BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
leightaft

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Default EXPERT HELP NEEDED: 8330 Keybd Many Trblshooting Steps Taken Already!

Please Login to Remove!

I have an 8330- purchased new from Best Buy (Jan 2010- so roughly 1.5yrs old). It's for Boost Mobile Unltd Blackberry plan which has been great! Within last few weeks, I have had trouble with the keyboard. In order, here's what began to happen:
1. I often "lock" the phone while working & place into my pocket. (Note: I do not perform any type of work that would expose it or my clothing to water, moisture, etc.) The first problem was that I'd have to press the keyboard repeatedly to "unlock" my phone.
2. While phone's unlocked a call will come in & the answer function/button does not respond. Same if I attempt to make a call or text. Often times, the track ball will scroll/respond, but not always during these times.
3. From a night's charge or removing the battery & leaving out over 24hrs, the phone will power up & not respond at all- goes to home screen, then black & keyboard nor track ball responds.
~After reading a few forums, I've done the following:
Removed track ball & keyboard & cleaned thoroughly. The indicator within the battery area is white; I've never exposed the phone to water, etc. I ordered a new keyboard thinking that would do the trick, but no change after installing.
Today I successfully reinstalled the operating system onto the phone. At first, all keyboard buttons seemed to work great. But after about 10 or 15 various functions (I'd lost all contacts, info, & was trying to update them again) it all began again.
From another forum suggesting moisture is the culprit & a tried-and-tested trick, I now have the phone submerged in dry rice. It's suggested that even if the phone hasn't been exposed to water, it can still suffer problems with moisture damage. The kicker: I live in Mobile, Alabama. We are right along the coast & heat along with very high humidity is a constant here. I plan to leave it submerged in the rice for 24hrs.
Please, if anyone has any other suggestions, let me know!! This is my last ditch effort before I throw out another $200 for a new blackberry.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
pshift
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ...
PIN: N/A. Went To Android!
Carrier: Busy Signal :)
Default Re: EXPERT HELP NEEDED: 8330 Keybd Many Trblshooting Steps Taken Already!

I used to have an 8330. How much memory do you have left on this device? It will fill up quick, especially with OS 5.0 installed.
Closed Thread