Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
o2mpx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint and ATT
Default Back to the Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

Gone through another 2 alternatives: Palm Centro Pro and the brand new Nokia E75, but back to the 8120, again.

The latest is E75, well made, way too heavy in the pocket. Also with known problems with Exchange, sometimes I can get emails sent, but if it's set to sync Calendar, and who wouldn't, then emails can get stuck in outbox. The keyboard is flat, and hard to type on, plus since it's landscape slide out, thumbs have to reach too far. Really wanted to like the phone, even thinking about holding on to it and wait for next firmware, but back it goes to Amazon.

Palm Centro Pro, not bad, made by HTC, but again too heavy and buttons too small and harder to type.

Will there ever be an update to the candybar form factor Pearl? From 8100 and now 8120, been using the same phone for seemed like years. Would like a suretype Pearl replacement one of these days?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

I guess the pearl will get the 8220 upgrade soon, screen, keyboard... I'm thinking about reactivating my 8120 too. I now have a computer at work that I use for my emails too, so the Pearl is perfect.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
o2mpx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint and ATT
Default Pearl to take a vacation

Got the 8900 Curve. Will use it for a while and shelfing the Pearl for now.

At first it appears Curve has better reception in areas around my house where the Pearl was not strong (both without UMA activiated).

Will need to get used to the full qwerty, but just read Pearl with 3G is forthcoming later this year, was it from Boy Genius?, so will use the Curve for now and see if it can replace the Pearl.

If not, when the Pearl 3G arrives, that's for me.
BB 8120 Pearl Tmobile
iPhone Unlocked Tmobile

Last edited by o2mpx; 05-27-2009 at 02:37 PM..
Closed Thread