BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
SophieDancer

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default BIG delay on receiving emails - they now all arrive at once, twice a day

Please Login to Remove!

For the last 2 weeks my emails and FB messages have not been being delivered to my Blackberry Bold 9780, as the time they are sent to me. I get no emails for approx 6hrs and then ALL emails etc are delivered at once. This is useless to me, and defeats, for me, the point of having a Blackberry. The same applies to my BBM. Messages are now delivered hours after the time they have been sent. I do not want to remove battery, rest it, and re-install, because last time I did this, half my Contacts were lost. Please could someone help?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
jmwking
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: BIG delay on receiving emails - they now all arrive at once, twice a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieDancer View Post
For the last 2 weeks my emails and FB messages have not been being delivered to my Blackberry Bold 9780, as the time they are sent to me. I get no emails for approx 6hrs and then ALL emails etc are delivered at once. This is useless to me, and defeats, for me, the point of having a Blackberry. The same applies to my BBM. Messages are now delivered hours after the time they have been sent. I do not want to remove battery, rest it, and re-install, because last time I did this, half my Contacts were lost. Please could someone help?
I suspect there was a different cause and effect the first time you did a reset: If pulling your battery caused you to lose contacts, something is very wrong with your phone or whatever needed the battery pull had also done in the contacts.

You can always back up your BB to your computer and try a battery pull again. Even if it wipes the contacts, you should be able to simply restore them.

-jk
Closed Thread