Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
newkidscotland

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Blacklist problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all, my ex partner had her sim card in my blackberry 9780 and decided to report her sim as stolen when we broke up and her carrier blacklisted my phone as it was the last registered imei connected to that sim, i have since explained to her carrier (vodafone) what happened and they have removed the blacklist.

My problem is ever since the blacklist has been removed i havent been able to use my blackberry on my own provider (o2) but can on any other provider here in the uk

I have been told by o2 that some blackberrys when the blacklist is removed it doesnt always clear the blacklist of the sim that was in the phone at the time the blacklist becomes active which means the phone to me is basically useless

Is the info o2 have giving me correct or is there a way round this? i will be contacting vodafone tomorrow and explaining to them that i feel they should be giving me a new phone as the blacklist was malicious from my ex and since i have proof of purchase they should be giving me a phone that works
Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Blacklist problem

So you caused the problem and expect the carrier to fix it by giving you a free phone????. The phone is reported stolen and RIM has also locked it. You can try calling your carrier and see if they can get it removed. Dont bet on it. Lesson learned, painful but learned.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
newkidscotland

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2

I didnt cause the problem, she took my phone and put her sim in it. Vodafone who blacklisted the phone have removed it but it hasnt removed the blacklist on o2 which is what I need it for. The police were involved as after she reported her sim stolen she also caused £800 worth of damage to my car and was promptly arressted and charged by them.

The police have backed me up by stating it was a malicious act by her to have the phone blacklisted so as far as i am concerned vodafone dont really have much of an option.

My question wasnt about that tho, i have been told that some blackberrys once blacklisted and then unblacklisted wont remove the blacklist of the sim that was in the phone when the blacklist became active. It was meant to be a problem that blackberry resolved but only on the newer blackberrys and im presuming the 9780 isnt a newer one as ive had it for almost a year.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
jmwking
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
So you caused the problem and expect the carrier to fix it by giving you a free phone????. The phone is reported stolen and RIM has also locked it. You can try calling your carrier and see if they can get it removed. Dont bet on it. Lesson learned, painful but learned.
Pretty harsh.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Yet accurate...
Closed Thread