secure access to your REXwireless BlackBerry-resident databases and wireless synchronization using a broadband-connected Windows PC, Apple Mac, or Linux desktop.

REXwireless Teamwork Software
REXwireless offer ReferenceMatrix (one-to-many) and KnowledgeMatrix (many-to-many) products for workgroup knowledge sharing on BlackBerry smartphones.

+++

Important Notice:

The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images, and symbols are the exclusive properties of and trademarks or registered trademarks of Research In Motion Limited - used by permission. IBM, Lotus Notes, and Domino are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation. Microsoft Outlook and Exchange are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Novell Groupwise is a trademark of Novell Inc. Post-it is a trademark of 3M Corporation. Getting Things Done and GTD are trademarks of David Allen & Co. Franklin Covey is a trademark of Franklin Covey Co.

Last edited by rexguys; 10-01-2007 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Typos + a bit more info.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

This is an awesome release! You obviously put a lot of thought in the new feature set- they are there to use, but I like the way you allow us to ease into them, 1 dimension at a time.

The D4 Context default has already today allowed me to start to simplify my task categories (I fell into the trap of more specific, too many classifications)

I have absolutely no regrets for the purchase of the Silver package at the begininning of the year - it's been worth every penny so far, and I think I've only scratch the surface (and I generally don't toss praise around freely - ask my family )
Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
janeenadamsmartin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Okay, I really need that moderated forum you mention in the pdf, lol!

Where do I put things like "pick up milk?" I used to have it in the Groceries folder of my ToDo drawer. But now... hmmm... do I just put the context as @store and leave it in a giant Inbox drawer? Or do I move it to a folder called ToBuy? (In which case, I don't need the @store context..)

The big stuff, goals&projects just naturally fall in the new dimensions. Its these little piddly things that have me stumped!

Can we bounce ideas here until you are up and running?
jan

PS: I have read GTD and Covey, but I don't recall where they put that stuff either.

Last edited by janeenadamsmartin; 10-01-2007 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 10-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #4
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Our forum will be up next week.

As far as your question, its personal preference. The forum should give you the ability to compare how others are doing it and decide what's best for you. In my personal case, I get the grocery list e-mailed to me by my wife and have no thinking to do on the topic
Old 10-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

I think the forums will be a great.

It would also be cool if you could eventually provide something like a bug and enhancment forum too for us to provide you feedback and vice versa. That way we would know when to stop emailing you all emails and suggestions. I use to subscribe here when I was on the dark side (PPC), and they kept the board running pretty smooth and good to give you some ideas
SBSH Mobile Software Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board)

EDIT: Let me say that I have no allegiance or am I trying to promote SBSH. I use to own PocketBreeze and some other apps when I had a PPC phone.

Last edited by DaBlackberryBoy; 10-03-2007 at 11:48 AM..
Old 10-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #6
bjack56
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: 301A75A8
Carrier: Telus
Thumbs up

I'm looking forward to the forum as well-It will be nice to share/compare ideas with other users.
I am finding myself somewhat overwhelmed with trying to decide what drawers/folders to create.

Fantastic prorgam though-once I get my head wrapped around what's right for me as far as setup/layout goes, I'll be set!!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #7
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10
Carrier: AT&T

Hi Rexguys;
Another great release! One issue....I had deleted the Todomatrix client from my Blackberry last week and just installed the new version (following the posted instructions). I am now trying to sync with the server database which I had previously backed up to) and am receiving:
IO error communicating with server
Local connection timed out after ~ 120000

When I cancel the sync request I receive:
Warning: Error occurred on last run. Error count 1. Error: java.lang.NullpointerException

I also tried to initiate a sync from Rex Desktop but it never completes.

Thoughts?

Last edited by bostonnerd; 10-05-2007 at 07:43 AM..
Old 10-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #8
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd View Post
Hi Rexguys;
Another great release! One issue....I had deleted the Todomatrix client from my Blackberry last week and just installed the new version (following the posted instructions). I am now trying to sync with the server database which I had previously backed up to) and am receiving:
IO error communicating with server
Local connection timed out after ~ 120000

When I cancel the sync request I receive:
Warning: Error occurred on last run. Error count 1. Error: java.lang.NullpointerException

I also tried to initiate a sync from Rex Desktop but it never completes.

Thoughts?
Hit them up via their support section on the site (http://www.rexwireless.com/supportcenter.php). They get back with you quick on stuff like this.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
bostonnerd

Model: z10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
Hit them up via their support section on the site (http://www.rexwireless.com/supportcenter.php). They get back with you quick on stuff like this.
I figured it out. Needed to change my comms setting in options to TCP......duh!!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Best Practices for BlackBerry Task Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjack56 View Post
I'm looking forward to the forum as well-It will be nice to share/compare ideas with other users.
I am finding myself somewhat overwhelmed with trying to decide what drawers/folders to create.

Fantastic prorgam though-once I get my head wrapped around what's right for me as far as setup/layout goes, I'll be set!!
Well, our REXwireless.com Forums are up and running. The goal is best practices task management discussion among ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix users, with a little support thrown in for good measure.

Please register at REXwireless Best Practices Forum

Thanks,

--the REXguys--
Old 10-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #11
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys View Post
Well, our REXwireless.com Forums are up and running. The goal is best practices task management discussion among ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix users, with a little support thrown in for good measure.

Please register at REXwireless Best Practices Forum

Thanks,

--the REXguys--
This is really great Rexguys. Thanks for listening
Old 10-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
jsanchez
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Has anyone had trouble with OTA download from the REXwireless.com/download page? It thinks I'm on a PC even though I'm using my berry.

Thank you.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM   #13
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

You need to change the emulation in your browser options.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #14
mdlissner

Model: 8800

How long of a trial do you get with ToDo Matrix?

Do they have plans to integrate it with Outlook for synchronization?

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
dooks88

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
How long of a trial do you get with ToDo Matrix?

Do they have plans to integrate it with Outlook for synchronization?
7 days. you can request to extend the trial period an additional 7 days if you wish.

they are hoping to have outlook sync in the future.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #16
hnsimpson
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it

On my trial now...nice app....it does A LOT of things.

-simpson
Old 10-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #17
hnsimpson

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it

Wirelessly posted (8703e: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsimpson
On my trial now...nice app....it does A LOT of things.

-simpson
Okie dokie. Trial's up.

Thank you, Rex Guys for a task management app that works! Your product has already paid for itself many times over.

The only option that I would like to have is more space to enter in details. Aside from this, TodoMatrix seems to be becoming an invaluable tool for me.

IdeaMatrix is on my radar next...

-simpson

-Young MC
Old 10-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #18
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default ToDoMatrix point release 2007.09.14.4x is available

FYI, we have adjusted a few items in the 2007.09.01.4x release for the better with the 2007.09.14.4x point release, now available for download.

The detail is here:
REXwireless Software Release Notes

Please upgrade when convenient.

Thanks,

--the REXguys--
Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #19
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Thanks for the update !