Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:22 PM   #1
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t
Default 7520 DTM V3.6 vs V4.0 Help

Please Login to Remove!

I have the 7520 from Nextel. Great BB I love it. But I need some help. I am running the desktop redirector for my corp. e-mail, they won’t let me on the BES because I am not a senior manager. I am also running the web client for my personal e-mail. I was told that I had to run the DM V3.6 because when I initially installed V4.0 it stopped letting me send e-mail about a week later. I could only receive. I was told leave the generate keys manually checked and never again generate a key by moving the mouse around. It is working great, I haven’t logged into a yahoo, hotmail, or charter account in weeks.

Now moving along on my BB skills I am looking to add some more applications, I got the Berry 411 OTA and it works great, I installed Reqwireless Corp. Web Viewer when I 1st got the BB, while I was using the DTM V4.0. Now that I have downgraded to V3.6 it seems as if I can’t use the application loader with V3.6 to install BBLight, BBSpellcheck, BBToday.

From my searches I did AFTER posting my many questions “SORRY” I see that it looks like I need to use DTM V4.0 to install these applications. I have some questions because all 3 levels of Nextel’s support used the same OUT, ohhh we don’t support 3rd party software.

1. Do I need to have the DTM V4.0 to install these applications? My OS is 4.0.0.160, I got that from Options & “About”.
2. Can I install DTM V4.0 on my home computer and not have it do anything but allow me to install applications? The redirector and DTM V3.6 is running on my work CPU.
3. Is their any way other than BES for me to wireless sync, and open attachments. I currently forward my attachment e-mails to my blackberry account but it seems like I only get about half of the attachments I forward, I can’t see the reasoning for why get some and not others just yet…any ideas.

Thanks again….
Old 04-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I use the 4.0 on my nextel 7520 and I am running or have run all of the above mentions products the weather how ever I have to turn the firewall off to get it to run
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Update

Update:

Installed DTM V4.o on my PC @ home, I didn’t sync just installed it. I am very please to say that I now have BB Light, BB Today, BB Spell-check, Berry 411 all running flawlessly. I can’t thank all you developers enough, I am a terrible speller, and I am typing this in word to check prior to pasting it into the forum. Anyway thanks again…

One thing I am now going to do some searching on is how I can add the BUD stock on my BB Today screen.

For Nextel 7520 users here is some info I hope it helps folks like me:

I have:
Nextel 7520 running the redirector and web client, OS is V4; I use DTM V4 on my home PC to load applications only. I use DTM V3.6 on my work PC to sync with. To read attachments I forward them to my Blackberry e-mail account, I am running BB Light, BB Today, BB Spell-checker, Berry 411, and Reqwireless Web Viewer. A hard rest after installing the spell checker solved a no service book entry found error I was getting. Also I disabled the MDS Proxy.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #4
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

I also have the 7520 and I run BBToday fine. The weather nevers goes up by upon loading the app but does it when I manually select refresh from the menu option.

Which brings the question, what are the consequences of turning your firewall off?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #5
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have never turned my firewall on....
Old 06-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #6
ashoush
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

One of the best suggestions on how to get around the redirector situation that Nextel has put their customers in. Thank you very much.
Closed Thread