BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #201
bigwillokc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Whoopty doo. I have found a great deal of useful information on this board when it comes to having problems and needing resolutions, but I am just about ready to quit reading this section. With all of the people and their pissing contests of who knows more and who has the best inside scoop, its starting to look like none of us knows a thing...... :S
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #202
raynicolini
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 28316DB1
Carrier: Toronto Wireless

we all heard of Christmas in July
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #203
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

This:
BlackBerry Bold Gets A Black Eye, Delayed Again - Mobile Blog - InformationWeek

which is rumor, too just like all the rest of this thread!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #204
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynicolini View Post
we all heard of Christmas in July
Is that like a "Cold day in Hell!"
Old 07-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #205
santo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCanada View Post
The National Post is reporting today that the release of the Bold by Rogers has been delayed until August. (I can't post the URL for some reason, but Google "rogers" "blackberry" and you'll find it.)
Article from National post here.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #206
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillokc View Post
Whoopty doo. I have found a great deal of useful information on this board when it comes to having problems and needing resolutions, but I am just about ready to quit reading this section. With all of the people and their pissing contests of who knows more and who has the best inside scoop, its starting to look like none of us knows a thing...... :S
hahaha, and there you have hit the nail on the head.

Opinions--anyone can have them, including opinions regarding release dates.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #207
BBCanada
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A

carmovies: Go to Google News and search for "rogers" and "blackberry". Here is the text of the National Post article:

BlackBerry Bold delay, another 3G iPhone
Posted: July 28, 2008, 8:06 AM by Jonathan Ratner

Technology

The BlackBerry Bold will likely be delayed by two weeks for carriers Rogers, T-Mobile and Vodafone as Research In Motion Ltd.xxx8217;s engineers may be spending more time on the touch screen Thunder to push forward its release date.

This is the indication from Canaccord Adams analyst Peter Misekxxx8217;s channel checks. However, he said the software build has likely been sent recently, which makes an earlier launch possible. But he doesnxxx8217;t expect anything as early as Monday, July 28.

The analyst told clients that while this is a short-term negative, it is not very material for RIM and he still expects those three carriers to launch in August. That means the sales will contribute to RIMxxx8217;s second quarter results.

Mr. Misek also noted that his sources suggest there will be a second 3G iPhone from Apple Inc. launched around November. He said it will have 32 gigabytes of storage and will come in additional colours.

Any weakness related to the Bold delay would be a buying opportunity in RIM shares, he added, reiterating a xxx8220;buyxxx8221; rating and US$225 price target.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #208
Burton8219

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
This:

(Sorry couldn't post links... new account, lost password to old account)

which is rumor, too just like all the rest of this thread!
No... you need to learn how to read properly. The article says that AT&T GUARANTEES that the bold will be out BEFORE November 1st. Please read the article thoroughly before you come in here and say it is delayed until November when it didn't say anything remotely close to that in the article.

The Sept. 1st date seems the most plausible to me because the testing started about two weeks ago for them meaning the testing should end early-mid August and be able to ship by the end of August with an updated OS build. The Bold has already passed FCC testing, so they just need to find bugs in the OS before shipping to consumers. AT&T has also started training on the Bold, so I doubt they would wait three months after they trained their employees to release it.

You also forget that these "journalists" are just glorified forum goers like us. In that article he used BlackBerryNews as a source. He has no legitimate info regarding the Bold. He is going off rumors just like we are. I take all of these "news sources" like CNet and others with not even a grain of salt. Most of the time we know more than they do.

Long story short, do not trust any of these articles or use them as sources, and if you do please interpret them correctly

-Burton
Old 07-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #209
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton8219 View Post
No... you need to learn how to read properly. The article says that AT&T GUARANTEES that the bold will be out BEFORE November 1st. Please read the article thoroughly before you come in here and say it is delayed until November when it didn't say anything remotely close to that in the article.

The Sept. 1st date seems the most plausible to me because the testing started about two weeks ago for them meaning the testing should end early-mid August and be able to ship by the end of August with an updated OS build. The Bold has already passed FCC testing, so they just need to find bugs in the OS before shipping to consumers. AT&T has also started training on the Bold, so I doubt they would wait three months after they trained their employees to release it.

You also forget that these "journalists" are just glorified forum goers like us. In that article he used BlackBerryNews as a source. He has no legitimate info regarding the Bold. He is going off rumors just like we are. I take all of these "news sources" like CNet and others with not even a grain of salt. Most of the time we know more than they do.

Long story short, do not trust any of these articles or use them as sources, and if you do please interpret them correctly

-Burton

You are funny!

You tell me that I can't read and they you post what is most "plausible to you"?

I choose to believe the rumors I wish and you can believe in yours. If you wish to think that Sept. in a good date because of "att training" ok then.

First it was July, then August and now we are hoping for Sept. or Nov.

RIM might as well save it for Christmas!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #210
popiz

Model: 8320
Carrier: Tmobile

I thought that it would be out by tomorrow? from blackberrynews.com
Old 07-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #211
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

Welcome to the forums. Rogers date for Business customers (no units in stores) is Tomorrow. The fallback date is the 8th of August. This date is also general availability date.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #212
popiz

Model: 8320
Carrier: Tmobile

@Sith_apprentice
thanks!
wow i guess i need to wait again then...
Old 07-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #213
crimsondr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None
Carrier: None

no units in store tomorrow, but can we order by calling rogers?
Old 07-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #214
foner
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 2 something...

I like eggs...
Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #215
Daveth

Model: curve

Hey, If I have a Corporate account will I be able to call in tomorrow to do a corporate hardware upgrade?
Old 07-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #216
mzcourtney
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveth View Post
Hey, If I have a Corporate account will I be able to call in tomorrow to do a corporate hardware upgrade?
i would imagine so
Old 07-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #217
ssb16
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: ask first

Just saw the bold in the Rogers store in Toronto. Funny thing is they didn't have the price plan or the price of the phone. He showed me a working version of it....me being the dumbone I forgot to photograph it.....I will try to go back tomorrow and get more information...it does remind me of the 8800 series but much much better.....
Old 07-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #218
sandrot

Model: 8100

Which store?? At Bay & Adelaide - they are often the first store in TO to receive new Blackberry product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb16 View Post
Just saw the bold in the Rogers store in Toronto. Funny thing is they didn't have the price plan or the price of the phone. He showed me a working version of it....me being the dumbone I forgot to photograph it.....I will try to go back tomorrow and get more information...it does remind me of the 8800 series but much much better.....
Old 07-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #219
jrmtl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Soon to be Rogers

Smells like a marketing fiasco for RIM and their top device.

First the device gets some initial bad reviews and now it's piling on the delays daily ...ouch.

People are getting so ancy and desperate that they are throwing out bogus information.

Are they back to the drawing board with it ?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #220
tteixeira

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Just spoke a Roger's Corporate rep thats trying to take our corporate account over to them as we are currently with Telus. He told me that he has a big Canada wide conference call on Friday at 2:00 p.m. CST. He is 99.9% sure that its to set a release date for the Bold.
Closed Thread