Old 11-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
valevh

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: mobistar
Default Error messages and not possible to connect on Computer

Please Login to Remove!

Hi!
I have a Blackberry Javelin since september and last week I did for the first time a syncronization, everything went perfect. Since Saturday I have several problems!
1) Can't connect my blackberry anymore on the computer, saying it could connect, check if the device is well connected.

After restaring it
2) uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(63) is not responding; process terminated

3) Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointer.Exception

4) I have 4 unread messages on my screen and all messages are read.

I already deleted all my email accounts, installed applications, sometime it even get completely blocked or is really slowly, did a soft(alt+Ctrl+del) and a hard reset (pull out the battery) ... NO SOLUTION, PLEASE I will aprreciate some help.
Thank you in advance
Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

What all did you do with the blackberry immediately prior to having these problems? If you intalled something that was buggy or not compatible, I'm not 100% sure deleting it would necessarily stop the problems.

Also, do you use a microSD memory card in the blackberry? If so, remove it for the time being and see if you can connect to DM and if the errors stop.

And, if change USB ports if you still have trouble. Don't use a hub. Don't use a keyboard port. If you are using a laptop or netbook, try a destop, and try different usb ports.

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-30-2009 at 11:52 AM..
Old 12-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
valevh

What all did you do with the blackberry immediately prior to having these problems?
I made a syncronization on my Laptop and after that I installed several application through Blackberry App World (drivesafely, bebuzz led, upgrated version of facebook (1.7.0.22), daily horoscope, interlecta translator, pixelated, quicksearch googleweather eye, calorie counter by fatsecret). all of them came from BB App World.

If you intalled something that was buggy or not compatible, I'm not 100% sure deleting it would necessarily stop the problems.
--> w<hat should I do then? is there any option?

Also, do you use a microSD memory card in the blackberry? If so, remove it for the time being and see if you can connect to DM and if the errors stop.
My BB came with a SD 250KB card, I will remove it later and try it.

For the other stuff I will try it at home tonight. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

First thing, you need to get the blackberry to connect to desktop manager. If you have been unable to accomplish this after removing the media card and after trying all USB ports directly on the computer, I'm thinking the following:

Plug into a wall charger and see if the blackberry shows it is charging. If not, that could be an indication that the USB is faulty. Manipulate the connection very slightly to see if you can get the blackberry to show it is charging. If the blackberry charging indicator comes and goes with that slight manipulation, then it would seem there is a mechanical failure in the connection.

If the blackberry shows that it is charging when using a wall charger, then try a security wipe, and select the option to wipe 3rd party applications as well. Afterward, try connecting to desktop manager via USB again. If you don't get a connection on the first USB, try the others.

At that point, if you still haven't been able to connect, then I guess try the procedure listed at http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...nnect_and_wipe and see if you can manage to connect and wipe the blackberry, then reinstall the operating system

See what others say. Those are the steps I would take if I were in your spot.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
Shanebuilt

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Having the same issue

I am having the exact same issue with my 9800 (T-Mobile). The Desktop manager shows the device connected, but shows "Active Device (PIN): none. This started happening yesterday. My e-mail icons are no longer found and while the home screen shown several new messages, I can only see those from one of my three accounts and I can't open those.
Any luck with a solution or any other suggestions?
Help!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanebuilt
I am having the exact same issue with my 9800 (T-Mobile). The Desktop manager shows the device connected, but shows "Active Device (PIN): none. This started happening yesterday. My e-mail icons are no longer found and while the home screen shown several new messages, I can only see those from one of my three accounts and I can't open those.
Any luck with a solution or any other suggestions?
Help!
As far as missing email icons on the blackberry, resend service books.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...rvice_books%3F

As far as connecting to desktop manager, I don't have any new ideas.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
valevh

Thanks IRA! I rebooted my bberry and since then no more problems, I just had to reconfigure everything, but many thanks!!!
greetings
Closed Thread