Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
newportweb

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Orange UK Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

Purchased a BB Curve 8900 through Orange UK last Tuesday, received it on Wednesday, Registered on BIS and with Orange.

I have received no Service Books, and the GPRS / EDGE is constantly in lower case, despite me trying to send service books via BIS site and Orange Blackberry Support.

After several 30min phone calls to Orange over the past week i have been told that this is affecting various other new users on Orange, something to do with their profiles on the Blackberry servers???

Anyway, Orange have evidently escalated this problem with Blackberry, but they cannot confirm how long it is going to take to fix, they said it could take weeks!!!!!
So here i have a new Blackberry, with no BIS and no internet!!!
Orange UK say there is no point sending out a new replacement handset as the problem lies with the profiles and not the handsets.

Sorry for the long winded post, just wanted to find out if there are any other Orange UK users in the same position or if there are any official blackberry staff here who might be able to comment and shed light on the problem.

Many thanks in advance
Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I've not seen any BIS outage reported on your network from other people... there would be noise!

I doubt there has been this issue THAT long without more of an uproar.

Have you tried these things?

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot

if still nothing...
3. resend your service books from your carrier BIS site.
Where can I log into my BIS account? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 04-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

I would say Orange havent activated your BB data plan correctly.
Which is why your a) having problems and b) receive no service books from the BIS site.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 04-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
riiich

Carrier: O2-UK

Is it not possible to give the handset back? Don't you have a grace period? I was with Orange and ended up leaving them to go to O2, have been problemless ever since.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
newportweb

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes i have tried the Register now on Host Routing Table many many times, and i have rebooted my phone more times than i care to mention, all with a battery pull.
Also been to the BIS site to resend service books with no luck

I would of thought that if it was a big outage as Orange tell me then there would be more people moaning, so i dont know if they are just fobbing me off.

They have checked my account and cleared it and reset all the blackberry services onto my plan, it all says it is provisioned correctly etc.

Sadly the grace period ended on Wednesday!!
But i am sure i could get out of it with the long list of notes they have on my account at the moment!!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 AM   #6
skyman84
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: ask!
Carrier: O2 UK

Sounds like just new users are having issues.

Unfortunatly you're just going to have to bash on with Orange. I'm not sure what number you're dialing, but give 158 a go, they're usually more helpful that most.

I'd stick with Orange, especially with some of the BIS deals they've been offering lately.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:28 AM   #7
newportweb

Well it appers that someone else is having the same problems as me over on another forum.

I am just pissed that it does not appear to be a high priority for Orange, it has been nearly 2 weeks for me now, with no resolution in sight, and just being told it is out of their hands and have no idea when it could be fixed.

I did try and ask Orange why they are carrying on selling Blackberry products on their website if they know full well that the customers will not get the service due to this problem when they receive their handsets. Suppose they just want to get the customers!

Just a thought....Would it help if i asked orange to remove and delete my BIS account, and remove PIN and then me re-register the products?
Orange are telling me everything is active on my account i.e. blackberry services, so just wondering if it has anything to do with the BIS service.

I will be once again making my daily hour long call to Orange tomorrow morning, almost become part of my daily chores!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #8
riiich

Carrier: O2-UK

Wirelessly posted

You should threaten to take them to court, as you are paying for a service in which you are not receiving. Two weeks? This is complete madness!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
Tezza

Default Orange UK are SH*T

I am with Orange and have been for a number of years. I have an 8900 and unless you are registered as a business user you cannot send service books from your handset anymore. The upgrades through o/s updates have removed the option icon from the handset. If you have a standard phone that does jack shit and you want good coverage then Orange is a must. If you have any technical queries (anything that falls outside orange sending you your MMS setting OTA) there level 2 and level 3 support is a joke. Just reading forums and doing research yourself will better educate you to the route cause of your problems. Get rid of Orange whilst you can.
Personally as soon as my contract is up I'm off to 02 and getting myself an iphone.
Orange have lost interest in being Blackberry supporters. They go through phases and they just dont care enough to resolve your problems for you.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #10
newportweb

Well i am on Day 13 of my new Blackberry Curve 8900 from Orange...and still no BIS or internet access.

Called last night (sunday) and they decided to raise a ticket with Tech Support, even though i thought this had been done on day 2!!!!

Tech Support called me back this afternoon to ask a few questions to pass onto RIM, exactly the same questions i get asked everytime, OS version and platform etc...

I have been told by Orange that they are not in the wrong as the service is provided by RIM and not by Orange.
As such Orange are providing a fully functioning voice service, the internet is provided by RIM.
So they are basically not hurrying as it is not their fault.

Total piss take!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #11
newportweb

Just had my BT Bill through, and i have a total of £38.47 spent on calls to 156 in the past 12 days!!!!!

Time to claim this back from Orange
Old 04-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
Bold of Frustration

Thumbs down Orange vs RIM

I have had my Bold on Orange UK for over 3 months and all has been well.

I received a service update SMS on Apr 17th and since then have had nothing but trouble, especially with the useless Tech Support.

A new service update restored my BB Internet Service over the mobile network but it is still unavailable via WiFi which I need as no mobile reception at home or in some places I have to work.

I have reset, registered with BIS, HRT, got sim updates and service books many many times and all to no avail.

Having spent at least 2 hours on the phone to Orange, they are now telling me that my account is properly set up and it's nothing to do with them - as it is an internet fault it is down to Blackberry. Therefore, their tech support are unable to be of any further assistance.

I have done lots of research on the internet and am convinced the fault lies with Orange - all was fine until the "service update" texts arrived.

This ties in with other reports of "not having a data plan". The Hotspot browser works fine on any AP but access is not permitted to the BIS.

I don't really know where to go from here but will change from calling 156 and revert to 150 and threatening to leave. The main reason I stayed with Orange and got the BB Bold was to use WiFi for push email to save me having to cart a laptop around!!

My experience has been identical to that of NewportWeb - any advice please!!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #13
Tezza

Default orange.is.crap.co.uk

Hi again
It really dosent matter if you threaten to leave Orange as they simply do not care. I have been with Orange for around 10 years and have only ever stayed with them as I had simple needs (back then) and needed good coverage. Now that most of the major mobile comms companies have 99.9% coverage this is no longer a necessity to stay with them. I do so as I have 1 yr left of a renewed contract and it serves my needs for now.

I had a HTC TyTNII last year when they 1st came out. It had Windows Mobile 6.0 on and came with a Blackberry Internet Service disk so I had the feature of BB on my new handset.

I upgraded to windows mobile 6.1 via the orange business website and then found out that my BB service wouldnt work due to compatability problems.
Orange told me tough luck; I should'nt have upgraded!!!!!!. They couldnt send my a back up or a roll back in any format to the old os so I had to sell the phone and bought a BB handset off Ebay.

The long and short of it was that I could cancel my data plan only if I wanted to as this can be done at any time. If you are tied in on a renewed contract then my advice is downgrade to the lowest possible price plan, forget about orange, sell your phone or get it unlocked and go to another service provider.

As I said before orange just dont give a shit if you leave because as many people who leave Orange they get the same amount of new customers the next day with crappy offers of cheap handsets and freebies.

Orange customer service is basic and limited and cannot offer any level of expertise with anything technical. They all deserve to loose their jobs. ASSHOLES! (and yes i am bitter)
Old 04-28-2009, 02:45 AM   #14
newportweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold of Frustration View Post
I have had my Bold on Orange UK for over 3 months and all has been well.

I received a service update SMS on Apr 17th and since then have had nothing but trouble, especially with the useless Tech Support.

My experience has been identical to that of NewportWeb - any advice please!!

In a nice sort of way i am glad i am not the only one, but i can fully understand your frustration as i have the same day in day out!

I have had a total of 37 service update SMS's none of them work.

And i have also been told by Orange that it is not their fault it is Blackberrys as they provide the service, despite me telling them i purchased a Blackberry service from ORANGE, and such the blame lies with them.

They will not give me an eta on a fix, could be days, could be weeks, they just email the details to RIM and wait for a fix.

My biggest gripe is the fact they are still selling Blackberrys on their website, and still claim that it only affects some users. So why cant they just send me a new phone and sim ?? they said because then they might have a fully working phone come back to them but it is second hand and cannot resell it!!!!!!

I am at the end of my tether with them and dont know how to proceed apart from ringing them everyday.

I also find that 156 is always busy for at least 45 mins!! but if you go through 150 then press 1 / 4 / 3 you get through to basic support who can then get through to tech support much faster.

From speaking to a support guy in the bristol call centre, 156 & 157 go through to the same team, dont know what 158 is.

Oh well, i have vented my frustration out on here, will leave you all in peace until the next update!!!

Cheers for all the replies
Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 AM   #15
newportweb

Well Day 16, decided to sort this problem myself.

Rang Orange, told them the blackberry was faulty, display had stopped working.

Sent me out a new handset, arrived this morning, put in my sim card and hey presto, all working and connected to BIS!!!

So why could Orange not of done this 15 days ago when the fault was discovered.

From speaking to Orange it appears my original PIN was a duplicate from another handset, so someone else was using it, which was causing errors with the RIM servers.

Oh well, time to claim some money back from orange!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #16
Bold of Frustration

Default Success

I thought I'd give tech support one last chance before sending the phone back and...

Spoke to Phil on 156 who immediately said he knew what the problem was and that he needed to cancel my BIS and then re-subscribe me. I am not sure if he did anything else as well but the problem is now sorted. All internet and email functions now restored over both Wifi and 3G/GPRS.

Amazing - after over 2 hours speaking to "tech support" who refused to acknowledge that Orange was at fault, one guy sorted it in less than 5 mins. No sim/software updates required.

Answer - ask for Phil!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #17
newportweb

Also managed to get some money out of them!!

Faxed over BT bill and a covering letter, and got a credit on my account of £51.44

All is good and the blackberry is working fine!!
Closed Thread