Old 05-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #21
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
This less than usual battery life will mostly hurt the people who do not sleep!

I am betting one thing, the Bold will last twice as long as the iPhone II
not a chance, although i do think the bold will have better battery life because it has half the screen the next iphone will have. that being said I think the life will be within 20% of the bold, definitely not twice the battery life.

and why does everyone feel the need to attack and jab at the iphone? plenty of BB fans on here that use iphones (myself included). Not sure why its usually the people who have been here the longest that tend to lead the assault on iphone / iphone users but it does get old. Some BBf users need to look in the mirror to find that they are more hardcore fanboys than some of us iphone users will ever be.

and it is a public forum as dawg so clearly states so ghetto can complain all he/she wants since it was a thread started by her/him and it went off topic. so everything is open including Dawg's short temper, greg's ignorance of iphones and Dallas's love for statistics.

Last edited by test54; 05-29-2008 at 12:14 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
and it is a public forum as dawg so clearly states so ghetto can complain all he/she wants since it was a thread started by her/him and it went off topic. so everything is open including Dawg's short temper, greg's ignorance of iphones and Dallas's love for statistics.
Well written.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
CrazEtooN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: iPhne
PIN: point
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
not a chance, although i do think the bold will have better battery life because it has half the screen the next iphone will have. that being said I think the life will be within 20% of the bold, definitely not twice the battery life.

and why does everyone feel the need to attack and jab at the iphone? plenty of BB fans on here that use iphones (myself included). Not sure why its usually the people who have been here the longest that tend to lead the assault on iphone / iphone users but it does get old. Some BBf users need to look in the mirror to find that they are more hardcore fanboys than some of us iphone users will ever be.

Because fanboyism doesn't allow for more than 1 thing to be liked. Open minded approaches like you, or I, have toward the iPhone (or WinMo for that matter) isn't comprehended by someone so convinced their chosen device is better that they can't even see common reasoning. They instead get defensive about everything and insist on taking shots at the things they don't like just because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Take greg..whateverhisnameis for example. In another thread dealing with the Bold and iPhone he claimed that the iPhone he tried for a couple of days wouldn't hold a charge passed lunch. I, and several others, said there is no way that was true of the iPhone as a whole, and posted the type of battery life we all got. Instead of acknowledging that there may have been a fault with his particular device, he called us all liars and just continued bashing the iPhone.

Like I said, blind fanboyism that refuses to accept another device outside of the one they have chosen to "love."
Old 05-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #24
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I for one don't care if you call us fanboys or not. My mother taught me sticks and stones when I was young.

But going on craze definition I am not a fanboy anymore because I like other things. Thanks Ill be sure to point that out to the people who continue to use that term so liberally.

And Test thats the second time you've said something about my temper. I don't have a short temper at all. That would entail me getting mad by what is written here and that is way far off the truth. I get upset at times but I have only been mad in one post here, and I deleted everything I said in it later that day after I calmed down. So please if you have something to say send me a PM and we can talk.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #25
Outrigger
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazEtooN View Post
Because fanboyism doesn't allow for more than 1 thing to be liked. Open minded approaches like you, or I, have toward the iPhone (or WinMo for that matter) isn't comprehended by someone so convinced their chosen device is better that they can't even see common reasoning. They instead get defensive about everything and insist on taking shots at the things they don't like just because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Take greg..whateverhisnameis for example. In another thread dealing with the Bold and iPhone he claimed that the iPhone he tried for a couple of days wouldn't hold a charge passed lunch. I, and several others, said there is no way that was true of the iPhone as a whole, and posted the type of battery life we all got. Instead of acknowledging that there may have been a fault with his particular device, he called us all liars and just continued bashing the iPhone.

Like I said, blind fanboyism that refuses to accept another device outside of the one they have chosen to "love."
very well written

What did you all expect on a BB forum? you'll have hardcore blind fanboys on every forum you go to. Yes its a public forum and everyone has the right to state their opinion. However, keep in mind that flame wars and going way off topics will also get the thread closed. So no, not everyone can just state whatever they want.

This thread started by the OP was talking about the battery life of the Bold, so, why does it always turn into a Bold vs. IP2 thread like every single god damn thread in this section? If you don't like the IP2, start your own thread in a different section. If you don't like the Bold, again, do the same, because if my memory serves me correct, threadjacking is also forbiddened.

And to some of you that think 12 posts = noob, it just really shows your own ignorance. If the head of R&D at RIM vists this forum but only posted twice, does that mean he/she's a noob? Quantity doesn't mean quality! I've seen many long time posters with over 1000 counts post nothing but gibberish and going OT constantly. I'll reserve naming names.

Last edited by Outrigger; 05-29-2008 at 01:31 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #26
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

no need to use that kind of language here its not welcomed at all
Old 05-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #27
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
like every single god damn thread in this section?
LOL!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #28
test54
BlackBerry Master

Dawg, i enjoy you and your posts but i'm sure their are a (w)hole army on here that would say you can be a bit of a VZW fanboy at times. Just mention "GPS and VZW" in the same post and there were times where it got ugly.
my point was that I'm free to discuss your temper as its an open forum. the whole fanboy thing gets old, people like what they like and no outside person will ever change another person's mind. but there are some that take every opportunity to slam people for liking something other than BB when there are actually smart open-minded people who are capable of liking more than just one device maker.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #29
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
You're right, ghetto can whine and moan all he wants to, but what he CAN'T do is demand or order another member to NOT post his opinion in a thread, which is what he did.

As for your other comments, I'm a bit disappointed test, I thought better of you. Speculation about an unannounced device does not equate to ignorance, even if it exhibits a bias (similar to the bias ghetto showed in his original post.) I don't think Dawg has displayed a short temper in this thread, and I certainly haven't quoted any statistics.

The thread had naturally moved from a negative opinion about the Bold (I guess you thought that was fine, its just negative opinions about the iPhone that you don't approve of) into a discussion of battery life being shorter on ALL 3G phones, so I don't think speculation about the relative times of two 3G devices (and that's all it was, he didn't claim it as fact) was "off topic" at all, unless anything negative about the iPhone is off topic by definition (unlike the original post which was negative about the Bold.)
Old 05-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #30
test54
BlackBerry Master

Dallas please reread.
The mention of the three people was to make note that we can say whatever we want and the comments were based off previous threads not necessarily this one.

Please reread my comments and if that does not help then i feel sorry for you. The thread was started with a negative comment about the bold, no problem there. The problem came in where the shot at iphoneII came in claiming twice the battery life of the iphone II which is stupid. The OP made a polite attempt to keep this from going off topic and then you dropped the tirade post about "rights" and greg added his newbies comment. That my friend is where it went downhill.

BTW - ghetto, great avatar.

Last edited by test54; 05-29-2008 at 01:57 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #31
DallasFlier

Quote:
Dallas as always your blind to which you do not agree. The mention of the three people was to make note that we can say whatever we want and the comments were based off previous threads not necessarily this one.

Please reread my comments and if that does not help then i feel sorry for you. The thread was started with a negative comment about the bold, no problem there. The problem came in where the shot at iphoneII came in claiming twice the battery life of the iphone II which is stupid. The OP made a polite attempt to keep this from going off topic and then you dropped the tirade post about "rights" and greg added his newbies comment. That my friend is where it went downhill.
test, if there is "blindness" going on, its in two directions, my friend! So a negative comment about the Bold was "no problem there" but a negative comment about iPhones was "stupid." And it didn't go downhill when ghetto took his potshot and demanded, "so please just refrain from offering your opinion which isn't grounded in any facts" - like his own opinion that Bold "Battery Life Sucks" which was grounded in an equal number of facts? Thanks for "feeling sorry for me" but your sympathy isn't needed, and as the old saying goes, you shouldn't complain about the splinter in another's eye before removing the timber from your own.

(And your accusation about Dawg's temper with respect to "VZW and GPS" is certainly no more valid than your temper with respect to "iPhone is bad" as you've duly shown here in this thread now.)

Last edited by DallasFlier; 05-29-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #32
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
The OP made a polite attempt to keep this from going off topic .

Sorry but when the OP starts a thread like this in the Blackberry Bold Forum, just where do you expect this conversation to go?

I dare say if I went to a iPhone forum and said "iPhone - Battery life sucks" I would get the same treatment the OP got here!

Don't give me this "OP made a polite attempt" cr^p!

Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-29-2008 at 02:12 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #33
test54
BlackBerry Master

as stated above its an open forum and the OP can say what they wish, your post however was the one that took us to where the thread is today.

Dallas, please refrain from archaic sayings as they are lost on most people under the age of 50. Also, if you think my statements here have been in ill-temper or fanboyish then again I do feel sorry for you (whether you want my pity or not).
Old 05-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #34
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
Yet another off-topic pot shot at the iPhone. You already showed in a previous post that you have no clue when it comes to the iPhone so please just refrain from offering your opinion which isn't grounded in any facts.

I asked about the Bold, not the iPhone.
Sounds pretty polite to me considering greg's previous posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
\
The iPhone is really more like in competition with the sidekick! <vbg>
That is quite an insult to the iphone people, I actually thought that was awesome.

Quote:
So, the specs put the Bold at 5h talk time. With some modest talking, say 2 hours a day, and web surfing/emailing, say again 2 hours, that should off the battery in a day. Isn't that a bit on the "light" side?
certainly not bashing the bold, more like questioning it.

Last edited by test54; 05-29-2008 at 02:27 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #35
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

ok guys seriously, give it a rest before this thread gets closed...
Old 05-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #36
CZBB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800T
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic117 View Post
yep i charge my bberry every night anyway so if it can last from wake up til end of the day, im okay with that
As long as the battery lasts a good 18 hours I will be fine... this is the case... right?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #37
DallasFlier

Quote:
Dallas, please refrain from archaic sayings as they are lost on most people under the age of 50.
The "archaic saying" is from the Bible, and there are lots of under-50's it wouldn't be lost on - if its lost on you, I'm sure you can get some of your Notre Dame colleagues to help you out.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #38
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
ok guys seriously, give it a rest before this thread gets closed...
agreed.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #39
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

I have no doubt that RIM is not going to drop a phone on us that has got to be charged by the middle of the day. Even with 3G RIM will have made sure that the average user will not run out of power.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #40
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZBB View Post
As long as the battery lasts a good 18 hours I will be fine... this is the case... right?
I am betting the average user will get more than 18 hours.
Closed Thread