BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
8wheels

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Unhappy bad RIM. Bad, BAD RIM. BIS on PC only!?

Please Login to Remove!

<rant>

Ok, I can at least pretend it's ok for RIM not to put the resources into Mac software development, but not even being able to use Safari to access the email settings for your BIS??? OH, for cryin' out loud!

You gotta go to your PC just to access their WEB SITE??? GRRRRR.

THAT's not acceptable. Shame, shame SHAME on you RIM!

</rant> :(

[edit: this is with sprint, so maybe it's their fault, but I doubt it. tried on two different Macs, btw.]

Last edited by 8wheels; 04-07-2007 at 03:03 PM..
Old 04-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
boosting1bar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Might just be a Sprint thing, I can access my Cingular BIS stuff through Safari.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
sickchilly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20CFA98A
Carrier: AT&T

No problem with Safari/Cingular here... You might try enabling Safari's Debug menu and switching the User Agent to a Windows browser. Either that, or download FireFox, Opera, OmniWeb, etc. and try with one of them.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I could not use the page to enter in my new device when i switched, kept giving me error messages. I eventually had to call cingular and have them do the switch, and I can change email setting though.

tried safari, firefox and camino all with no luck.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
elcivic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Use Firefox! Anyone that does never goes back.....
Old 04-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
dwdmguy@optonline.net

Model: 8703

Please confim what a BIS is. I just got my 7xxx today and am having a hellva time with it. (I'm a mac user)
I've been trying to access my account on sprint BCS and it's a nightmare and would not understand why a BB would have anything to do with that.
I may end up cross upgrading my missing sync for the BB now so I can keep my iCal and Address book on my bb.

I went thru 2 Treo 700p's in two months and begged my sprint guy to upgrade me to the BB cause I could'nt take the palm device anymore.
Best
Old 04-07-2007, 11:36 PM   #7
8wheels

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Oh I got it done by just swiveling my seat around and doing it on the PC. Getting it done wasn't the rant - it just shows bad form on their part.

I'm not a ranty kind of guy generally, so 'scuze that.

and I use FF on the pc exclusively, just think it's kinda half-baked on the Mac. I have boatloads of browsers, it just shocked me. I mean *nobody* does that anymore. Nobody!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:37 AM   #8
mholger

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I'm a Cingular customer, and discovered that Safari really doesn't work for setting up a BIS account, but there's a reason I keep a copy of FireFox installed on my Mac..

Fired that up, and got the BIS account working without issue. Once the account was setup, I've (thus far) been able to do every thing else I've needed to with Safari. There was a time, not too long ago, when FireFox wouldn't even work -- I was forced into IE, and THAT made me shudder...

(And, off topic, after using FireFox since the beginning of time, Netscape before it, and Mosaic even before Netscape, I wholeheartedly endorse Safari )
Closed Thread