Old 04-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
eldiener
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Voice mail and number of rings

Please Login to Remove!

I upgraded to the 9800 recently from a Nokia 6650 fold, but I do not see anything on the device relating to voice mail. I can call my voice mail using the "Call Voice Mail" menu item of the Phone, but I do not get notices when I receive voice mail nor can I set the number of rings on the phone before voice mail answers. How do I setup voice mail to do those things for me ?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
sid_kid
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Voice mail and number of rings

if you have at&t the best thing to do is call them and get access to visual voice mail...once you do this you can also ask the CSR if you can change the number of rings before your voice mail picks up...

i don't remember having the option to adjust the number of rings, however i am sure at&t can answer that question...

as far as alerts go, if you select the profile alerts in the upper left corner of the home screen you can touch "change sounds and alerts" and then "sounds for selected profile". from there open "messages - notifiers" and you can select the way you are alerted when you receive a voice mail message.

also, i should have prefaced this message by saying that you need to make sure that your voice mail is properly set up before doing anything else...hope this helps...
Old 04-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Voice mail is a carrier supported add-on, so I agree with the advice above to call AT&T (if that is your actual cell carrier) and discuss it with them. Mine is set at either 4 rings or 20 seconds, can't remember which, but I do get 4 rings.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
eldiener
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_kid View Post
if you have at&t the best thing to do is call them and get access to visual voice mail...once you do this you can also ask the CSR if you can change the number of rings before your voice mail picks up...

i don't remember having the option to adjust the number of rings, however i am sure at&t can answer that question...

as far as alerts go, if you select the profile alerts in the upper left corner of the home screen you can touch "change sounds and alerts" and then "sounds for selected profile". from there open "messages - notifiers" and you can select the way you are alerted when you receive a voice mail message.

also, i should have prefaced this message by saying that you need to make sure that your voice mail is properly set up before doing anything else...hope this helps...
Under "messages - notifiers" I do not see anything which says "voice mail". There is a "Visual Voice Mail" but when I try to start that from the Home Screen it tells me to call my voice mail to set that up. Calling voice mail does not give me any options concerning "Visual Voice Mail".
Closed Thread