Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
pepito77

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Downloading email attachments

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
I'm a new BB user and I'm getting familiar to it.
I have a BB 9000 with BES account.
I noticed that when I open an attachement from the BB, it start to download it from the server, so it is not store anywhere aready in the device.
Is there any way I can set that the BB download automatically the attachement once it receives the email?
In other word I would like the BB to store the attachment somewhere withour telling it to do it.
is it possible?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

I'm afraid that's not possible yet. Maybe in a future OS release. This is a legacy of the Blackberry mail handling architecture from the days of no html/text only email. And because internal storage is limited and critical for proper operation of the BB. Older models never supported memory cards so RIM made you choose what attachments you wanted to save. The extra step is there to preserve as much free internal memory as possible. Kind of like with cars requiring you to put your foot on the brake pedal before it will start. Safety first!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Carrier: Rogers

BES 5.0 just came out today and it looks like you can now save attachments to your SD card by default. If you have an unlimited data plan great if not be weary of over charges that every email you get will download its attachments.

Curious to know why don't you just want to download attachments on demand to slow and you want them there before you want them?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
dave0813
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
BES 5.0 just came out today and it looks like you can now save attachments to your SD card by default. If you have an unlimited data plan great if not be weary of over charges that every email you get will download its attachments.

Curious to know why don't you just want to download attachments on demand to slow and you want them there before you want them?
Where and how do you download BES 5.0?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0813 View Post
Where and how do you download BES 5.0?
It was only just announced not available for download yet.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
grnsl2

Model: 8330
Carrier: Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspan View Post

I can tell you I was looking for this answer as well. I'm newer to BB and WM would allow you to download up to a certain size attachment out of the box. For me, i would allow 250K to download automatically.

i.e. We use Cisco's IPTelephony with VM's that sync with Exchange. Most VM's are that size or less, so it's convenient to be able to look at an email (VM attached) and not have to click and download and wait and wait... Just listen.

My hope was that the Blackberry Attachment Service would do this automatically but the way I'm understanding it is this is just responding to actual requests.
Closed Thread