BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
mjmackey55

Model: 8703e
Question Hotmail Delays, Outlook Personal Folder, 2nd Mail Icon

Please Login to Remove!

I just bought the 8703e from Verizon. I currently have Hotmail coming into my MS Outlook, but it shows up in a separate section under the Personal Folders section. Once I installed the desktop software, it is not pulling in the Hotmail e-mails because it is looking in the Inbox in Personal Folders, and Hotmail has its own section with its own Inbox on my Outlook.

So next I tried to setup to have Hotmail just go directly to my Blackberry by logging into the BIS. I setup the external email account and it registered. A second icon was created now, so it now looks like i have 2 places to retrieve email off my Blackberry (one is an envelope, one is an envelope with an arrow wrapped around it).

When I go to send an email from the "plain envelope icon", it makes me select which source i am sending from. The sending function appears to be working pretty well now (takes about 10-15 seconds). Unfortunately, however, it is taking over 10 minutes to receive an email that I know has already arrived at Hotmail.

All i really want is to have 1 envelope icon to send/receive email with the hotmail address showing and for the send/receive to both work at the same pace.

HELP!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: m

Desktop Redirector won't work with Hotmail. Needs an Exchange server.

Individual email icon is part of BIS 2.0. You can hide it. Alt + Click while on the icon you want to hide. Choose hide.

BIS checks your email about every fifteen minutes. Ten minute delay is common. It's not a consistent connection.
Closed Thread