BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 03:47 PM   #21
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Major fail on RIM's part. Mac users are out there and they use BBs. You want to be an iphone killer? Well that will NEVER happen as long as you treat Mac users like the red headed step child. I keep hearing that RIM is "working on" Desk Top Manager for Mac, but at this point its just vaporware.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #22
BBG3

Model: 9530
Carrier: BELL

I have Mark/Space Missing Sync for my new BB Storm and has worked flawlessly. I have a Macbook Black 2.4Ghz with 4 gig of RAM and pocket mac doesn't seem to work. With Missing Sync it has been great and recommend it. I am on the BES and sync my ical and love it!!!

Cheers
Old 02-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #23
brbishop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I bought a cheap PC for synching and doing a couple of other things. Honestly, neither application worked well for me on my mac. I am running OS 10.5.6 and have a BB Pearl 8120 on TMo. I recently resorted to BB Exchange server and have never been happier. I should have a post addressing this soon. It is called IPhone Envy. When I get the time I will post it up. Maybe it will help you out?

Good luck and sorry couldn't be more help.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #24
FrankTheRabbit

Model: 9000
PIN: 208E5C6F
Carrier: Cable & Wireless

This is the first time I feel bad about buying my Mac. I just got this BB-Bold and the only thing I can sync are my mp3s using the Blackberry Media sync app. Other than that, I can't take advantage of all the cool features.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #25
jscurry

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Best Solution

I'm new to the forum, just switched my iPhone for a Blackberry Curve. I struggled with Pocketmac and Missing sync, neither seemed to work 100% (probably my fault). But I found a great solution for my Macbook that is ideal for the Blackberry:

1. I use an application called Spanning Sync to sync my iCalendars with Google Calendar. (Requires a Google Account)
2. I use Google Mobile Sync for Blackberry to sync my Google Calendar to the Curve.

What's awesome is it's all completely wireless and a three way sync. I can make a change on the Mac, the Curve or Google and it will sync all three places. No duplicates or issues so far, knock on wood. I still use pocket mac only to sync photo's, music and any new applications. Only downside is Spanning sync seems a little expensive to me but at least the Google app is free. I'm still on a fifteen day free trial of Spanning Sync but will for sure make the investment when I get around to it. My wife has a Curve as well and she actually syncs to the same Google Calendar and we still have no issues. On the initial sync for both calendar and contacts I started with empty on Google and empty phone, in other words, synced from Mac to Google and then to phone. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by jscurry; 02-21-2009 at 08:55 AM..
Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #26
okader
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: At&t

i am using pocetmac with my 8310 and it is syncing with out any problems. i did not even use the updated drivers. it syncs enturage, enturage calendar, address book, ical, notes even stikies, tasks and to do list. what else do u guys need?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #27
JiveTurkey

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscurry View Post
I'm new to the forum, just switched my iPhone for a Blackberry Curve. I struggled with Pocketmac and Missing sync, neither seemed to work 100% (probably my fault). But I found a great solution for my Macbook that is ideal for the Blackberry:

1. I use an application called Spanning Sync to sync my iCalendars with Google Calendar. (Requires a Google Account)
2. I use Google Mobile Sync for Blackberry to sync my Google Calendar to the Curve.
For those reading this, if you are using an updated Leopard version (I think from 10.5.2 onward), you can do this without the need of third party software like Spanning Sync. Google has directions, and it works well and is completely free. The only issue I have with this is really a Google Calendar issue where it decides to delete events from subscribed calendars on occasion (an issue that has been around for at least 2 years), but that has nothing to do with the Blackberry or syncing.

The only other potential drawback is that you can only sync data in a limited range (I think it is currently from 4 weeks previous to 20 weeks in the future). If you are fine not having an archive on your phone and if you don't need a precise calendar months into the future, this is definitely the way to go.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #28
mhs92

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default Well, this is not the answer you want...

...but

Can't live without my Blackberry (8130), love my MacBook, and gotta have Windows (Vista).

I was never able to get PocketMac to work acceptably, either with Entourgage 2004 or 2008. Perfection can't be expected, but PocketMac was sorta like AIG is today.

I've recently switch to a new Vista PC. (Transferring contacts via the Blackberry, and email via IMAP, which worked fine).

So, far the Desktop Manager under Windows is sooooo much better than PocketMac on the Mac.

Basically, my experience is that you can't use a Blackberry for professional use on a Mac, whereas you can on the PC.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #29
billyoftheknight

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

I have a Curve 8900 and a MacBook Unibody 13.3 on 10.5.6. I have installed and Uninstalled PocketMac about 15 times and have yet to get my Mac to recognise that the BB is plugged in.

When I plug the BB in, BB Media Sync opens fine.

Is there a possibility that these programs are in conflict?
Closed Thread