bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs down I too am worried

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs View Post
all useless until my battery lasts more than 6 hours...
I never had an issue but I seem to be running out of battery big time since 5.0.4. I don't know if it has to do with my other post regarding the network being down and IM+ constantly trying to connect, but this won't fly if I can't even make it through a day without a charge. ShapeServices what's the deal?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #102
bjchantry

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Connect off and on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
Please send us a log selecting "Support" / "Send request" from IM+ menu.

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
SHAPE Services - Software for PDA and mobiles: MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MySpace, Jabber, LCS, Sametime, Oracle, Reuters, Skype
It has been connecting off and on today, not very happy, killing battery big time. It is clearly not my firewall or MDS, will send the report.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #103
murzik

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
Windows Live messenger and trillian.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #104
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by murzik View Post
Windows Live messenger and trillian.
Thanks for this information!
We will investigate this situation.

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
SHAPE Services - Software for PDA and mobiles: MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MySpace, Jabber, LCS, Sametime, Oracle, Reuters, Skype
Old 06-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #105
rkkeller

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wow I must be the luckiest IM+ 5 user as I get no disconnects, rarely have a problem, battery life is 1 day same as JT and its working just well.

Last edited by rkkeller; 06-26-2007 at 12:31 PM..
Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #106
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T

The deal buster for IM+ (for me) is that you cannot have links in IM+ a feature supported in JiveTalk. Also, you cannot set notifications in your profiles....

I really REALLY want to use IM+ over JiveTalk...the interface is much better but these 2 features are ones I must have
Old 06-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #107
ssnxp
Thumbs Must Hurt

1. All notifications can be customized in one window.
VERY nice.

2. Notifications about incoming messages and online alerts now have an IM+ logo
I leave the pop up notifications off, but I see how this would help.

3. For 4.2 OS BlackBerry devices a feature has been added that allows to set custom sounds for notifications and alerts. Please share how useful this feature is.
Instead of enable/disable or set custom, would you rather have, a list of sounds to choose from or a custom sound for each notification.
Please share your thoughts on how you wish the sounds to work in the application.
EXTREMELY useful, the default sound is.. not so great. I like how Jivetalk has it in the sound profile of the BB, but this way works just as fine.

4. Setting shortcuts feature has been added. What notifications should be present here and what key combinations should be used for them?
The only thing that bugs me is that you have to press the trackball twice to open a group in the buddylist.

5. Page up/Page down for contact list has been added (in list mode only)
I use tree mode, list mode is much too long.

6..You may now scroll up and down even when you are focused on the notification icon up on the top of the screen.
Turned off the notifications anyways, but now that I see this, I may turn them back on!

7. An option to jump up directly to notification has been added.
Very useful, saves a LOT of time.

8. A floating message with the sender’s name and the message appear beside the notification icon.
Useful when quickly eyeballing the IMs.

9. Fixed the issue with sounds on BlackBerry 7100
I'm on a Pearl (:

10. You may view the clock with the current time and the battery charge up on the top of the window
Very nice, but it would be even better if we could view them during conversations.

11. Some bugfixes and improvements
Thanks.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:30 AM   #108
DT2

Model: 7290
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Bugs / improvements

A couple of things I noticed:

- when you leave a conversation and return to the user list the selection bar is often on the contact below the one you just talked to and the contact you did talk to is also highlighted. Makes it very confusing. I reported this same issue for version 5.0.3 by mail as well, but have added it here just in case it was missed.

- I would like to have an option to use vibration for Online Alerts instead of sounds. My phone is switched to silent most of the time so vibrate works better.

- It is possible to add new status texts in the Change Global Status dialog but I haven't been abe to remove them later. This means the list continues to grow whenever you add a new status. Also, by upgrading from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 the list was reset and I lost all my custom messages.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #109
rkkeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
The deal buster for IM+ (for me) is that you cannot have links in IM+

When someone sends you a link open the menu and click on "Go to URL". That works for me and takes me right to the webpage.

IM+ had this feature LONG, even YEARS, before JT or any other IM program did. I think since version 2 or 3.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #110
rkkeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT2 View Post
- I would like to have an option to use vibration for Online Alerts instead of sounds. My phone is switched to silent most of the time so vibrate works better.

Go the settings, notifications and turn the volume to mute and the vibrate option to whatever you want. The vibrate is adjustable from .5 to 5 seconds.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #111
rkkeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
Fixed the issue with sounds on BlackBerry 7100
I'm on a Pearl (:

It didnt need to be fixed for the Pearl as it already works.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #112
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?

Whenever someone sends me a link, it is not highlighted...? How can i select this link?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #113
rkkeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
Whenever someone sends me a link, it is not highlighted...? How can i select this link?

I have the Pearl and on the Pearl you move the cursor up and then down, not sideways. Then once highlighted the "go to URL" menu selection appears.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #114
ssnxp
Thumbs Must Hurt

A few little annoyances:

1. Buddies should stay in their buddy list, even during conversations. As of now, the buddy is moved to the "Conversations" list.
2. Buddy lists must be clicked, then clicked again to expand. It would be easier if the list would open with one click.
3. Away, return, sign ons and offs should be logged in the conversation. Mabye it's just me, but I like seeing when someone went away and came back.

Other then that, very solid.

Oh, and one MAJOR annoyance:

When the phone is switched to vibrate, the sound notifications for IM+ are still turned out. We have to manually go into the IM+ notification settings and put it on mute. Just a bit of extra hassle, as I'm turning my phone on and off vibrate all day.

Last edited by ssnxp; 06-27-2007 at 03:11 PM..
Old 06-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #115
ssnxp
Thumbs Must Hurt

I thought beta was until tomorrow (the 28th). I just got a message saying that it's over, and now I have to download the full version.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #116
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Default Beta-testing is finished!

Dear beta-testers!

Thank you for participating in beta-testing of IM+ for Blackberry, v.5.0!
We appreciate all comments and sent logs!

SHAPE Services is glad to inform you that beta-testing is finished.
Final version 5.0.5 is available on our Web-site:
and on our WAP-site:
wap.shapeservices.com

Our developers have taken into consideration all your wishes and comments. Some of them are implemented in version 5.0.5, some will be implemented in next releases.

We recommend you to uninstall beta version before installation of new one.
If you are registered user of IM+, you can upgrade absolutely free.

20 most active beta-testers will be awarded by free licences for IM+ or for another SHAPE Services' Blackberry application by their choice. I will post a list a bit later.

If you haven't got a licence got yet, you have a chance to purchase IM+ with 20% discount.

Alternatively you can buy another application: Gmail Mobile, IM+ for Skype Software, RDM+ , TSMobiles, DeskFinder, VR+ or VNC+ with 20% discount.
See full list of available Blackberry applications on our sites.

Discount code will be sent by email or in private message.

Thanks once more to everybody!

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #117
DT2

Model: 7290
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
Go the settings, notifications and turn the volume to mute and the vibrate option to whatever you want. The vibrate is adjustable from .5 to 5 seconds.
That works fine for incomming messages but doesn't work when you've turned on alert notifications if someone comes online.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #118
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100c
PIN: 2406A5FB

I bought a copy for PocketPC which was much cheaper. So there is no way im spending double for the exact same program just because the company has decided that the BlackBerry should be more expensive. I mean get real .... why is it more expensive than the other versions? It has the same features. They just have a thing with Blackberry and taking advantage of its users just because we will pay more?

I have always disliked this maneuver from companies ... price gouging for no reason other than the fact suckers will pay more for it. I can't believe I gave money twice for two Windows Mobile versions for my phone and my wifes. Never again I tell you.

Last edited by nuopus; 06-28-2007 at 12:05 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #119
jax80
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

connecting hasn't been a problem...but viewing the away messages for AOL users does not seem to work for me
Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #120
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuopus View Post
I bought a copy for PocketPC which was much cheaper. So there is no way im spending double for the exact same program just because the company has decided that the BlackBerry should be more expensive. I mean get real .... why is it more expensive than the other versions? It has the same features. They just have a thing with Blackberry and taking advantage of its users just because we will pay more?

I have always disliked this maneuver from companies ... price gouging for no reason other than the fact suckers will pay more for it. I can't believe I gave money twice for two Windows Mobile versions for my phone and my wifes. Never again I tell you.
Actually, you do not have to repurchase IM+.
We offer our customers favourable cross-grade conditions.
You have purchased IM+ for WM Pocket PC for $39.95.
IM+ for Blackberry costs $49.95, which is $10 more.

In order to change the licence you may send us $10 (for each copy).

Victoria
IM+ Support Team
SHAPE Services
Closed Thread