BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
dbcolorado

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Messages indicator isn't showing me which folder...

Please Login to Remove!

I'm new to this forum. Have always been a BB user, but just recently added the data plan and got the curve from AT&T.

1) When I have an incoming message, it used to show me which folder the message came in to (i.e. sms, personal email (gmail) or small buz email (godaddy). Now it just shows a 1 message at the top, but doesn't tell me which folder. If I recall correctly, the folder did something to indicate I had new mail and then when I scrolled to the folder it would say (1) gmail.com folder indicating I had 1 new message there. Now it only shows 1 message envelope at the top and nothing in my folders or at the bottom of the screen when I scroll to the folders. That's annoying to me.

2) Also, is there a gmail icon I can use for my personal mail folder? I know you can download themes, but I don't really care about themes so much. I'd like to be able to better differentiate between my personal and business email accounts and the gmail icon (if there is one) would really help! If so, how do I get it?

Thanks so much!
Denielle
Old 05-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcolorado View Post
I'm new to this forum. Have always been a BB user, but just recently added the data plan and got the curve from AT&T.

1) When I have an incoming message, it used to show me which folder the message came in to (i.e. sms, personal email (gmail) or small buz email (godaddy). Now it just shows a 1 message at the top, but doesn't tell me which folder. If I recall correctly, the folder did something to indicate I had new mail and then when I scrolled to the folder it would say (1) gmail.com folder indicating I had 1 new message there. Now it only shows 1 message envelope at the top and nothing in my folders or at the bottom of the screen when I scroll to the folders. That's annoying to me.

2) Also, is there a gmail icon I can use for my personal mail folder? I know you can download themes, but I don't really care about themes so much. I'd like to be able to better differentiate between my personal and business email accounts and the gmail icon (if there is one) would really help! If so, how do I get it?

Thanks so much!
Denielle
Welcome to the forums Denielle!

1.) Start with a hard reset (battery pull while the device is on).

2.) If you go into the application list do you see a icon for Gmail? If so move it (menu>Move) to the first five applications in the list and it should appear on your screen. If you don't see one press menu>Show All (do you see it now?) if so highlight it and press Menu>(uncheck Hide Icon) and then follow the previous instruction to move it to the main screen.

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
dbcolorado

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Welcome to the forums Denielle!

1.) Start with a hard reset (battery pull while the device is on).

2.) If you go into the application list do you see a icon for Gmail? If so move it (menu>Move) to the first five applications in the list and it should appear on your screen. If you don't see one press menu>Show All (do you see it now?) if so highlight it and press Menu>(uncheck Hide Icon) and then follow the previous instruction to move it to the main screen.

Good Luck!

E-
1) worked like a charm. Did just as you said and now mail indicators are restored. Thank you.

2) no gmail in application list, nor is it hidden.

It does show two email icons, but one isn't a specific gmail icon. Maybe I already have it? it's an envelope with a globe in the lower right corner. I set up my two email accounts through the email set up wizard (gmail and a go daddy email account). I guess I was just hoping one could look different from the other b/c one is personal and the other business...

Thanks again!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
Dahmer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

a friend of mine is having problem 1 and a hard reset did not resolve it on her curve. any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
Dahmer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

bump
Closed Thread