Old 08-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
velocity92c
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile
Default My last post on BBF...

Please Login to Remove!

It's obviously been a while since I have posted here. I just wanted to say a few things. I was never a power user over here but I learned plenty of valuable information on my BB and smartphones in general.

First, thanks to everyone here, this is a great community and I could always find the answer to any questions I had. Forums make the world go round it seems.

Secondly, I just wanted to recommend to all BB users to give the Android OS a shot. No, I don't work for Google, but having been formerly addicted to a BB I think I can safely say that you will love Android. I was absolutely in love with my Curve and figured to be a BB addict until the day I died until I tried the Droid. It literally does every single thing better than BB's EXCEPT for the keyboard. I don't think anyone will ever top RIM's KB, especially on the Curve.

I tried an iPhone for a few months last year and took it back before I hit the 2 month mark. I liked it but I could never live with a touchscreen only phone. I went back to my BB and was satisfied until I tried a Droid in March of this year. The appeal of it was the hardware KB obviously, as there aren't many Android phones that have a KB.

I have been blown away by how nice the OS is. I can't think of a single thing beyond the KB that I miss from my BB or iPhone. Android phones had a 900% sales growth over the past quarter and by the year will be the leading smartphone platform by far.

Anyway, take it from a former BB addict. Give an Android phone a shot. There are a few more coming out with hardware KB in the next couple months that blow away anything else out there. I felt compelled to come tell my BB brethren just how good Android is.

I know I'll get a lot of 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' types of posts, but I'm just trying to help you out here. I'm sure there are a vast majority of people that will prefer BB over Android for the rest of their lives but I'm telling you, just try it. I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks again for all the help here, and hope you all enjoy the rest of your lives!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Enjoy, I've heard nice things about the Droid.

Come back when you need the BlackBerry again!

**moved to rants and raves section**
Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I couldn't resist. Thanks for being part of the community, and taking the time to share you Droid/Android experience.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

You can also post your new phone info here. HandHeld Forum - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
darkamikaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20d94251
Carrier: AT&T or Cingular

yea. i'm on the fence debating if i should get an android phone or stick to bb.. I'm really eyeing on that slider though.. just cause i'm thinking. What do I really want out of another phone? apps? well I have an itouch for that... a better browser? well os6 is suppose to deliver a way better browser experience.. mmm so I don't know. I get your point. but

Don't let the door hit you on your way out! hehe jk.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
velocity92c
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile

I sure do miss my BB keyboard, hehe. Akos I was going to do a writeup but the link you gave me is invalid. I am browsing from my droid atm but have it set to be recognized as a desktop. It would be ironic for my droid to fail me in a post of me singing its praises! I will definitely check out OS6 as well. Unlike my iphone, I loved my curve(s), just like my droid better. Either way, both are much > iphone/ios.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Use what best meets your needs, or whatever just makes you happy if that's what it's about for you. But that's no reason to leave the forum!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread