Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
abk2369

Model: iPhon
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Went with an iphone

Please Login to Remove!

Are there any forums out there similar to these with people that will help with iphone apps/issues and such?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
rikkieki

Model: 9000
Carrier: Debitel

yes there are a few... but why would you even want to go there? :P

<3
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

yes. one i use is the macrumors forums - iphone section is pretty good. but there are many out there.

another good one: iPhone 3G | iPod touch Forums - EverythingiCafe
Old 03-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
h3LO
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: The Evil Globe

Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com
Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t
Unhappy Please come back!

Don't leave us
Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
Helmdawg

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by david9962000 View Post
Don't leave us
He/she will be back...
Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Enjoy the iPhone but stick around here and let us know how it's going as well!!

Kris
Old 03-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
abk2369

Thanks very much for the suggestions, and I won't leave I just couldn't find any good sites :P
Old 03-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #9
The_conductor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: 313D86F5
Carrier: Sprint

sorry to hear you joined the cult of apple.Hows that black steve jobs shirt fitting you
Old 03-22-2009, 01:03 AM   #10
abk2369

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_conductor View Post
sorry to hear you joined the cult of apple.Hows that black steve jobs shirt fitting you
I could never join apple, they blow. I just got it for 99$ as an upgrade to my blackberry and it wasn't so bad.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
sharpycl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Lu920
PIN: is where your heart is

I just got an iPhone on friday. So far it's going great. Still getting used to the touch screen, but definately a welcomed change for me. The iPhone plan is $20 cheaper than my blackberry plan with Verizon, i didn't really need push email, and was looking for a phone that could be my one in all device. Since most of my music is through iTunes and not a 100 percent iTunes plus upgraded yet, I decided to go with iPhone for a few years until it all is.

I loved my curve 8330. I had it since its release last year. So it's gonna be tough giving it to my bro who is a blackberry user, but I feel this is the right phone for me... for now.

I'll still be hanging around these forums if I'm still welcomed though. This community has always been friendly and helpfull to me.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #12
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpycl View Post
I just got an iPhone on friday. So far it's going great. Still getting used to the touch screen, but definately a welcomed change for me. The iPhone plan is $20 cheaper than my blackberry plan with Verizon, i didn't really need push email, and was looking for a phone that could be my one in all device. Since most of my music is through iTunes and not a 100 percent iTunes plus upgraded yet, I decided to go with iPhone for a few years until it all is.

I loved my curve 8330. I had it since its release last year. So it's gonna be tough giving it to my bro who is a blackberry user, but I feel this is the right phone for me... for now.

I'll still be hanging around these forums if I'm still welcomed though. This community has always been friendly and helpfull to me.
I may go back when the new hardware/iphone OS 3.0 comes out later this year. It looks pretty slick, the software anyway. The only thing at this point that I would really miss about the Blackberry is BB Messenger. Its so damn convenient! We'll have to see, I'm happy with my Bold for now.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #13
sk8blackberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: curve

my mom got an iPhone. i love all the cool apps that go with it and stuff. but in the end blackberry wins cuz the keyboard is easier to use. seprete keys aginst touch screen. both are good phones. but i will take my curve any day.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #14
scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile

my fat fingers> iphone touch screen....

autotext > ALL!

pffft ..does anyone really write thing out anymore? I write in 'short hand and my bb converts to the "proper formal english"

Unfortunately now forever chained to RIM....to bad apple won't allow additional entries to the on-board dictionary
Old 03-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #15
sharpycl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I may go back when the new hardware/iphone OS 3.0 comes out later this year. It looks pretty slick, the software anyway. The only thing at this point that I would really miss about the Blackberry is BB Messenger. Its so damn convenient! We'll have to see, I'm happy with my Bold for now.
I agree.. I miss my messenger buddies. They will be missed. If any of ya see this I miss talkin to you guys.

Honestly the 3.0 update is the reason why I went with iPhone. If it was never gonna pick up MMS and cut/copy/paste I would've never left my BB. OH! and they've add the use of the keyboard in vertical mode. Most apps that i've used thus far already have this and it is FAR more easier to type that way then in horizontal mode.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #16
pypo

Model: 7100T
Carrier: T-Risen

I went with the T-mobile G1.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #17
abk2369

I'm going to post this as an "Update" to my situation, I've had the iphone for a while now and on the first day I jailbroke (I had no idea what I was doing but it was still very simple) and I have been enjoying 3rd party applications since then, I have also got a few apps from the app store and checked them out too. Overall I am very happy with the iPhone and have had 0 problems whatsoever (knock on wood).
Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #18
Giselle9938

Model: none
Carrier: a Cheap company that I'll leave very soon

Quote:

.... I miss you on BBM LOL!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
Giselle9938

Model: none
Carrier: a Cheap company that I'll leave very soon

Quote:
I agree.. I miss my messenger buddies. They will be missed. If any of ya see this I miss talkin to you guys.
I miss you too LOL!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #20
sharpycl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giselle9938 View Post
I miss you too LOL!

there's also the messengers (AIM, Yahoo, or now Windows Live) if you guys still wanna get a hold of me. Just take a look under my avatar to the left of this message and there you'll find me. They are always on- on my phone when I am not near my computer, but alas, i know it's not the same.

Last edited by sharpycl; 03-29-2009 at 08:55 AM..
Closed Thread