Old 04-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Default BBMessenger Version 1.094

Please Login to Remove!

If anyone has the .jad file or the .cod file for this version please either post it or message me about my obtaining it from you. I know you can download it via OTA, but I am obssesive and want to always keep a copy that I can install via my desktop manager and right now I cant fine it. I already tried to obtain it from my BB via BB_Manager but it does not show up in there. Thanks.

EDIT - Unless someone knows the system file name for the BBMessenger so that I can retrieve it that way.

Edit 2- I found it so never mind.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 04-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #2
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
Edit 2- I found it so never mind.
Ooh come on, don’t keep it a secret. Where did you find it?

<<<----- Too lazy to look for it.

-MrKyoo
Old 04-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
KonTiki

Just searching I went to my older version and found the names of the cod files in there, then using bb_manager and unhiding the system files I searched for those names (net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod, net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_en.cod, net_rim_bb_smileys_default.cod) and copied them to my pc, created a new alx file and there it is. The only problem I have is that now the apps loader wants to downgrade, have to figure out how to have it recognize the files installed on the bb and making them match the new ones i created on my pc. When I do I will post that too.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 04-07-2006 at 09:20 PM..
Old 04-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #4
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

What did you rename all 4 files to? (3 COD files and the 1 Create_alx file)

Did you try uninstalling the BBMessenger on your BB first before installing the new created files with Desktop Manager?

-MrKyoo
Old 04-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
KonTiki

I set up a different subfolder, in here i left the names just as they came accross. I unistalled the old which was 1.094 from OTA, and reinstalled but somehow it installed the 1.092. I then went OTA after unistalling it and reinstalled the 1.094, now when I run application loader it sees it and says it has to downgrade even though i have the new one in there, so if i add anything new to the BB it will downgrade me, so I dont know how to get around this I am in a bit worse shape than I started from since before i had 1.094 and apps loader was fine. So I have to play some more unless you have any suggestions for me to try.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 04-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #6
bbuser06

Model: 7100t

Do you know if it is possible save or monitor messages from one BB to another BB using the BES server ?
Old 04-08-2006, 01:06 PM   #7
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuser06
Do you know if it is possible save or monitor messages from one BB to another BB using the BES server ?
4.1 BES enables auditing of Pin to Pin messages.

Here is what it does from jibi:

It synchronizes the PIN messages database on the local handheld to a CSV-formatted file on the BES server. This will contain all PIN messages - not just those sent by the user. This 'auditing' functionality is disabled by default, but can be enabled via IT Policy. It is not an encrypted file (plain-text csv). By default, it logs to the \Logs directory under the BES installation directory (as PINLog_YYYYMMDD.CSV), although you can specify another location that won't affect the other log files (an audit log root directory). Once in this location, you can place extremely restrictive permissions on the directory/share. All messages are logged in a single log file, but since its CSV, you can open in Excel or some other CSV reader and sort by Name.ID (which will contain their name and BES UID - Last, First.124) to individualize it. This is the same for SMS messages and Phone Call logs (although the latter is enabled by default; if a call was dialed from or received by an entry in a user's local address book, it will put that name/entry as the identification, along with their number).

It contains the following in the log file (when applicable):

Name.ID
PIN
Email Address
Type of Message
To
Cc
Bcc
From
Subject
Body
Send/Received Date