Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
Bill_FL

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default New to BB - 8320 on tmobile questions

Please Login to Remove!

Glad I found this place, read through several threads and seems like you all know your stuff. I am new to the BB. I came off a tmobile dash and got an 8320. I really like the wifi calling and finally, a phone that will sync to my google calendars.

I do have some questions that I am struggling with:

1 - I called tmobile support yesterday. The dash was on a tzones plan and worked ok to get my emails. Not the blackberry server, but my own email, I think bb calls it internet email. The guy at the tmobile store said it would work fine with this phone. It didnt, had to upgrade to the data plan. So, now, I am getting a text message that shows who the email is from and the subject line, with a code of "701" first, then I get the email in my email box. I called support, they said, no problem, we can fix that. Well, their fix killed my email but I still get the stupid text notification. Anyone know how to fix this without calling support again?

2 - Tmobile says this phone has "Real web browsing". I wouldnt call it that. Yeah, you can get to the internet, but what you see on the screen looks and acts nothing like what it looks like on my computer. I run my church's website and there is no way you can navigate it. I have talked to tmobile and their answer is that it is RIM's fault that the browser does not work like a computer browser. All Tmobile has to do is provide the gateway to the internet. I told them it sounded like false advertising to say "Real web browsing" when you cant look at "Real web sites". IS this true? is it the browser? Is there anyway to fix it?

3 - I love that the calendar syncs to google calendars. My church and a few other groups I am in all have google calendars. I can use the google add on to sync them. However, on my desktop, I have them all color coded, so at a glance I know which group is scheduled. I can not figure out on the BB how to do this. Seems pretty basic as even my 5 year old palm pilots did it, as did the dash. I just cant figure it out on the BB.

Any help would really be appreciated.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

1) What is your e-mail acct. If its Google, I am surprised you are having problems
2) Look at http://operamini.com/beta
Just click on the link from your device.
3) I sync to Outlook maybe someone else can assist here.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
Bill_FL

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

My email account is a domain that I own for my business and the email address is from that domain. It worked perfect on my dash, and until tmobile "fixed" the text message thing, it worked perfect.

I will check opera, thanks.
Closed Thread