Old 10-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
AverageWhiteBloke
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Phone and DM different results?

Please Login to Remove!

Why does the phone and the DM have differing ideas to which OS should be on the phone?

I plugged the phone in to my pc today and got an application error had to close message. I get the same message whatever I try and do whether using the browser to update or the phone.

I'm using DM 6.1.0.35
The Phone is using ver 6.2391
Device Manager is 6.0.0.30

When use the phone it says the software is the most up to date but when I connect to DM there is an update available 6.2647. I can't get the update through DM because of the app loader error, I can't get it through a browser from BB because of the same error and the phone thinks its using the latest anyway.

That's leaving me downloading it at present from o2 which is taking a life time!
When will RIM get all this unified and stop having to match all these different versions at a time when they are not flavour of the month?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
AverageWhiteBloke

Default Re: Phone and DM different results?

An update on where I'm at with this, I did a clean uninstall/re-install of the DM manager and all folders, registry sweep as well as delete all registry entries to do with RIM/Blackberry and I still get the handheld application error when using my works PC computer.

I also upgraded my phone OS to 6.2647 dowloaded from o2 without problems.

When I got home and backed my phone up to my laptop without any issues I had a quick look at the versions numbers and noticed I am using the most up to date DM and phone OS but the Device Manager was 6.0.0.31 where as my work PC was 6.0.0.30

Could this have some bearing on the issue? The question is where does the Device Manager come from, is it installed as part of the Desktop Software and can the Device Manager be upgraded seperately from somewhere else?

Another thing I'm confused about is the software application loader I dowloaded from o2, does this interact with the desktop software or is it a totally seperate bit of kit? Can I keep different software versions on the same PC without problems? For instance I have two blackberrys can I keep the most up to date version for each phone on the same pc without any conflicts?

I would apprecate any help on this.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
AverageWhiteBloke

Default Re: Phone and DM different results?

Must be in the wrong part of the board or something
Closed Thread