Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
boomslang

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Missing my .debug file

Please Login to Remove!

I am having a weird problem with my eclipse/JDE setup. Everything had been working fine for months. I was happily debugging my app. Made a small code change. Closed the simulator and hit the debug button again.

During startup I now get the following error:

"The "[projectname].debug" file is missing. Please choose the missing file.

With the options "Search...", "Browse...", "Cancel", and "Don't ask this again"

Sure enough, I look in my directory and my .debug file is missing. No idea where it went. I tried to copy another projects file, as well as create a bogus file (neither of which I expected to work - but I wanted to see what happened), and the new file gets deleted every time.

Regardless of which option I select from the error message above, I then get the followup error "Some debug information is missing. Not all applications may be debuggable".

My application runs fine, and the debugger claims to start up, but it does not stop at any breakpoints. Essentially, I can no longer debug.

I am positive that I did not make any configuration changes between attempts. I had already launched the simulator in debug mode probably 40 times today, and it just stopped working. I have tried everything I could think of, including trying different simulators and rebooting, to no avail. I still get the error.

Any help?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:17 AM   #2
FerminRomeroDeTorres
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None!
Carrier: Vodafone

No sure why this happens but it is when your simulator and your .debug file refer to different versions of the app. This has happened to me a few times, I fix it by going to the batch file that launches your simulator (e.g. 8120.bat) and adding the /clear-flash command. This will reset your simulator. Only need to do this once then remove the /clear-flash command.

Now when you debug from eclipse it should work.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
boomslang

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the help. You were right, the version of the app on the simulator was different. For any who may experience something similar, I will add a little detail. When I cleared the cache, it removed my application from the simulator (which would usually be good, because then things would be back in sync). However, when I rebuilt, I could not get my app back on the simulator. That was when I noticed that my .cod file was missing as well.

I eventually noticed a .err file which detailed an error in my code which was preventing the build from completing. I am not sure why eclipse was unable to tell me about the error. Perhaps it was happening too late in the build process. Regardless, new .cod and .debug files were not getting created and pushed out, which is why the simulator had the wrong version of the app on it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
bbjavaman

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

The same error message was being displayed for me also. Then I realized that I had selected the Release build configuration instead of Debug so I did the following to fix:
1.Eclipse menu: BlackBerry-> Erase Simulator Fiels->Erase All.
2.Set the build configuration to Debug: BlackBerry->Build Configurations...->Debug
3.Rebuild project: Project->Build Active BlackBerry Configuration

Eclipse 3.4. BlackBerry JDE Plug-in 1.0.0.67
Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Kory Lovre

Model: 8300
Carrier: none
Default Missing my .debug file

As well, you will want to be sure to have your Eclipse project active for Blackberry otherwise it will not show up on the Blackberry simulator...

Highlight and then right click on the Project name you want on the Blackberry
A menu will appear and in the second to last section you should see 'Activate for Blackberry'. If there is no check mark next to this then you need to click on it to activate it. If there is already a check mark next to it then it is already active for Blackberry.
Closed Thread