Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
amartin

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Crappy Sprint
Default Want to sync BB with Mac and BES

Please Login to Remove!

I am new to the BB world. I would like to sync my calendar and Address book with my BB. However, I do not want it to interfere with my employers BES and my getting email for work. They sync wirelessly with BES and outlook. I'm not sure the way the Mac syncing programs work with the BES (or if at all) and again certainly don't want them to interfere with each other. Also, my Mac stuff is personal and the BES is for work.

I realize there's not much of a question here, but any thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Anthony
Old 02-17-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
rallanr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default My way of doing it

I'm not sure if my situation is exactly the same as yours but here is how I handle this.

I have a BB8130 and I use PocketMac to sync it to my Mac laptop. I usually just have it set to overwrite the BB as that seems to be the least frustrating way to do it without having odd sync and data issues. My personal/business e-mail is enabled on this. It is a POP account. This means I'm completely good to go on a personal level.

One of my main clients (where I have a company e-mail address) has an exchange server and I use Outlook in a Windows environment at their office when I'm doing work for them. I have added the e-mail address they gave me to my BB and so I get messages from each account and I can send from either one as appropriate. Setting up the e-mail accounts on the BB was really easy. However my connection to their e-mail account is through BIS and Outlook Webmail (as far as I can tell) rather than through a BES. (I'm pretty new to BB so I may have this a bit confused. It saves them a license on the BES I think but may restrict what I can do). In any case, what this means is that I don't bother to sync my schedule or address book with their system. If I need to have that info then I just enter it again in my Mac laptop. They are a small company and so don't do a lot of scheduling and so forth on their BB's and system. So far this doesn't create a lot of extra work and it meets my needs.
Closed Thread