BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #81
xsAmar

Model: Perl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

I also know how to unlock the blackberry, If you would like yours unlocked for $25, Just PM me I will get it done for you. 25$ CAN over paypal.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:08 AM   #82
gsmps
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Wedge
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgwynne View Post
Where do these unlock codes come from? Nobody ever seems to ask this! Either they are provided in the form of a database or they are calculated from the IMEI number.

It amazes me that the unlocking community can keep this from getting leaked out onto the net. Back in the old days you could download a peice of software, type in your Nokia IMEI number and voila, your unlock code was generated for you.

So Fr0zen, spill it! Where do the codes come from? I don't want to undermine your business, I just want to understand how it works. Hell, I'd be happy to open a franchise in the Victoria area!

Cheers!

ps. Rogers and Fido have so much of my money after 9 years that I'd unlock phones for nothing!

There is no such thing as an unlock code generator for Blackberrys, and even for the newer Nokia phones there is no generator.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #83
rbgwynne

Model: none
Carrier: fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmps View Post
There is no such thing as an unlock code generator for Blackberrys, and even for the newer Nokia phones there is no generator.
OK, then there must be a process for obtaining them from vendors and carriers... I guess my question will remain unanswered
Old 10-30-2007, 02:49 AM   #84
peterc.

Model: 8100
Carrier: rogers

tell you guys the truth this cory shnauzer whatever your name is mr.fido man.. i work for rogers and im sorry to say this but fido is nothing compared to us fido is only known because of the city fido but thats it now fido plans arent that great at all and also how can you say rogers has no good cx service? excuse me all fido cx service agent dont know anything specially when it comes to data oh my your guys's voice start to shake! im not trying to put you down but dont put down the company thats paying buddy cause remember youre only a fido employee. hah!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:51 AM   #85
peterc.

Carrier: rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
well you cant use a bell phone on telus and vice versa because they are CDMA

now as for Telus or bell unlocking them i dont know, but you should know that rogers and fido are the only GSM providers in canada

and you couldnt have been a rogers wireless customer for 10 years because they havent even been open for ten years

Fido was the first GSM provider in canada and we have barely been open for 10 years lol

I'm not sure about the RIM thing, getting it unlocked voiding the warranty, i have no idea. But i mean there are tons of options out there for you to unlock your Rogers BB for you to use it over seas, so just use that, dont waste the cust service reps time with trying to get an unlock code cuz you wont get it

as for if its legal for them to keep the phone locked, my guess would be yes because the CRTC has yet to say anything, that and Rogers used to unlock phones BUT it costs $250 bucks to do it. its a way of keeping the customers. but now Rogers doesnt care, cuz the only other provider is Fido which is owned by Rogers so either way they are going to get the money from it.

lol either way if you want GSM rogers or fido is the only way to go. and from what i have seen since i have been working with Fido is that Telus and Bell are HORIBLE!!!! not only for customer service but for over charging and not giving a rats ass about you, i can garauntee that Fido will not treat you that way at all! you know how many credits i give out a month, anywhere from 1000-5000$. thats including adjusting errors, accidental roaming, and credits out of my pocket.

No the reason i saw Fido is good is not because i work there, i say that because i have friends on all the networks and OMG they stories out of there mouths is horrid! and on top of it my girlfriend is on rogers and whenever i deal with stuff for her, i swear it takes me about 4-6 calls to get to the right agent and will even look at helping me...

the diff between rogers and fido is everything, the only thing we share is the network. the plans are all diff, the phones, the way we handle out business is all different...
corey can keep on talkin but rogers still owns you... we own you buddy... oh by the way... " we own you " mr. fido.. dont be too proud of your self because we own you!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #86
bb-mike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

@ Peter C - pretty rude aren't you?

Having been a customer of BOTH networks - I can tell you that Fido's customer service voice AND data was far superior to Rogers.

Here's the thing you lose site of in your apparent arrogance. It doesn't matter what's really true - it only matters what customers think. The tone and style of your post does nothing to further your case.

Rogers has a lock on GSM in Canada and as such, gets the best phones available. That is the ONLY reason I am with your network. Your service is terrible and your rates (particularly roaming and data) are the closest thing that I can find to highway robbery. If I had an option - I would be gone in a heartbeat.

You love to point out that Rogers OWNS Fido. Well guess what? At the end of the day - customers OWN Rogers. So welcome to the forums - check the tone of your posts - there's great productive discussions to be had here.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #87
mike_187
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
I can tell you right now, Rogers/Fido will not give an unlock code, no matter what the reason. We both have deleted all software and programs needed to generate one.

Me being an employee and knowing everyone in tech support, and i still couldnt get one...

so no matter how much you threaten to cancel, or leave or say your going over seasa you will not get one... sorry

thats not true, they dont use generators, but databases sent from the manufacturer for all the IMEI shipped to them. i cant tell you what i do or where, but i know for a fact they do have the codes.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:51 PM   #88
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Posters in this thread need to calm down--how does this thread get dug up every so often just to turn into a brawl again?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:10 AM   #89
fr0zen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_187 View Post
thats not true, they dont use generators, but databases sent from the manufacturer for all the IMEI shipped to them. i cant tell you what i do or where, but i know for a fact they do have the codes.
i agree....

anyways JSanders is right, this thread is getting a little out of hand
My Feedback
Old 10-31-2007, 09:13 AM   #90
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Boredomn maybe?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #91
_lotus_

Model: pearl
Carrier: Fido
Default Is fr0zen still around?

Hi, my first post here.

Sent fr0zen a PM but noticed he hasn't posted in a bout a week.

Anyone know if he's still around?

Thanks,

_lotus_
Old 11-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #92
fr0zen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

pm replied...and oh yeaaaa..im still around I love this forum
My Feedback
Old 11-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #93
MeiYi

Model: 8300
Carrier: O2
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
There seems to be a lot of support for Adam from GSMPhoneSource yet I have had nothing but problems. I placed the order on Monday July 30. It says the service is 2 days, yet he won't respond to my phone calls or emails. I received one email a week after I placed the order asking me to double check my IMEI number but it was correct and I verified it again. It looks like I'm out the $65 I paid for the service so I wanted to warn others out there to be mindful. Perhaps I'm the exception to rule, at least that's what it appears like from this thread, but I figured I would let others know of my experience.
I am having problem contacting Adam from GSMPhoneSource... I heard about his unlocking service on this forum and payment was sent on 31st Oct (18 days ago) PayPal Transaction ID: 68644516DE4874415.

I didn't receive anything after waiting patiently for 2 weeks, so I emailed him 3 days ago. He isn't replying to my email either.

Please let me know what is happening, Adam...

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #94
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

odd, i just had him unlock my 8300 from him last week, are you sure your emails are going through?

i believe he is on this forum as well try searching his name and send him a PM
Old 11-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #95
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiYi View Post
I am having problem contacting Adam from GSMPhoneSource... I heard about his unlocking service on this forum and payment was sent on 31st Oct (18 days ago) PayPal Transaction ID: 68644516DE4874415.

I didn't receive anything after waiting patiently for 2 weeks, so I emailed him 3 days ago. He isn't replying to my email either.

Please let me know what is happening, Adam...

Thanks.
Adam here:

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
Old 11-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #96
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2165f8ed

oooohh.....this is an exciting thread, i tell ya. hahaha
have my pop corn out and am enjoying myself, yes sir...
people arguing, and, insulting each other, and, talking about stuff that has nothing to do with them, and that they have no power over, or say in, and has absolutely no reason to be on this forum...
LUV IT!!
Its just like reality TV, except in print.
lol
man, this blunt i rolled is burnin' the illest way i'd have ever seen....LOL

Last edited by MaxPayne79; 11-17-2007 at 07:07 PM..
Old 11-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #97
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BB 8860: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPayne79
oooohh.....this is an exciting thread, i tell ya. hahaha
have my pop corn out and am enjoying myself, yes sir...
people arguing, and, insulting each other, and, talking about stuff that has nothing to do with them, and that they have no power over, or say in, and has absolutely no reason to be on this forum...
LUV IT!!
Its just like reality TV, except in print.
lol
man, this blunt i rolled is burnin' the illest way i'd have ever seen....LOL
I don't see any new arguing going on....
Old 11-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #98
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2165f8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Wirelessly posted (BB 8860: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I don't see any new arguing going on....
Previous page between cory and gizmo...good stuff.
Same argument i've been hearing for years...ain't nottin' changed and ain't nottin' gonna change.

"cash fuels everything around me, cream get the money, dollar dollar bill ya'll"
-method man
Old 11-17-2007, 11:57 PM   #99
hoedepot604

Carrier: tmobile

Ebay... my buddy has done a bunch of 8100's each for under $20..
Old 11-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #100
sidewazegtsr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 20659802

HAHA, no way is this you too Cory?

Cory's 1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-T - GTRCanada - Canada's premier skyline enthusiasts club

Small world dude .

Sorry for the off topic guys, just kinda blew me away that I'm not the only GTRC member here.

Anyway, with this unlocking I may do as I have friend of a friend who does this stuff. Granted I don't really travel outside of Canada but if the day happens to come at least I'll be able to just buy a sim card from another provider, slap it in and talk without paying HUGE roaming charges.
Closed Thread