Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
crbower

Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Cool WiFi Sync - not automated

Please Login to Remove!

The WiFi Sync does work from a technical perspective... BUT... its not exactly intuative how you initiate the download... firstly, I think that Desktop Manager has to be open. Then the items that you have marked for sync will be synced if you connect the USB cable and press sync or will be synced wirelessly if you..... wait for it......

manually go to the album,. playlist, folder or whatever and select them for download - then the download starts.

This mean all the wifi sync helps you with is not pluggin in a cable - it doesnt keep you automatically synced!

It does not appear to be an intelligent, proactive syncing mechanism that automatically goes to your PC and keeps your music / podcats reconciled and updated.

This application is most useful for keeping your blackberry podcasts updated with the latest news, and the point is you don't remember / have time to do a manual download before you rush out the door - so you want the wifi to do the downloading automatically.

Please BB, dont wait for users to initiate a WiFi download have it running as a constant service.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
JulienNoum

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: WiFi Sync - not automated

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbower View Post
The WiFi Sync does work from a technical perspective... BUT... its not exactly intuative how you initiate the download... firstly, I think that Desktop Manager has to be open. Then the items that you have marked for sync will be synced if you connect the USB cable and press sync or will be synced wirelessly if you..... wait for it......

manually go to the album,. playlist, folder or whatever and select them for download - then the download starts.

This mean all the wifi sync helps you with is not pluggin in a cable - it doesnt keep you automatically synced!

It does not appear to be an intelligent, proactive syncing mechanism that automatically goes to your PC and keeps your music / podcats reconciled and updated.

This application is most useful for keeping your blackberry podcasts updated with the latest news, and the point is you don't remember / have time to do a manual download before you rush out the door - so you want the wifi to do the downloading automatically.

Please BB, dont wait for users to initiate a WiFi download have it running as a constant service.

I feel your pain crbower. I think it's the problem with a lot of the native software BlackBerry puts out there. Unfortunately, if you don't want to pay for a better sync solution, I'm not sure what to tell ya.

If you decide you really need a full sync solution, boy is Syncables SICK. I've been using Syncables 360 version 7. Syncables has a perfect WiFi sync solution. It's simple. Unlike the annoyance of BlackBerry's WiFi sync which *isn't* intuitive, Syncables is very intuitive. Quite simple. It just friggin' works, you know? It goes beyond just syncing music and stuff from your phone to your computer, though...I also sync all of my folders and media between my Macbook and Dell desktop.

And? Syncables can automatically sync of all your data if you'd like it to. I think this is more what you're looking for, though remember it's not free! Then again, you get what you pay for. Go for it.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Re: WiFi Sync - not automated

Desktop manager does remain open but in a service state. It appears in the notification area of the windows taskbar. The main ui and front end are closed.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread