Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
miuzique

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Starhub
Default 3rd Party App (CMC Mobile Marketmaker) not working on BB Bold 9700

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, I'm new to the Blackberry world (previously a Nokia E61i user). Decided to get the blackberry bold 9700 as it has a more "corporate" feel. Another reason for the swap is also I found out that it supports this 3rd party application (mobile trading platform from CMC markets) that I use. However, ever since I got the phone a couple of days back, I had not been able to get this application to work at all. Had followed all the instructions from the website regarding download, installation and setup of APN for the specific carrier but none had worked so far. I'm from Singapore and my mobile carrier is Starhub.

Website of the application
Mobile Trading

Installation and setup instructions
CMC Markets Australia - Mobile Marketmaker Setup
CMC Markets Singapore - Mobile phone trading...

The download and installation is fine, but the problem is during the login, where after I input login details and password, it throws up the following message and hangs there:

"Signal interrupted, attempting to reconnect..."

Here are the troubleshoots to try and isolate the crux of the problem:
1) Use the same SIM card on my old Nokia E61i (which supports the trading application) and it works. So I would say there is nothing wrong with my carrier I suppose.

2) There should be nothing wrong with the application either (I had no problems with the download, installation and it should be compatible with my blackberry since the website even provided step by step instructions for the blackberry bold).

3) I had read in some other forums and apparently there are some users experiencing the same problem as I but no resolution for them either. Seems like the problem lies with the OS?
Problem with Java & APN - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ted-on-BB9700/...

I really hope that someone from the Blackberry development team can help me out, troubleshoot and come up with a fix for me as I would have probably wasted a couple of hundreds getting the handset without being able to maximise my needs. Also are there any blackberry support staff for Singapore that I can call relating my problem as well?

If need anymore information to assist anyone to investigate my issue please let me know.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Moved to a more appropriate section

But keep in mind that we are not connected in any way to RIM or to a BB development team. We are all volunteers on an independent Forum made up of BB affectionados and loyalists with a few BB geeks, BES Admins and technical gurus thrown in for good measure. Some of us have no life and others have real jobs, some dealing with BBs, others using them and then there are those of us who happen to like the device anyway.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 04-05-2010 at 12:01 PM..
Closed Thread