Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
mannuforall

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BSNL
Thumbs up New UC Browser 7.8 Released for Blackberry Smartphones

Please Login to Remove!

After the presence on nearly every major platform, UC Browser today released the official version for Blackberry to take the last piece of the cake. Opera Mini has the reason to be afraid of this release, because the newly release marked that UC Browser has invaded all its battle fields.

By a test by on UC Browser for BB, I found that it succeed all the good features from the traditional UC Browser version, such as the fast speed, traffic saving, powerful downloading function, and all the user experience oriented features. Let’s take a deeper look at it.

Fast speed is always the label of UC Browser:
I have tested the T1 & T3 for both Opera Mini & UC Browser on Yahoo & New York Times, UC Browser has an obvious advantage over Opera Mini from the following table, about 2 seconds lead is showed.

Save your 85% of the traffic charge by the cutting edge compression technology:
From the following test chart you could find that UC Browser save more than 30% of the traffic than Opera Mini, which means you could save about 30% of your spend on the tariff to your operators.

Start Page Site Navigation, to access to your favorite site with one click, no need to input URL:
Considering the small keyboard and inconvenience of the handset input, UC Browser has provided the site navigation, which put most popular site in the start page, in order to make users can save the input to get access to their favorite sites.
Powerful download manager supporting download large file & multiple task & pause/resume:
A lot of users in the developing countries may find that it is really hard to download large file due to the limited of the operators. However, with UC Browser, I am happy to tell you that you need no longer about the large file, because UC Browser supports the multi-tread download to get over the limit from operators. Moreover, the pause/resume function can make you don’t lose the downloading when the network is not good.

A lot of User Experience Oriented Features:
UC Browser for BB supports “remember current page” & “clear all browser history” operation, close tab with right bottom, open the “menu” operation while loading page, to make more smooth operation in low level handset.
Also, UC Browser for BB supports to change the theme to make your browser more personalized.

Download UC Browser 7.8.0.95 for Blackberry by your OS: (Remember to select the right os version,you can get OS information through "Option" ->"about" on your phone)
If your phone is touch screen, use the OS4.7 Version:
UCBrowser_V7.8.0.95_BB4.7_pf161_(Build11080311).ja d
If your phone OS version is higher than 4.5(including 4.5) and not touch screen , select OS4.5 Version:
UCBrowser_V7.8.0.95_BB4.5_pf159_(Build11080311).ja d
If your phone OS version is lower than 4.5 and not touch screen , select OS4.2 Version:
UCBrowser_V7.8.0.95_BB4.2_pf160_(Build11080311).ja d
Plz follow the trackback url for download or this(remove space): bit. ly/oNvnhr , as I don't have permission to post outside links now.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO
Default Re: New UC Browser 7.8 Released for Blackberry Smartphones

Looks like it's listed as UC with 3 squares behind it in the app world.

You could download this version at wap.ucweb.com directly from your handset.

UC Browser 7.8 for Blackberry Released - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
Old 08-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Soapm

will take some getting used to navigating but it's running fine so far. Got column view back which makes me happier than a monkey on a banana boat...
Old 08-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
mannuforall

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BSNL

the version about you talking in app world was a Chinese version of this browser and now its released in English officially.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannuforall View Post
the version about you talking in app world was a Chinese version of this browser and now its released in English officially.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Anyway to set a home page? I still find navigating confusing and making one wrong move is unforgiving. I would also like a way to disable the facebook crap and it would be nice if it could share the bookmarks already in my berry.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
SteveMRose
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

My problem is the "Menu" and "Cancel" functions in the browser require the green and red phone keys. Every time i press the Green phone key, my phone log pops up and I have Application Shortcuts set in the options.

I cannot figure out how to make these keys for UC Browser so any help is greatly accepted.

Thanks
steve
Closed Thread