Old 09-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
GeoGiant
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Can't get 5.0 Manager Installed

Please Login to Remove!

I get 1/2 way thru the install and I get "Error 1904 Module C:|Program Files|Research in Motion|Blackberry|1S71 Connectors|ISG GroupWise 6.5.X|GW.dll failed to register".

Anybody have any idea what i need to do to install this program?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
GeoGiant
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Solved it! The cause of the problem has to do with the Windows Registry not having permission to to register the files. This is not a hard problem to fix. Here is what I did if anyone runs into this problem.

1. Download the SubInACL tool and install it (google search it). By default it will install to c:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

2. If you are running Windows Vista, click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then Accessories, then right-click on the item named Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

3. If you are running an OS other than Windows Vista (I run XP with serivce pack 3), go to the Start menu, choose Run, type cmd and click OK

4. Type notepad reset.cmd and click yes to create a new file named reset.cmd

5. Copy and paste the following contents into reset.cmd and then save and close it -

cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=%USERNAME%=f /setowner=administrators > %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=%USERNAME%=f /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive%\ /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=e >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=e >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt

6. Type reset.cmd and press enter to run the SubInACL tool. This tool will take several minutes to run ( like 30 minutes in my case), and it requires that the user account you are using has administrator privileges on the system. This is why it is necessary to run it from an elevated cmd prompt on Windows Vista. Step 2 above can be used to start an elevated cmd prompt on Windows Vista.

7. After reset.cmd completes, we can manually register the failed DLL files.

Navigate to the directory that the DLL files are in and register them.
Type cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.X\ and hit enter.
Type regsvr32 gw.dll and hit enter
Type gwapi.dll and hit enter
Type cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Desktop Setup\ and hit enter
Type regsvr32 DesktopSetup_pb.dll and hit enter
Type C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Action Engine\ and hit enter
Type regsvr32 SyncAE_pb.dll and hit enter

That's it. I hope this saves someone the hours I spent trying......
Old 09-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Moved to Rim Software section
Old 10-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
mrbrown

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Having the same problem. Went through the steps above, notta. Dont have Vista either. Spent 3hrs on the phone with RIM tech and they couldn't do shit for me. What now???
Old 10-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
09blazen

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers
Default This Sulution Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGiant View Post
Solved it! The cause of the problem has to do with the Windows Registry not having permission to to register the files. This is not a hard problem to fix. Here is what I did if anyone runs into this problem.

1. Download the SubInACL tool and install it (google search it). By default it will install to c:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

2. If you are running Windows Vista, click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then Accessories, then right-click on the item named Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

3. If you are running an OS other than Windows Vista (I run XP with serivce pack 3), go to the Start menu, choose Run, type cmd and click OK

4. Type notepad reset.cmd and click yes to create a new file named reset.cmd

5. Copy and paste the following contents into reset.cmd and then save and close it -

cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=%USERNAME%=f /setowner=administrators > %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=%USERNAME%=f /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive%\ /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=e >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=e >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt

6. Type reset.cmd and press enter to run the SubInACL tool. This tool will take several minutes to run ( like 30 minutes in my case), and it requires that the user account you are using has administrator privileges on the system. This is why it is necessary to run it from an elevated cmd prompt on Windows Vista. Step 2 above can be used to start an elevated cmd prompt on Windows Vista.

7. After reset.cmd completes, we can manually register the failed DLL files.

Navigate to the directory that the DLL files are in and register them.
Type cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.X\ and hit enter.
Type regsvr32 gw.dll and hit enter
Type gwapi.dll and hit enter
Type cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Desktop Setup\ and hit enter
Type regsvr32 DesktopSetup_pb.dll and hit enter
Type C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Action Engine\ and hit enter
Type regsvr32 SyncAE_pb.dll and hit enter

That's it. I hope this saves someone the hours I spent trying......
I had the same problem and this solution worked. However, I still took a couple of hours.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
AimlessRolling

Carrier: AT&T

Awesome fix, worked like a charm.

error codes:

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.x\GW.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.x\GWApi.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Desktop Setup\DesktopSetup_pb.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Action Engine
SyncAE_pb.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. Contact your support personnel.

Ran the above reset.cmd file and manually registered as stated. Good as new.

Blackberry:
Software Name: 5.0.0 B28 Multilanguage - With Media Manager
Fine Name: 500_b28_multilanguage.exe
Download size: 307.746 MB
Published Date: 07/17/2009
Old 11-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
AimlessRolling

Carrier: AT&T

Upgraded to 5.1, same exact problem, followed above procedure to fix it. Getting very bored very quickly with having to do this.

wrote a BATCH file to handle the registering:

------------start batch file--------------
c:

cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.X\
regsvr32 gw.dll
regsvr32 gwapi.dll
pause

cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Desktop Setup\
regsvr32 DesktopSetup_pb.dll
puse

cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Action Engine\
regsvr32 SyncAE_pb.dll
pause

------------end batch file--------------

cheers!
Closed Thread