Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
dshipmon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20DC9BDA
Carrier: AT&T
Default How do I find out????

Please Login to Remove!

I have a very bad memory leak. Is there a way to find out which application is causing this? I go to my switch application and the standard that stays there is the only thing listed. I find myself doing a quickpull at least twice (I have one scheduled for 3am everyday).
Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Can you list here the apps you have running (other than the base five of homescreen, Call log, BBM, messages and Browser)? Make sure the browser is not on an active web page.

Options > Advanced > Applications, whats there (don't list the core apps).

The top memory hog apps (in my opinion) are BBWeather, Viigo, almost any mapping/GPS program in use (BBMaps, GoogleMaps, TeleNav).
Old 04-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
dshipmon
Thumbs Must Hurt

[QUOTE=JSanders;1355798]Can you list here the apps you have running (other than the base five of homescreen, Call log, BBM, messages and Browser)? Make sure the browser is not on an active web page.

BBNotePad, bbreader, BBsmart alarms Pro, BerryUnitConverter, Bible, Bill Log, captureIt, Date Reminder, eoffice, EmpowerMailViewer, Live Search, Mapqeustmobile, Marriott mobile, memopad, memoryup, mobile banking, opera mini, phase 10, quickpull, splashshopper, TeleNav, Tell me, viigo, xplayer, yahoo go, yahoo messenger, yellowpages.com

On my switch application I have: call log, push to talk, home screen, empowermailviewer, blackberryalerts, bbsmart alarms pro, browser, messages, blackberry messenger
Old 04-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Oh, and I assume we are talking about memory file free dropping severely in a short period of time?

Several of those apps could... especially the ones that connect to the net for data, like Viigo (especially if it is not closed/exited. Its gives a choice). Yahoo Messenger can probably built up a fairly good log file if it logs convos. Same with Yahoo Go, constantly collecting data, updating news/weather, etc.

I don't know what phase10 is.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
dshipmon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Oh, and I assume we are talking about memory file free dropping severely in a short period of time?

Several of those apps could... especially the ones that connect to the net for data, like Viigo (especially if it is not closed/exited. Its gives a choice). Yahoo Messenger can probably built up a fairly good log file if it logs convos. Same with Yahoo Go, constantly collecting data, updating news/weather, etc.

I don't know what phase10 is.
Yes, we are talking about memory file free dropping.

No that you mention it, I just installed yahoo go and yahoo messenger, and that's about the time it all started. Thank you for causing me to think. I think it may be the yahoo go, (constantly collecting date/updating). I will remove it and see how that works.

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Good luck.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

[QUOTE=dshipmon;1355806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Can you list here the apps you have running (other than the base five of homescreen, Call log, BBM, messages and Browser)? Make sure the browser is not on an active web page.

BBNotePad, bbreader, BBsmart alarms Pro, BerryUnitConverter, Bible, Bill Log, captureIt, Date Reminder, eoffice, EmpowerMailViewer, Live Search, Mapqeustmobile, Marriott mobile, memopad, memoryup, mobile banking, opera mini, phase 10, quickpull, splashshopper, TeleNav, Tell me, viigo, xplayer, yahoo go, yahoo messenger, yellowpages.com

On my switch application I have: call log, push to talk, home screen, empowermailviewer, blackberryalerts, bbsmart alarms pro, browser, messages, blackberry messenger
That's a lot of apps to leave running. I wouldn't leave anything I'm not actively using running (except IM), and especially not TeleNav or any other mapping application.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:55 AM   #8
smith67
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange

Wirelessly posted

I stopped using and uninstalled yahoo go as it was like putting a ball and chain around my phone - man did it slow it down!
Closed Thread